[Ascended] Hunting Assassins

Suggest any improvements
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

[Ascended] Hunting Assassins

Earlier this morning I was doing some massing on Ascended by hunting down some Spies, and I noticed something. The amount killed to the amount of turns wasted in comparison to turns wasted on other objectives (DMing, DI, Attacking, etc) is not even close to adequate for the turns being used.

I hunted down 400M Assassins to 188M and it took me over 750 turns, where as, DMing give or take 10M Defense Units would only take 9 turns and kill the same amount of units as the 400M but taking a ridiculous amount of turns less, not even including the fact that you are DMing 10M units..

My suggestion would be to make it so you kill more Assassins for the amount of turns used.

I do not play Ascended very often, so I may be mistaken about how this works but even so. The amount killed in comparison to turns used needs to be adjusted at the very minimum seeing as we are on the topic of 'updating' Ascended.

:-k
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: [Ascended] Hunting Assassins

you're correct it does not kill as much as a DM, but you lose a lot more units Dm'ing then HA (unless the enemy has 0 assassin lol)

so it's quick and costly in units
or slow and costly in turns

seems like an even balance
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

renegadze wrote:you're correct it does not kill as much as a DM, but you lose a lot more units Dm'ing then HA (unless the enemy has 0 assassin lol)

so it's quick and costly in units
or slow and costly in turns

seems like an even balance

This wouldn't be a problem except that usually when you are attempting to Hunt Assassins, they roll with a high defense which you are attempting to destroy.

This makes Hunting Assassins worthless, seeing as you wold be better off massing the darn defense.

That's why I was suggesting it. :o
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Carrier-pigeoned.
Image ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Its an interesting one :P there would be alot of tweaks i would make, more so making 'destruction' effective.
I think hunting assassins is fairly decent as it is now (perhaps let it kill a bit more of a %, just a lil), but DM'ing should take more turns.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I think we may just be too used to the ridiculously over powered DMing :-k
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Duderanch wrote:I think we may just be too used to the ridiculously over powered DMing :-k

See, now this may be true. I believe it is ridiculously powered but with the amount of units people have trained it could also be considered evenly powered.

I think that the hunting of Assassins needs an increase, or that DM needs a decrease to make the cost of turns used adequate to the rate at which we acquire them on Ascended.

Otherwise, wasting 750-1,250 turns for 400M Assassins..not worth it. It just makes the feature inadequate, forcing people to just spam DMs instead to save turns. #-o
renegadze
Forum Elite

I think everything just comes back to the underlying issue, lack of turns, sure generation is healthier now, but i'd like to see the cap raised to maybe 4k

With an increase in turns you could power down DM a bit and power up HA a bit

as Sol said make destruction viable

and either increase sabbing power by a LOT, or remove it :P - because that is a complete waste of turns
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

renegadze wrote:and either increase sabbing power by a LOT, or remove it :P - because that is a complete waste of turns

Reversie, make weapons more expensive.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

renegadze wrote:I think everything just comes back to the underlying issue, lack of turns, sure generation is healthier now, but i'd like to see the cap raised to maybe 4k

With an increase in turns you could power down DM a bit and power up HA a bit

as Sol said make destruction viable

and either increase sabbing power by a LOT, or remove it :P - because that is a complete waste of turns

With the cap raised to 4k, and the installation of ME stats...oh my :sge I would start jammin ascended just for the KILLZZZZZZZ.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Suggestions”