Ascened Server Fix.

Suggest any improvements
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Ascened Server Fix.

As we all know, Ascention is pretty buggered.

its been that way for a long time, and its been brought up many a time, and many a time nothing is done about it... yet again.

well to be honest im sick of it.

The game revolves around not being descended otherwise your account is at a big disadvantage. This makes sense. So why do we have 2 servers, one that depends on the other, but is infact depending on a broken design?

Id like to start a post for suggestions to Fix the ascended server and make it worthwhile having it inthe first place.

STOP UPDATING A WORKING SERVER UNTIL BOTH ARE PLAYABLE PROPERLY AND NOT LIMITED TO THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE USERS

Suggestions:

1) Get a damn bank... buying and selling weapons costs DMU, increasing your fleets costs a hell load, and sitting with that much open whilst farming is suidide...give us a bank!

2) Remove "Iniate Revolution" it does, well nothing more than kill the entire server. Players dont train miners because they can be killed like this.

3) Force Untrained Planets to become mining planets, and remove the unrained planets possibility. there are FAR to many accounts on ascended with 10b size, all those planets jsut sitting making no income. The entire reason ascened is screwed is because no one can farm on it! no one has miners!!! inactive accounts have no miners, or very little. We need DMU to build active account, we can only farm other active accounts for DMU or players that forgot to untrain miners. and there arent enough active players to farm to generate enough DMU for everyone.

4) Turn Production. What is the point in being able to build stats, if your punished for it? This contributes to the no available DMU issue, no one builds stats to defend their DMU, because in doing so they get less turns. and limit the DMU they can get even further. We need equal turn generation accross the board (might i add a higher cap too?)

5) Power-Ups. We all know it costs a HUGE amount to upgrade your power-ups. fair game, if your willing to put the effort in you should be rewarded. But with current methods of farming and available DMU players will take MONTHS to get anywere near equal powerup levels as older players, basically because of turn generation, no miners creating DMU to farm from people... make the cost of upgrades scale. If you are near the top end it should cost more to push the bar higher, if you are near the bottom, it should cost less to catch the bar. This is done on the Quantum server all the time with Tech levels and UP upgrades. Its simple works, and the only people who are gonna complain are those who are to scared to lose the lead they have built based mostly on the time advantage they have over other players.

6) The Size cap - (too distant to engage)... remove it. it makes the server impossible for newly ascended players to start out and stand a chance. Ive actually recently watched a friend ascend for the very first time to prior, log on ascended server knew how to play it, but couldnt do anything but sell his turns and try to use that miserable 1b DMU to increase his fleets / charisma. even now he has 140k planets a day and cant hit anyojne to increase that. will take him a month / 2 months before he can even start playing properly and attempt to grow and improve like others.

7) Remove the requirement to have 20 times the amount of strike power, than the targets def. To be able to assault them directly. I mean. if your strike is already bigger than their defence.. you can quite clearly blast a hole through their forces to create an opening for yourself to assault them directly... 20 times is just plain overkill, it defies all logic both for roleplay purposes and logical purposes. Its so easy to build 4q def, but then someone has to build a damn 80q strike to blast through it. or destroy you def which takes a chunk of turns, making it cost you near 300-400 turns per assault instead of the original 99...

These are just some issues ive come accross so far. Im happy to take your flaming, but id appreciate your additions aswell.
Last edited by ~Tziki~ on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
AeonKnight
Forum Regular
Race: Ancient
ID: 14055
Alternate name(s): ~Lord Helikaon~
AK
Heli
~Velocity~

Re: Ascened Server Fix.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Excellent post m8.

I sincerely hope that admin intends to do something about the ascended server - and very soon.

Thumbs up ! :smt023
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

~Tziki~ wrote:1) Get a damn bank... buying and selling weapons costs DMU, increasing your fleets costs a hell load, and sitting with that much open whilst farming is suidide...give us a bank!

I like it without a bank tbh, upgrading fleets doesn't take an incredible amount of time to do.
And farming with DMU open is a risk to take regardless, you can just convert it to LF or buy fleets more often if you are so worried.

~Tziki~ wrote:2) Remove "Iniate Revolution" it does, well nothing more than kill the entire server. Players dont train miners because they can be killed like this.

Already suggested to admin several times

~Tziki~ wrote:3) Force Untrained Planets to become mining planets.

Something similar was suggested, and that was for untrained planets to produce some form of income (say half of what a income planet would produce). I would have to agree with you anyway.

~Tziki~ wrote:4) Turn Production. What is the point in being able to build stats, if your punished for it? This contributes to the no available DMU issue, no one builds stats to defend their DMU, because in doing so they get less turns. and limit the DMU they can get even further. We need equal turn generation accross the board (might i add a higher cap too?)

