Suggest any improvements
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: So what is the problem?

Borek wrote:i am merely saying that one of the reasons some players do not actively play ascended is because the moment they farm someone there's a chance they can be massacred in main. Right now the rules favour the big players in large empires/alliances, freezing out the rest of the player base.

And don't tell me it doesn't because i have been playing a completely fresh account from last June, farmed several TL members who had no defense and stupidly high incomes on ascended and had numerous threats and a few massings for my troubles. All because my account was not in an alliance and was weak in main and they were too pathetic to descend me.

I get the reasonings for removal of god questing, I do. I have as well be threatened of massing for hitting DMU, its the risks of farming. Even though I feel its pathetic and absurd to take ascended actions into main.

Being an ascended being is having all the knowledge of the universe, you are a god.
Why is it I do not recognize other gods and know of/about them?
Cause this is essentially what you would be removing with the no god quest/reset ids suggestion.
Borek
Forum Addict

Yes the game mechanics are going to need to change, that is really the whole idea behind this thread, to change the server to such and extent that people want (and need) to play it, at least to some extent. Also to remove the current state of player where an account with a certain amount of personal skills can basically be left unplayed and be safe from harm.

I want people to really think about what changes can be made to the server to get you wanting to play it. if we can get a lot of active players to bring up a set of proposals to Jason we all agree on he will be more likely to change things, if we cannot agree on anything then the server is doomed to remain boring and pointless like it is now.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Calesta
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Centurion
ID: 15208

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:can whoever is decending my ascended farms stop it.. 7 of them down now GRRRRRR :D

only 7 your lucky !!! 12 of mine are gone grrrr
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rottenking
Forum Expert
ID: 82082

Borek wrote:Yes the game mechanics are going to need to change, that is really the whole idea behind this thread, to change the server to such and extent that people want (and need) to play it, at least to some extent. Also to remove the current state of player where an account with a certain amount of personal skills can basically be left unplayed and be safe from harm.

I want people to really think about what changes can be made to the server to get you wanting to play it. if we can get a lot of active players to bring up a set of proposals to Jason we all agree on he will be more likely to change things, if we cannot agree on anything then the server is doomed to remain boring and pointless like it is now.

its simple really.

small changes but effective changes over a few months.
start with making undeveloped planets earn a income (something i belive almost everyone would agree with)
this will open up more farms, and possibly make farming easier (by creating more farms)

dont vadically change the server at once. it will do more harm than good
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

lol borek is after all this long time that ppl think thats a dommed server u want to vitalize it , perhaps is wrong man. i
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

From the above this is a Summary of what I think:

Good Suggestions
1. Minimum Time to descend Someone - 12 hours I think it should be possible to stay undescended (especially given how important it is) by being active enough. 3 Hour in between, 4 hits total.
2. MTs should be added with option for ppt and ats This gives people a break from watching for descension, similar to main breaks. Ats would help those who are more active get a similar use compared to the ppt.
3. Increase Hunt Assassin Rate A lot easier to DM and DI than to Hunt Assassins.
4. Remove 1/5 limiter in all regards. This makes it a lot easier for those small to grow large and catch up to a reasonable amount. Maybe, if it's meant to protect smaller people, make it so that you can only hit people 1/10 of your size below, but not above.
5. 2 bil Planet Limit should be increased to at least 5 bil, maybe 10 bil 2 bil and CER limiting seems to me to make the game boring and income limited. Would actually be interesting if certain planets only counted a certain % (such as supers being only 1 even though they are 5).
6. Have Untrained planets produce income also would increase income in the game.
7. Turns increase the same no matter the rank this seems to penalize those who actually want to be high ranked and should be removed.
8. Increase the stats of all players to a minimum level and raise the fresh ascenders to the same point This would make the account a lot easier to start with (unless of course the limit of attacking is removed then it is kind of a moot point).
9. Time to descend needs to be changed back to 1/3 being 2/5 allows someone to be descended in 3 hits not the 4 previously.
10. Add text boxes to increase levels easier simple thing to make building levels nicer for those with less than nice levels.
11. Fix Messaging No real way to see your sent messages and should maybe add a saved box.
12. Better Time Stamps another thing that would be nice for easier logging.
13. Increase Number Sizes Ex. 2,147,483,647 Cap makes doing things over that number a pain as they don't show up correct, however still work for attacking and such.

Bad Suggestions
1. You shouldn't be able to gang up on someone. Clearly if someone built up their account and put that much effort into it, a group of half wits and slackers should not be able to take them on. Should 5 Covert 29s be able to sab a Covert 39 on main cheaply just because it's unfair that they can't realistically fight them? No of course not. Piss poor idea that is clearly to benefit those in Empires. You can hit once every 3 hours, there should be no way around this.
2. There should be no extra help for those who didn't put in the effortAs for catching up, it's the same as main. Those ahead stay ahead basically, those behind can catch up but not quite as much. This is the benefit of putting the effort in and any suggestion related to that on ascended could be given on main as well. Because of costs on ascended versus main, it's actually easier to catch up numerically on ascended than on main. If you want to restructure costs, fine, but refund everyone what they put in and let them decide how to put stuff again.
3. Updates should be announced ahead of time on both the forum and the server before being released I also thing it's kinda BS to make as big of an update as the latest TOC one, with no real warning. Many efforts were made in a short time frame to descend people that weren't aware and weren't prepared for the update. This especially is important as admin made it so you can't ascend when descended.
4. Too much emphasis on screwing over main (descension) and not enough effort on making ascended better in and of itself.
5. Only able to refill life force partially I don't think this seems right and you should be able to fill it all at once. Some say that oh well someone is taking forever to descend and they can do it and repair in 5 seconds. That is fair as they are defending, similar to how massing works in main. If someone repairs all that effort is wasted. If they don't, you get it down.
Last edited by BMMJ13 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

this thread feels like a lot of discussion on a lot of different ideas. Anyone who has an idea that they would like looked at please make a thread for that idea, to much going on inside this thread for me to link for. And I think they all deserve some sort of consideration. :)
Lithium
Forum Zombie

delete that server lol there are only 5 pages of actives or semi
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Lithium wrote:delete that server lol

No.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Cole wrote:

No.

hell YES
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
renegadze
Forum Elite

Lithium wrote:
Cole wrote:

No.

hell YES

Lith if you don't like ascended, delete you account, just because you no longer like playing it
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie

thats not a solution
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Lithium wrote:
Cole wrote:

No.

hell YES

Maybe there are people out there who actually like ascended server? :smt105 :smt101

Lithium wrote:thats not a solution

Self descension/vacation mode in ascended. That's what I suggest for people who want ascended to be removed.. :smt017
Lithium
Forum Zombie

new idea why not have a button or a link that switch to ascended straight from main, and same on ascended to main :)
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lithium wrote:new idea why not have a button or a link that switch to ascended straight from main, and same on ascended to main :)
*chuckles* Yes! A button that -if a Godquest would be successful* sends you to the stats page of the Main Worshipper.
What would be amusing is, when a godquest would fail, it would not tell you it failed, but just send you to a random -ascended- person on Main.

Return to “Suggestions”