Ascended suggestions on a basic level.

Suggest any improvements
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

Ascended suggestions on a basic level.

I recently started playing ascended again and while playing I came up with a few Ideas to Improve the ascended experience, not the big game shaking ideas but the small ones that will make a big difference:

1. The Look
The overall look of the ascended server is sloppy, when I first Ascended and seen the server it made me not what to play it, It needs a new banner, new layout and a background image that doesnt repeat so obviously, It may seem like a small thing but it will go a long way....

2. Quick Action Buttons.
If Main has them why cant Ascended? Farming for DMU takes way too long because you have to click on each person then click attack then enter turns to use, and when you have a lot of tabs open that seems like a lot of work.

3. Trade
It needs a way to trade from player to player.
Not all people in main are farmers, some are traders trading turns for naq or uu, that puts then at a disadvantage in ascended, And likewise with the farmers not being able to get turns to fund them.

4. Turns Held
2000? Seriously? That gets used up in less then a hour, especially with direct attacks costing 99at at least bring it up to match main's Max Held and Max Generated.
It would result in a much more active server.

5. Alliance
This one isnt as important but You shuld be able to join your alliance in Ascended, a lot of OE and DDE accounts clearly show their allegiance anyway why not just make it official?

6. Stat Differential
Just get rid of it, No one builds any stats, and no one masses them stats because its not worth it, I agree that in theory its a good idea to help new players catch up but in practice it doesnt work, the big accounts just sit low and dont lose out on dmu because of it, if you want to help the noobies give them extra turn generation below a certain sphere of influence.

7. Orientation
The game should be made as close to main's play style as possible, it takes too long to figure out what to do and how to do it, make it similar to main and people will know, even if that just means changing some of the names on the tabs.

8. A Market
Yes we have cosmic trade, but it would also be nice to have somewhere to trade DMU for turns or PPT (or whatever ascended ppt is) to a max amount of trades per week (like main's MT)

9. Game Guide
Still just a hollow link, it should be filled in, its too late for me now but maybe it could save some other players from making mistakes.

Anyway just my thoughts, probably wrong :smt050

~Thel~
~~~~
HVE
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: Ascended suggestions on a basic level.

Thel wrote:
I recently started playing ascended again and while playing I came up with a few Ideas to Improve the ascended experience, not the big game shaking ideas but the small ones that will make a big difference:

1. The Look
The overall look of the ascended server is sloppy, when I first Ascended and seen the server it made me not what to play it, It needs a new banner, new layout and a background image that doesnt repeat so obviously, It may seem like a small thing but it will go a long way....
I certainly would like to see a new look.

2. Quick Action Buttons.
If Main has them why cant Ascended? Farming for DMU takes way too long because you have to click on each person then click attack then enter turns to use, and when you have a lot of tabs open that seems like a lot of work.
been suggested several times, would be nice.

3. Trade
Not all people in main are farmers, some are traders trading turns for naq or uu, that puts then at a disadvantage in ascended, And likewise with the farmers not being able to get turns to fund them.

This is the one thing that makes ascended good imo, it requires you to log in and play. The limitations is what makes it what it is. NO, a big fat NO on my part.

4. Turns Held
2000? Seriously? That gets used up in less then a hour, especially with direct attacks costing 99at at least bring it up to match main's Max Held and Max Generated.

wouldn't be to bad to have a small increase to 3k or something, but still not that important. Just make your hits picky.

5. Alliance
This one isnt as important but You shuld be able to join your alliance in Ascended, a lot of OE and DDE accounts clearly show their allegiance anyway why not just make it official?
I rather like their is no alliance, means people have to fight on their own for the most part. Using tags helps, to identify.

6. Stat Differential
Just get rid of it, No one builds any stats, and no one masses them stats because its not worth it, I agree that in theory its a good idea to help new players catch up but in practice it doesnt work, the big accounts just sit low and dont lose out on dmu because of it, if you want to help the noobies give them extra turn generation below a certain sphere of influence.
The low stats were for a reason, not so much the rank mod, but more for the turns generated, now that it has changed, I think we will find more players building stats, and dropping rank before turn change, then farming.

7. Orientation
The game should be made as close to main's play style as possible, it takes too long to figure out what to do and how to do it, make it similar to main and people will know, even if that just means changing some of the names on the tabs.
disagree, you want a clone of main (for the most part), go play quantum.

8. A Market
Yes we have cosmic trade, but it would also be nice to have somewhere to trade DMU for turns or PPT (or whatever ascended ppt is) to a max amount of trades per week (like main's MT)
no again, limitations are what make ascended fun and good. Having to build on your own with no sort of protection is what makes it interesting. If you need a break take vacation. If you want something do the work.

9. Game Guide
Still just a hollow link, it should be filled in, its too late for me now but maybe it could save some other players from making mistakes.
yea it is very much needed.

~Thel~
~~~~
HVE
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:
5. Alliance
I rather like their is no alliance, means people have to fight on their own for the most part. Using tags helps, to identify.
I disagree with ifrit, not only does pretty much everyone have access to or know someone that has access to an ascended list, but you never fight alone even if tagless on ascended as chances are either your main will be involved or your identity will be known anyway through god questing. I think this is a good idea, to just either link the tags or allow the creation of alliances on ascended to offer tags as a courtesy to people with the current state of game politics.