Already been suggested i'm pretty sure, still a valid point but i don't like the higher cap idea though, it seems just right as it is.

~Tziki~ wrote:5) Power-Ups. We all know it costs a HUGE amount to upgrade your power-ups. fair game, if your willing to put the effort in you should be rewarded. But with current methods of farming and available DMU players will take MONTHS to get anywere near equal powerup levels as older players, basically because of turn generation, no miners creating DMU to farm from people...

Firstly, you would have only yourself to blame for not playing the server regardless. Secondly i understand what you mean by the shortage of DMU though, but you solved your problem anyway with point 3.
If you are going to raise the cap on turns then don't allow untrained planets account for income, inversely as well, which i would prefer.
~BADWOLF~
Forum Grunt
Alliance: T I T A N S Legion
Race: T I T A N
ID: 13885

great points tekki totally agree with you man i used to work with the new recuits in TITANS and it was so hard to get them to play as it was so slow i think if we could fix some of these point would be a great way to help people get back on there

two thumbs up from me

~BW~
Spoiler
AeonKnight wrote:whatever, Badwolf truly is a bad wolf.
I wont fight you purly because i feel betrayd and am going to go to bed.
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

~BADWOLF~ wrote:great points tekki totally agree with you man i used to work with the new recuits in TITANS and it was so hard to get them to play as it was so slow i think if we could fix some of these point would be a great way to help people get back on there

two thumbs up from me

~BW~

Woohoo.. I'm making suggestions even when I'm not. :P

I don't necessarily agree with all the suggestions here, but I believe, that a lot of the problem with the ascended server is directly traceable back to the fact that it WAS NOT FINISHED when it was released. Sure changes are made to main, but there has always been a bit of a view that you have to ascend to get good stats in main, and that in turn lead to ascended being neglected.

I would agree though that you should get better ascended bonuses for sacrificing stuff in main and that the exponential of the power-ups probably needs adjustment. There is very little incentive to play if you know you can't catch up, except by doing nothing but farming for 1-2 years. What I would suggest though is a change in the system. Changing the way some of ascended works means that who worked on it, keep their advantage but gives other ways of playing and other ways of achieving things.

I realise there is a limit on the time you can say that the fault was in the creation but the creation of that server set up a culture, and it is that culture that is the issue. I have an ascended account that is 'not too bad' but I can't descend the really big accounts and I won't ever be able to descend them, not even if they stopped playing RIGHT NOW because the DMU just isn't there to get the levels.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

all very good points.

SoL - i know a lot of my points have probably been mentioned before, what really bothers me is that if they arent original why have they not been taken note of yet.

the two servers are meant to entwine amongst each other and reflect the actions of one another, but to look for a positive reflection from your actions when staring at a broken mirror is pointless.

Ascended must be fixed before any more main updates happen otherwise the game is going to completely destroy itself in the most basic and avoidable way.

also the no hitting people 5x bigger than you crap...

any idea how hard that makes growing as a newly ascended player?
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

~Tziki~ wrote:SoL - i know a lot of my points have probably been mentioned before, what really bothers me is that if they arent original why have they not been taken note of yet.

They have been, and they have been suggested to admin, its up to him to implement them.
He is behind on many fixes, cosmetic and bugs, he just needs to go all out and fix them some time.
Repeating suggestion again and again wont solve the issue either.

~Tziki~ wrote:also the no hitting people 5x bigger than you crap...
any idea how hard that makes growing as a newly ascended player?

Hardly, it stops them being massed to hell and taking ages to rebuild. Growing on ascended goes from slow to fast to slow again. You start off with nothing, taking time to get to your feet especially considering there is no hyper-linked userguide available, after awhile you get the feel of the place and farm like hell, at which point you start growing quite fast comparatively to the rest of the server, then you get hit by a brick wall when it all gets exceedingly expensive comparatively to what you can farm.

Tekki wrote:There is very little incentive to play if you know you can't catch up, except by doing nothing but farming for 1-2 years.

Consider this the same view for many people on main, the face of sgw, as well.
I don't think the power-ups need a re-work either they grow fine exponentially as it is. Maybe something to help the lower sized people, such as turn generation based on planet count instead of rank, e.g 0-2 bill 20 turns per turn, 2-4 bill 16 turns per turn, 4 bill+ a 12 turn constant
renegadze
Forum Elite

~Tziki~ wrote:1) Get a damn bank... buying and selling weapons costs DMU, increasing your fleets costs a hell load, and sitting with that much open whilst farming is suidide...give us a bank!

Why not spend/convert the DMU as you farm it?

~Tziki~ wrote:2) Remove "Iniate Revolution" it does, well nothing more than kill the entire server. Players dont train miners because they can be killed like this.

