Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: Ascened Server Fix.

Remove the rank modifier...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

[BoT] Jason wrote:Remove the rank modifier...

Reasons?
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

stuff of legends wrote:

Reasons?
It promotes sniping as I can stay low rank and get a bigger strike
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

stuff of legends
Forum Expert

[BoT] Jason wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

Reasons?

True, but then again isnt sniping a users choice of how to play the game.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

stuff of legends wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

Reasons?

Yes but that in turn also promotes people having nothing built which is boring
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

stuff of legends
Forum Expert

[BoT] Jason wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

Reasons?

Yes but that in turn also promotes people having nothing built which is boring

:smt117 that is the definition of sniping, you're saying the same thing.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Colos wrote:*sigh

Yet another 'What shall we do with Ascended' topic... I'm afraid creating and recreating the same topic over and over will not do much for us unless some of the Big Guys/Gals raise their word on an admin meet.

But, nevermind, just go on...

Colos

Ive been poking at admin for 3 weeks now, and will continue to harass him :)

Also I want to point out your argument about catching up is a very poor one, I know someone who took over highest ToC on server recently and they were behind for 5-6months+ so yes its not an easy task, but long as you are active, that is actually logging in and playing, then you can catch up. I have no issues farming, I can make an easy 15-20quad a day provided I got the turns.
dalek masterplan
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

The only real thing I would ask for is that you can convert the APs you get for ascending for far more points to use for power ups. Even if, on main, you ascend with millions of points you get next to nothing on the ascended server while you have lost a lot on the main server.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

these things may have been raised, again and again, and raising them once again only proves how strongly WE the players feel about them.

If admin wants to keep the game alive, and keep earning $$$ from donators, then he has no choice but to listen eventually and do something about it.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Comador
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE

renegadze wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:1)

~Tziki~ wrote:5) Power-Ups. We all know it costs a HUGE amount to upgrade your power-ups. fair game, if your willing to put the effort in you should be rewarded. But with current methods of farming and available DMU players will take MONTHS to get anywere near equal powerup levels as older players, basically because of turn generation, no miners creating DMU to farm from people... make the cost of upgrades scale. If you are near the top end it should cost more to push the bar higher, if you are near the bottom, it should cost less to catch the bar. This is done on the Quantum server all the time with Tech levels and UP upgrades. Its simple works, and the only people who are gonna complain are those who are to scared to lose the lead they have built based mostly on the time advantage they have over other players.

Catching up is relative, a smaller player can close on the levels of an older player at a quicker rate due to the cost of everything. You think it's now fair to make all levels cheaper? it takes a long time to farm the DMU for a decent acscended account, much as it takes a long time to farm the naq for a decent MS in main - there should be no shortcut

Right ON !!
I AM

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Why waste time trying to fix something that cannot be fixed though,

I remember when admin "fixed" the server before to allow newer players to catch up, in reality what happened was someone who ascended for the first time, had enough DMU after conversion to catch up and pass some people who had been playing for 2 years.

The server's original idea and plan was good and noble, but admin has to face facts, the main server pulled away from ascended and is continuing to do so at an alarming rate,

Its also nearly getting to the point where being on vac mode in ascended and playing on main will no longer hurt your main account.

Admin should have made ascended a completely separate server, no linked, almost to replace the original Chaos server, bigger numbers, bigger naq ( dmu ) etc etc, i don't mind playing ascended but it would be awesome if it didn't exist,
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
renegadze
Forum Elite

GeneralChaos wrote:Why waste time trying to fix something that cannot be fixed though,

I remember when admin "fixed" the server before to allow newer players to catch up, in reality what happened was someone who ascended for the first time, had enough DMU after conversion to catch up and pass some people who had been playing for 2 years.

The server's original idea and plan was good and noble, but admin has to face facts, the main server pulled away from ascended and is continuing to do so at an alarming rate,

Its also nearly getting to the point where being on vac mode in ascended and playing on main will no longer hurt your main account.

Admin should have made ascended a completely separate server, no linked, almost to replace the original Chaos server, bigger numbers, bigger naq ( dmu ) etc etc, i don't mind playing ascended but it would be awesome if it didn't exist,

and that's your point of view, but there are many of us that love ascended, and the fact it is linked to main. Playing ascended is not compulsory...you just take the risk of being descended. But if you can live with that, then no need to log in ;-)
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Agreed.

Im not a huge fan of ascended, but i feel in the sense this whoel game was created around the stargate films / series, i find it a necessary part of the game.

You dont have to play ascended, hell a lot of people dont. but those that take main seriously really should take ascended seriously too, both for role play purposes and for success on main.

the servers were created to work together, and so they should.

however, ascended has been neglected and is comepletely unbalanced in comparison to the mechanics etc of main.

This needs to be fixed before Main can go anywere else in terms of new players staying around and playing seriously.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

To me, one of the things that has always bugged me on ascension, choose a set of stats and go with it, not 2 sets.
The stats and upgrades for physical stats should be bonuses on the main account where the physical war takes place.
If the ascended are going to build and conquer planets then those planets should be controlled by the main account.
Ascended should be all about energy based stats and upgrades, nothing to do with the physical itself.
No fleets, no weapons, no cs.

You want to work on strike, defense, etc. stats then you can make it more about empowering priors to fight against other ascended with you and to add bonuses to the warriors that follow you on main.

Have a lot more of thoughts but don't have the time to go into it.

Yes, I realize I am basically talking about a new game, lol.

Return to “Suggestions”