Suggest any improvements
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: Jason's so called Dragons ..

Jedi~Tank wrote:What happened when desala engaged anubis? HEY there's the answer to all of this now, neither could engage in any other ascnded activity even tho desala was clearly the more powerful.
is that a rhetorical question or do you really need an answer? the circumstance is different because of the history, but continue to clutch at straws :smt047
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Iƒrit wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:What happened when desala engaged anubis? HEY there's the answer to all of this now, neither could engage in any other ascnded activity even tho desala was clearly the more powerful.
is that a rhetorical question or do you really need an answer? the circumstance is different because of the history, but continue to clutch at straws :smt047

Well we arent going to pay admin for updates, so clutching and straws is all we do..and I blew your point away because you came back with a childish insult instead of a counter argument. Thanks.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:

Well we arent going to pay admin for updates, so clutching and straws is all we do..and I blew your point away because you came back with a childish insult instead of a counter argument. Thanks.

you didnt have a point cause you still don't know the circumstances behind Anubis and Desala... They differ from the normality of it all, Though it would be pretty sweet If I could banish another ascended account into eternal battle...
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Well, if your going off topic with rubbish comparrisions, ifrit, how would you feel if Daniel would ask the playwriter to change the script in his benefit :)
tripleheadcase
Forum Newbie
Alliance: The True Forgotten

i dont mean to but in but didnt Desala and anubas get locked into and eternity battle by the council of the ancients because they brole the rules???
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Nostra wrote:Well, if your going off topic with rubbish comparrisions, ifrit, how would you feel if Daniel would ask the playwriter to change the script in his benefit :)

nothing was changed, it has been an element of ascended for as long as I remember.

tripleheadcase wrote:

i dont mean to but in but didnt Desala and anubas get locked into and eternity battle by the council of the ancients because they brole the rules???
close, very close. More or less Oma was forbidden from deascending Anubis as punishment for helping him ascend in the first place and instead she engaged him in eternal battle. No one is forbidden from attempting to de-ascend another, just those with not enough power/skill are instead de-ascended from the results of battle.
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Iƒrit wrote:
Nostra wrote:Well, if your going off topic with rubbish comparrisions, ifrit, how would you feel if Daniel would ask the playwriter to change the script in his benefit :)

nothing was changed, it has been an element of ascended for as long as I remember.

So your saying it hasnt been changed :-k thats a lie, and a poor attempt at deception.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

The update was well overdue (some parts), however i don't think users should be within a certain toc to engage another, BUT there should be some heavy consequences for attempting to take on someone larger, seems obvious, happens everywhere else in sgw.
On the other side of things, i thought a sniper set up was just another playing style :smt018.
+1 to max.
Its easier to defend than to attack an ascended being in ascended as well. You can ruin 12 hours of work with 12 seconds.
noone
Forum Elite

stuff of legends wrote:The update was well overdue (some parts), however i don't think users should be within a certain toc to engage another, BUT there should be some heavy consequences for attempting to take on someone larger, seems obvious, happens everywhere else in sgw.
On the other side of things, i thought a sniper set up was just another playing style :smt018.
+1 to max.
Its easier to defend than to attack an ascended being in ascended as well. You can ruin 12 hours of work with 12 seconds.

Yes, sniping is a tactic, and there are lots of counter measures in main to prevent it.
At the moment, there are none in ascended.

I think the suggestion of needing to have planets trained for those three hours of battle is a good one, they can be destroyed. Thats a nice risk.

When you do a lot of ascended attacks, you have a lot of risk of getting planets destroyed ...
Getting too many planets destroyed, might actually work in favor of that 10 times size rule :D
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Nostra wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:

So your saying it hasnt been changed :-k thats a lie, and a poor attempt at deception.

its not entirely a lie, it has always been possible to de-ascend yourself if you engage the wrong person (as long as I can remember). The mechanic evolved to useless, for the most part, and was altered to work with the original vision jason had. Their is no distinct difference, between what was and what is, the identity of the mechanic was preserved and simply altered to work with the evolutionary state. So yes I suppose it was changed in some systematical sense. But not like how you are making it out to be.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Nostra wrote:Yes, sniping is a tactic, and there are lots of counter measures in main to prevent it.