Pretty sure you'll find "Iniate Revolution" is a lot less effective then that even.....It doesn't kill anything!! :(

~Tziki~ wrote:3) Force Untrained Planets to become mining planets, and remove the unrained planets possibility. there are FAR to many accounts on ascended with 10b size, all those planets jsut sitting making no income. The entire reason ascened is screwed is because no one can farm on it! no one has miners!!! inactive accounts have no miners, or very little. We need DMU to build active account, we can only farm other active accounts for DMU or players that forgot to untrain miners. and there arent enough active players to farm to generate enough DMU for everyone.

Totally agree

~Tziki~ wrote:4) Turn Production. What is the point in being able to build stats, if your punished for it? This contributes to the no available DMU issue, no one builds stats to defend their DMU, because in doing so they get less turns. and limit the DMU they can get even further. We need equal turn generation accross the board (might i add a higher cap too?)

Again this needs to happen

~Tziki~ wrote:5) Power-Ups. We all know it costs a HUGE amount to upgrade your power-ups. fair game, if your willing to put the effort in you should be rewarded. But with current methods of farming and available DMU players will take MONTHS to get anywere near equal powerup levels as older players, basically because of turn generation, no miners creating DMU to farm from people... make the cost of upgrades scale. If you are near the top end it should cost more to push the bar higher, if you are near the bottom, it should cost less to catch the bar. This is done on the Quantum server all the time with Tech levels and UP upgrades. Its simple works, and the only people who are gonna complain are those who are to scared to lose the lead they have built based mostly on the time advantage they have over other players.

Catching up is relative, a smaller player can close on the levels of an older player at a quicker rate due to the cost of everything. You think it's now fair to make all levels cheaper? it takes a long time to farm the DMU for a decent acscended account, much as it takes a long time to farm the naq for a decent MS in main - there should be no shortcut

~Tziki~ wrote:6) The Size cap - (too distant to engage)... remove it. it makes the server impossible for newly ascended players to start out and stand a chance. Ive actually recently watched a friend ascend for the very first time to prior, log on ascended server knew how to play it, but couldnt do anything but sell his turns and try to use that miserable 1b DMU to increase his fleets / charisma. even now he has 140k planets a day and cant hit anyojne to increase that. will take him a month / 2 months before he can even start playing properly and attempt to grow and improve like others.

While in part I agree, I believe you shot this suggestion in the foot yourself with suggestion 4. If it's now desirable to have a def, then these new smaller players are never going to be able to farm those much larger then themselves anyway

Which an addition to turn production I believe there should also be an increase in turns, say to 3k, if more people have defences, that's mosr turns that have to be used during war to even get the chance to descend.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

im sorry

im colour blind and i find it almost impossible to read that post could you please change the colour to a lighter colour please
?

thanks

~ryu
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

~Tziki~ wrote:As we all know, Ascention is pretty buggered.

its been that way for a long time, and its been brought up many a time, and many a time nothing is done about it... yet again.

well to be honest im sick of it.

The game revolves around not being descended otherwise your account is at a big disadvantage. This makes sense. So why do we have 2 servers, one that depends on the other, but is infact depending on a broken design?

Id like to start a post for suggestions to Fix the ascended server and make it worthwhile having it inthe first place.

STOP UPDATING A WORKING SERVER UNTIL BOTH ARE PLAYABLE PROPERLY AND NOT LIMITED TO THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE USERS

Suggestions:

1) Get a damn bank... buying and selling weapons costs DMU, increasing your fleets costs a hell load, and sitting with that much open whilst farming is suidide...give us a bank!

2) Remove "Iniate Revolution" it does, well nothing more than kill the entire server. Players dont train miners because they can be killed like this.

3) Force Untrained Planets to become mining planets, and remove the unrained planets possibility. there are FAR to many accounts on ascended with 10b size, all those planets jsut sitting making no income. The entire reason ascened is screwed is because no one can farm on it! no one has miners!!! inactive accounts have no miners, or very little. We need DMU to build active account, we can only farm other active accounts for DMU or players that forgot to untrain miners. and there arent enough active players to farm to generate enough DMU for everyone.

4) Turn Production. What is the point in being able to build stats, if your punished for it? This contributes to the no available DMU issue, no one builds stats to defend their DMU, because in doing so they get less turns. and limit the DMU they can get even further. We need equal turn generation accross the board (might i add a higher cap too?)

