Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: So what is the problem?

renegadze wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
renegadze wrote:(having any sort of def prohibts you getting the max turns per turn)

not true at all, but having something to protect your defense will. However i think that the LF regen limit would also need other suggestions to go with it to give it its full justice. Like stabilizing turns so that everyone earns the same amount no matter what rank they are OR switch it to higher ranks gaining more. But its my belief that being able to refill all your LF in one click promotes inactivity to begin with. At the moment you only need to log 3-ish times a day for 1 minute or less and refill your LF and you are undescendable, even if you have 0's.

ok you build a def, and tell me how many turn you get a turn - and when I say a def, I mean something atleast mediocre.

Giving more AT's to higher ranks is also a bad idea. The bigger players could easily fill the higher ranks if this was the case, giving the small less turns, ergo less chance of farming to compete.

The only answer I see to this is to actually provide more turns period, for everyone

Code: Select all

Defensive Power    18,895,680,000,000,000    Ranked 299

goes between 2200 and 2700

and you have a covert to defend the assassins that protect that?

As i said previously, you can build a defense and still get max turns, having anything to protect said defense will drop you. Covert is useless, unless your farming. And I build assassins when I go to sleep. But my point stands as I said you can build a defense and get max turns anything protecting the defense drops it but this thread isn't about that.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Borek wrote:Well the ganging up is an option, no one HAS to do it.

I haven't had such a good laugh in ages. We all know that if you make this possible it will happen.
Borek wrote: Another thing that was discussed a little way back was that ascended accounts are unlinked from main accounts, meaning ID numbers are randomised and God Quest no longer reports the main account. Put this in and ganging up suddenly becomes more viable.

So you are already coming up with fixes to your first idea (before its even implemented).

Ascended beings should not hide like cowards - that is for Purgatory.
Borek wrote: Also if you read the notes Tekki made about Ganging up then actually it does NOT help the big accounts who have alliances

Agreed.
However, it would enable large empires and alliances to use their overwhelming numbers to destroy lone wolves and small alliances (without the inconvenience of their trainees having to build their ascended accounts).

Cowardly play has no place in Ascended - that is for Purgatory.
Borek wrote:If you add in the idea Ifrit and myself had about making Energy channeling level affect how much LF you can refill each turn then and effectively capping it, it means anyone is descendable and to avoid it you have to either maintain a large defense and/or log in pretty often to at least check, and more often if you wish to permanently stop a team from descending you.

The current state of play is:
Inactive players can be descended.
Active players can move life force to prevent being descended.
Active players with decent personal levels can take up to 24 hours to be descended.

Your proposal would make everyone significantly more vulnerable in Ascended so they would be forced to log into the game every 12 hours or set vacation. Players would leave the game in droves.

Your proposal would covert the Ascended Server into Purgatory by encouraging cowardly play.

You proposal would hand the Ascended Server over to large Empires and Alliances (like ours) so they could use their overwhelming numbers to hunt in packs to destroy an Ascended being (without the inconvenience of trainees having to build their ascended accounts).

Your proposal is pure Machiavellian and if it wasn't going to hurt so many players and do irreparable harm to the Ascended Server then I would applaud your sheer cunning and tactics.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

I've been told people don't like reading long posts So I'll just post thoughts here and there in smaller portion lol.

Problems and possible solutions.

Attractiveness. What's the first thing you see when opening the ascended home page? An incomplete log in page. I'd say finish it, change it, or make it better because that's what people see when first logging in. You could even have daily stats of what happens in the ascended server like the "Causalities of GateWars" in main. Maybe even make it unique to each race.

Simplicity. I've been wondering how to take away some of the technicality of the server without removing any of its goodies. The Introspection page has everything on that deals with your ascended realm. Would it work to move a "upgrade" button next to each level on that page while keeping the costs and descriptions on the Power Up page? Having the upgrade feature inserted directly into the Introspection page would give players the ability to see what upgrading a level does directly to the stats after each click. Just a thought.

Image Image Image
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Angelis~ wrote: Would it work to move a "upgrade" button next to each level on that page while keeping the costs and descriptions on the Power Up page? Having the upgrade feature inserted directly into the Introspection page would give players the ability to see what upgrading a level does directly to the stats after each click. Just a thought.

More so a multiple box needs to be added. Instead of just sitting there clicking the button.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

stuff of legends wrote:
Angelis~ wrote: Would it work to move a "upgrade" button next to each level on that page while keeping the costs and descriptions on the Power Up page? Having the upgrade feature inserted directly into the Introspection page would give players the ability to see what upgrading a level does directly to the stats after each click. Just a thought.

More so a multiple box needs to be added. Instead of just sitting there clicking the button.

+1
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

guys seriously take a breaka admin isnt reading this mess , really i followed it actively and now barely understand it, get to the meeting and whisper him
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

^ i said that before. Well...leaned towards it at the very least.
Rottenking
Forum Expert
ID: 82082

Tekki wrote:Therefore when the person with average TOC of 1billion takes on the person with 4billion reserves, they also go and recruit their friends to say there are 2-3 people with the average TOC of 1billion. I would propose that the maximum allowable damage NOT BE changed, but that multiple people can hit the target – within a time frame.