Enlighten me about the main server ones.

Nostra wrote:I think the suggestion of needing to have planets trained for those three hours of battle is a good one, they can be destroyed. Thats a nice risk.

So effectively you are giving the middle finger to noobs? Unless you expect to give noobs an extra few hundred mill boost in CER.
noone
Forum Elite

Iƒrit wrote:
Nostra wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:

its not entirely a lie, it has always been possible to de-ascend yourself if you engage the wrong person (as long as I can remember). The mechanic evolved to useless, for the most part, and was altered to work with the original vision jason had. Their is no distinct difference, between what was and what is, the identity of the mechanic was preserved and simply altered to work with the evolutionary state. So yes I suppose it was changed in some systematical sense. But not like how you are making it out to be.

First off, so, you partially lied and intentionally tried to make it look less worse then it is ????

Secondly, No 'distinct' difference ??? Stop trying to bloom it everywhere ... there is a lot of difference.

How would you suggest to prevent the sniping from the so called dragons then :)

stuff of legends wrote:
Nostra wrote:Yes, sniping is a tactic, and there are lots of counter measures in main to prevent it.

Enlighten me about the main server ones.

Nostra wrote:I think the suggestion of needing to have planets trained for those three hours of battle is a good one, they can be destroyed. Thats a nice risk.

So effectively you are giving the middle finger to noobs? Unless you expect to give noobs an extra few hundred mill boost in CER.

Point 1: Selling of weapons .... (useless in Ascended though)

Point 2: What hell are you saying there ????? I state the one doing the ascended attack needs to have planets trained during the three hours of ascended battle. Thats more like flipping the finger to some of them dragons ^_^
noone
Forum Elite

Iƒrit wrote:I am reciting my knowledge of ascended, seeing as it has been my favorite aspect of SGW, and I have a lot of knowledge on it.

If your knowledge is so extensive, then wouldnt you agree the update just made it easier on the ones already strong ? and that the size difference is trivial ? And that the so called dragons can play the sniping game without any riscs ?
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Nostra wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:I am reciting my knowledge of ascended, seeing as it has been my favorite aspect of SGW, and I have a lot of knowledge on it.

If your knowledge is so extensive, then wouldnt you agree the update just made it easier on the ones already strong ? and that the size difference is trivial ? And that the so called dragons can play the sniping game without any riscs ?

no I wouldn't my ToC isn't anything that good... but I can hit someone with 5b ToC and be fine, and my ascended isn't amazing. It didn't change anything significant it simply reworked the mechanic that always existed, which is you risk being de-ascended if you initiate an ascended battle on a account to strong.

Sniping game is what it is, nothing can really be done on that part, but it won't exist as much now cause you don't get the same benefits you once got when you did snipe which was more ATs, if you were at 4k rank or lower you got 15 ATs/turn, rank 3k-4k and you would get 11 ATs/turn, now you get 10 ATs/turn no matter what your rank is. Anyone can play the snipe game without any or low risks.

Size differences? in what ToC? that can always change if you apply the effort needed to change that, thing is its MUCH easier to catch up/close the gaps in ascended because things are limited and it requires actual effort to obtain a good account, unless you purchase an account that comes with a good ascended. There is no trading between players (for the most part), there is no money market, and ATs are heavily limited making them gold.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Nostra wrote:Point 1: Selling of weapons .... (useless in Ascended though)

I dont recall snipers building 10 trill strikes, cutting the cost of attack weapons would hardly do them damage.

Nostra wrote:Point 2: What hell are you saying there ????? I state the one doing the ascended attack needs to have planets trained during the three hours of ascended battle. Thats more like flipping the finger to some of them dragons ^_^

lol no. It would screw over new people more, training planets to try and descend someone, they would take longer to recover than some of the older players in there if they were to be DM'ed etc.

You are trying to make it harder for people who descend, more than it is now. Not all descenders sit statless, and not all statless accounts are descenders. If you were to implement something that wasn't a gaping one sided argument then I would be more inclined to help fix the general issue of being able to grow at a fast rate, and just as easily fight without loosing large amounts of resources, on the ascended server.

Return to “Suggestions”