5) Power-Ups. We all know it costs a HUGE amount to upgrade your power-ups. fair game, if your willing to put the effort in you should be rewarded. But with current methods of farming and available DMU players will take MONTHS to get anywere near equal powerup levels as older players, basically because of turn generation, no miners creating DMU to farm from people... make the cost of upgrades scale. If you are near the top end it should cost more to push the bar higher, if you are near the bottom, it should cost less to catch the bar. This is done on the Quantum server all the time with Tech levels and UP upgrades. Its simple works, and the only people who are gonna complain are those who are to scared to lose the lead they have built based mostly on the time advantage they have over other players.

6) The Size cap - (too distant to engage)... remove it. it makes the server impossible for newly ascended players to start out and stand a chance. Ive actually recently watched a friend ascend for the very first time to prior, log on ascended server knew how to play it, but couldnt do anything but sell his turns and try to use that miserable 1b DMU to increase his fleets / charisma. even now he has 140k planets a day and cant hit anyojne to increase that. will take him a month / 2 months before he can even start playing properly and attempt to grow and improve like others.

These are just some issues ive come accross so far. Im happy to take your flaming, but id appreciate your additions aswell.
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

thanks mate
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

renegadze wrote:

Why not spend/convert the DMU as you farm it?

Pretty sure you'll find "Iniate Revolution" is a lot less effective then that even.....It doesn't kill anything!! :(

~Tziki~ wrote:3) Force Untrained Planets to become mining planets, and remove the unrained planets possibility. there are FAR to many accounts on ascended with 10b size, all those planets jsut sitting making no income. The entire reason ascened is screwed is because no one can farm on it! no one has miners!!! inactive accounts have no miners, or very little. We need DMU to build active account, we can only farm other active accounts for DMU or players that forgot to untrain miners. and there arent enough active players to farm to generate enough DMU for everyone.

Totally agree

Again this needs to happen

~Tziki~ wrote:5) Power-Ups. We all know it costs a HUGE amount to upgrade your power-ups. fair game, if your willing to put the effort in you should be rewarded. But with current methods of farming and available DMU players will take MONTHS to get anywere near equal powerup levels as older players, basically because of turn generation, no miners creating DMU to farm from people... make the cost of upgrades scale. If you are near the top end it should cost more to push the bar higher, if you are near the bottom, it should cost less to catch the bar. This is done on the Quantum server all the time with Tech levels and UP upgrades. Its simple works, and the only people who are gonna complain are those who are to scared to lose the lead they have built based mostly on the time advantage they have over other players.

Catching up is relative, a smaller player can close on the levels of an older player at a quicker rate due to the cost of everything. You think it's now fair to make all levels cheaper? it takes a long time to farm the DMU for a decent acscended account, much as it takes a long time to farm the naq for a decent MS in main - there should be no shortcut

~Tziki~ wrote:6) The Size cap - (too distant to engage)... remove it. it makes the server impossible for newly ascended players to start out and stand a chance. Ive actually recently watched a friend ascend for the very first time to prior, log on ascended server knew how to play it, but couldnt do anything but sell his turns and try to use that miserable 1b DMU to increase his fleets / charisma. even now he has 140k planets a day and cant hit anyojne to increase that. will take him a month / 2 months before he can even start playing properly and attempt to grow and improve like others.

While in part I agree, I believe you shot this suggestion in the foot yourself with suggestion 4. If it's now desirable to have a def, then these new smaller players are never going to be able to farm those much larger then themselves anyway

Which an addition to turn production I believe there should also be an increase in turns, say to 3k, if more people have defences, that's mosr turns that have to be used during war to even get the chance to descend.

making power ups easier to build while further from the highest powerup of that type probably soundined to appealing to me, however with all my other points this would all be forced to be a LOT easier anyway, for new and old players.

new players could ask very nicely for help from bigger players if the size cap was removed, they could easily farm 1-2q from them to boost their charisma and fleets at the start so it doesnt take months to be able to farm. With new planets being forced to be trained as mining planets or untrained planets creating DMU aswell, it provides more to farm from inactive account. so instead of 100-200 available active farms (of which 120 would be low ranked and without mining planets anyway) it then creates 5000 farms ripe for the picking. allowing a lot more activity on the ascention server even if it takes the smaller accounts a fair amount of time to generate a farm worthy amount of DMU.
--------
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

*sigh

Yet another 'What shall we do with Ascended' topic... I'm afraid creating and recreating the same topic over and over will not do much for us unless some of the Big Guys/Gals raise their word on an admin meet.

But, nevermind, just go on...

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
renegadze
Forum Elite

Colos wrote:*sigh

Yet another 'What shall we do with Ascended' topic... I'm afraid creating and recreating the same topic over and over will not do much for us unless some of the Big Guys/Gals raise their word on an admin meet.

But, nevermind, just go on...

Colos

It's already been raised ;-) it doesn't hurt to have a collection of thoughts and suggestions to point Jason to at the next meet though :)
Spoiler
ImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”