Borek wrote:Also if you read the notes Tekki made about Ganging up then actually it does NOT help the big accounts who have alliances, the amount of damage you can do to an account is still capped like it is now, all it allows is multiple attacks from different players to reach the cap. Currently if a person with 500 personals attacks someone with 800 personals they will probably not even break through their standard LF, let alone deplete the reserves, but you get 10 people with 500 personals and they can actually get the account with 800's down to the 33% cap every 2.5 hrs.

So what happens when the person who logs in and sees 5 people have tried to descend them?

If this idea goes ahead, I would propose that the player the gang is descending should have the favor returned, without interruption from the ascended council.

So if this were to go ahead, my suggestions is:
if player A,B,C,D and E make personal assaults on me, the I should be able to refill all my life force reserves and counter attack them ALL back, at the same time using just 100 turns instead of 500.

This would only be fair to compensate for a gang that decided to ambush me in a dark alley... and would promote people to actually build their account, so they can defend against this bully approach.

To do this we would have to possibly have to go with my earlier suggestion so that ascend beings have the power and ability to defend themselves.

rottenking wrote:Also maybe increase the max amount of turns to 3k or maybe having two separate lit of turns
Physical and high functioning turns used for ascended being actions like god quest and decention, may make farming easier if you collect turns for decentions at a different rate with a cap
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

+1

+2
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

can whoever is decending my ascended farms stop it.. 7 of them down now GRRRRRR :D
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

@RK 2k turns are enough, increase the generation if you must but the max should remain the same.
Atomos
Forum Regular
ID: 1917453

The ganging up idea should be dropped. Let me give you a recent example of a big(ish) well co-ordinated alliance fighting a smaller less organised alliance.

Silent Resistance Vs DxM

They had the better teamwork and activity and took us by surprise and so would've easily been able to gang up on a good 4/5ths of SR and descend them and keep them descended repeatedly.

SR was your average small(ish) alliance with a mix of very active players and a lot of not so active ones. The war was serious, no friendly, rules in place kinda thing.

If ganging up was an option, most of us would've been completely smashed in the first few days and it'd be a solid end. Dont forget the demoralising effect of losing the bonuses can have on people who aren't used to constant war. Thankfully it wasn't an option and so we managed to hold out.

Hence what I was talking about when I said alliance and social dynamics. It doesn't help small alliances or individuals simply cos they dont have enough contacts in game.

And who can log in every 12 hours every single day anyway? That seems to penalise you for simply having a RL... which I'm sure someone will then mention PPT on ascended which leads to a whole host of other problems and logistical issues.

In conclusion, ascended server's fine as it is
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Ascension complete :)
Borek
Forum Addict

Seriously i wish people would think before they complain.

The ganging up idea merely allows multiple people to attack UP TO THE 33% CAP. If you are already much stronger than someone you can already cap your damage on them, so no one else can help at all. So it makes Zero difference to the already powerful players, they cannot gang up on weaklings and be any more effective than they can be right now. All this does is let the weaker players combine attacks so that the strong are actually somewhat vulnerable IF they do not have enough defense to protect themselves from personal assaults.

And no Robe i am not posting fixes to Tekki's Idea, i am merely saying that one of the reasons some players do not actively play ascended is because the moment they farm someone there's a chance they can be massacred in main. Right now the rules favour the big players in large empires/alliances, freezing out the rest of the player base.

And don't tell me it doesn't because i have been playing a completely fresh account from last June, farmed several TL members who had no defense and stupidly high incomes on ascended and had numerous threats and a few massings for my troubles. All because my account was not in an alliance and was weak in main and they were too pathetic to descend me.

Again big players DO NOT BENEFIT so they cannot wipe out lone wolfs or weak alliances any easier than they can right now, this allows weaker alliances to actually gang up and do some damage back though, so no wonder you are complaining about it.

Yes the server would get a shake up, but it damn well needs it because it's buggy and barely played seriously by the majority of the game.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

lol, ppl have always ganged up on Ascended...

next it will be no ganging up on main :D

to save a lot of confusion would be handy if Ascended tagged u with your main alliance tag...
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Rottenking
Forum Expert
ID: 82082

Borek wrote:Seriously i wish people would think before they complain.

The ganging up idea merely allows multiple people to attack UP TO THE 33% CAP. If you are already much stronger than someone you can already cap your damage on them, so no one else can help at all. So it makes Zero difference to the already powerful players, they cannot gang up on weaklings and be any more effective than they can be right now. All this does is let the weaker players combine attacks so that the strong are actually somewhat vulnerable IF they do not have enough defense to protect themselves from personal assaults.

should your idea go ahead, it should not be without risk
if 5 people wish to gang up to decend someone, then that person should have the right to fight them ALL back and take them down
or would you prefer they turn the other cheek?
the current mechanics of the game need to be changed to make that possible

Borek you are advocating to make it easier to descend weaker players, i get that
i am advocating on behalf of those weaker players, not myself
im merely pointing out a flaw in the idea, it does not promote activity
it promotes ganging up on people to gain an unfair advantage over someone else
and if anything, this will undermine your goal of making people more active
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman

Return to “Suggestions”