Jason's so called Dragons ..

Suggest any improvements
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Re: Jason's so called Dragons ..

Ra wrote:
Nostra wrote:
Ra wrote:lol whats the point of ascension if they're split? People who can't handle getting desended should get farmin..

Your a fool if you think a descension on my behalf has anything to do with this ....

Nah, you're wrong its.. just a sweeping generalization regarding new updates coming whenever someone gets whacked and can't handle it.

Is it aimed at me thinking I cant handle it loosing some planet ???

=D>

Such a dumb assumption ^_^
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sheriff SS Says: Lets stay on topic people.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

renegadze wrote:
Nostra wrote:
renegadze wrote:You need to farm? and need to spend stuff? erm well yeah, what sort of game did you think you were playing? there are options for people that don't like ascended....you lose your bonus in main - this is exactly how it should work

Sorry to pop your bubble, when I started playing years ago, it wasnt stated I was obligated to play ascended.

Hey when I started years ago, there was no raiding on main....let me start a thread to get that removed #-o

There were no MS's - let remove those then
No Planets (actually a lot of people would be pleased to see those go)

Things evolve, and if they had not, then there would probably be no one here to even have this convo.

That is correct, things to evolve, and the game has evolved way past the need for the ascended server, and thats just a true fact, i would say there are probably less than 50 hard core players in ascended, when i go on a 4 day PPT in main, its because i have other things to do, but the current setup means i am FORCED to log into the ascended server at least twice a day just to make sure that i am not descended.

This was brought up before, admin is screwed both ways here, he cannot lower the time to descend someone because it completely restricts all those with,

Job
School
Kids
A LIFE in General

And by extending the time taken, he makes it to hard, so he cannot win, 1 update will suit a bunch of players who can play all the time, or who have jobs that allow them to log in any time of day, others like myself have jobs where they have no net access up to 10 hours a day etc etc.

If admin split the servers, i would still play ascended, but i would then have no issues with walking away for a day wondering am i going to be punished because i CANNOT log in to compete with those who can log in all day.

Its reasons like that that i think slowly push people away from main aswell.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Tekki
Forum Addict

This appears to have gone off the original thing a bit. But there was a proposal somewhere to make descending someone take 12 hours. That's a reasonable amount of time for most and stats could always make that better.

The two servers are linked, just that historically the link hasn't always been that important.

I agree that if you are really inactive - you should be descendable - but if you are somewhat active then as painful as it is to peoples you should be somewhat safe. People can say play the server all they want but the server started out flawed, went through a lot of flawed updates and changes and is still somewhat flawed (Main has it's flaws too but here is not the place to discuss them). The fact that the server started out incomplete and that ascending was mostly done to get the bonus in main is an issue. The original purpose of ascending - aka bonus is main and build up ascended being - has been lost lately because you need so many ascensions and because the APP does not help build your ascended being as much as it should these days.

So in part the problem with the server is the changing reality of what it means to play it but the history of the flaws is not something that can be forgotten.

I still do not think that the physical planets need to be linked to descending someone, and I don't think changes should be brought in as a knee jerk reaction as they have somewhat in the past.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Good to see various people suddenly changed their minds on the nature of updates vs. individualism. Congrats.

Dumb idea, but good discussion. ;) Well started, Nostra. :P
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Juliette wrote:Good to see various people suddenly changed their minds on the nature of updates vs. individualism. Congrats.

Dumb idea, but good discussion. ;) Well started, Nostra. :P

Just aiding the controversy toots ;)

There is quite the .. how you call it, taboo, around certain aspects of the game, which are silently being ignored and fear of several huge powers generally opposing the ideas and fear retribution in game as well.

I couldnt care less about it realy if the larger powers are affected by it, I have always sticked my neck out for the smaller and underdogs, inside and outside DDE.
But the fact it affected my game play now too ... well ... that just tinkered me off :)
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Tekki wrote: People can say play the server all they want but the server started out flawed, went through a lot of flawed updates and changes and is still somewhat flawed (Main has it's flaws too but here is not the place to discuss them).

Regardless of whether it was 'ready' to be released or not, BOTH servers will ALWAYS be flawed, whether it be from 1 POV or to everyones, every update will always benefit one person and disadvantage another.

The ascended server has been alive for long enough for people to stop complaining that 'it was apart of the original idea', sure you didnt have to worry about logging in because hardly anyone cared, but after so long one would think that there would be a voice in your head that says admin will update it soon. Happen to me, its why i started caring about it.

But anyway, hardly the topic to talk about it, mod wanna split?
Getting back on track, linking the personal being to physical planets like that, is a bad idea to begin with.

Return to “Suggestions”