Yes but then you got log watchers, and you will have little chance fighting someone by yourself. At least you can hit when you want to hit and if others want to involve themselves then its fine, but having people watch over their mates in a server which is primarily a 1 vs 1 would ruin it a bit.
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:

1. The Look
I agree, a revamp would be nice.
100% Needed I am 99% sure that its 1 of the 1st banners used in main around 2005-2006,It needs its own one.

2. Quick Action Buttons.
indeed, would be nice...
NO people are lazy the fact that a person has to click each player and click attack allows ascended to grow and farms to accumulate if this where implemented ascended would have 0 resources.

3. Trade

This is the one thing that makes ascended good imo, it requires you to log in and play. The limitations is what makes it what it is. NO, a big fat NO on my part.
I agree with ifrit, I think a creating
market would be bad.

i also Agree with Ifrit.

4. Turns Held

wouldn't be to bad to have a small increase to 3k or something, but still not that important. Just make your hits picky.
I like it capped low, slows everything down a bit
i would suggest making the cap 5k once that is reached it starts losing turns and decreasing like 5 per turn forcing people to log on and use there turns.(2k min decreased to and 5k Max)

5. Alliance
I disagree with ifrit, not only does pretty much everyone have access to or know someone that has access to an ascended list, but you never fight alone even if tagless on ascended as chances are either your main will be involved or your identity will be known anyway through god questing. I think this is a good idea, to just either link the tags or allow the creation of alliances on ascended to offer tags as a courtesy to people with the current state of game politics.
(Yes but don't add attack loggs or anything like that.)
the other half of me is Agreeing with SS and Yes people should have to fight on there own up there and not hide behind alliance/Tags.

6. Stat Differential
The low stats were for a reason, not so much the rank mod, but more for the turns generated, now that it has changed, I think we will find more players building stats, and dropping rank before turn change, then farming.
Not bothered personally either way

Totally Rubbish lol Should of been removed ages ago (make it so anyone below 100m Planet size can't be attacked or hit by players above 100m) (basically splitting the big from the Small new players.)

7. Orientation
I agree with ifrit, if it was going to be tailored towards another game I would sooner see battlecorp elements added, if I have to play two servers I'd like them to be different.
can't agree more

8. A Market
no again, limitations are what make ascended fun and good. Having to build on your own with no sort of protection is what makes it interesting. If you need a break take vacation. If you want something do the work.
See my comment on trading
Agreed with SS

9. Game Guide
Definitely needed, I was using one my original CO gave me when I ascended to prior and since I never copied it and PMs got reset I don't even have that :P
the whole struggle about learning where everything is ,Is what makes people learn about the game :),in 2 weeks i was an expert in ascended because i stuck around and played,If they don't want to stick around and learn where everything is then they will eventually get descended which would teach them to play ascended.

~Thel~
~~~~
HVE
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:[spoiler2=]
Iƒrit wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:
5. Alliance

Yes but then you got log watchers, and you will have little chance fighting someone by yourself. At least you can hit when you want to hit and if others want to involve themselves then its fine, but having people watch over their mates in a server which is primarily a 1 vs 1 would ruin it a bit.
[/spoiler2]
Then do not have alliance logs, make the tags purely cosmetic. As I said, it should be a courtesy to players based on current politics... Newbs tend to get massed on main for a hit on ascended when they don't know any better.
It already is cosmetic, yes? I can see who is affiliated with who by looking at tags/realm name. Alliances added would cause more lag, not needed.
GOLDEN WING wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:
9. Game Guide
Definitely needed, I was using one my original CO gave me when I ascended to prior and since I never copied it and PMs got reset I don't even have that :P
the whole struggle about learning where everything is ,Is what makes people learn about the game :),in 2 weeks i was an expert in ascended because i stuck around and played,If they don't want to stick around and learn where everything is then they will eventually get descended which would teach them to play ascended.
[/spoiler2]
I am not a fan of the sink or swim mentality. The idea is to promote new people playing and I can say with great confidence a guide of basics and things one should do would be a very good first step in that direction.
The game is currently sink or swim... clearly its not working. I think a guide is needed.

Agreed, at least the basics.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Having a market or trading is a very bad idea.. quick buttons and some esthetic touch ups would be nice though.
Death is the Road to Awe

Slaanesh
Forum Grunt
Race: Dæmon
ID: 5318008
Alternate name(s): Vladamier

Iƒrit wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:
5. Alliance

[/spoiler2]
Then do not have alliance logs, make the tags purely cosmetic. As I said, it should be a courtesy to players based on current politics... Newbs tend to get massed on main for a hit on ascended when they don't know any better.
It already is cosmetic, yes? I can see who is affiliated with who by looking at tags/realm name. Alliances added would cause more lag, not needed.
GOLDEN WING wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:
9. Game Guide
[/spoiler2]
I am not a fan of the sink or swim mentality. The idea is to promote new people playing and I can say with great confidence a guide of basics and things one should do would be a very good first step in that direction.
The game is currently sink or swim... clearly its not working. I think a guide is needed.

Agreed, at least the basics.

oh my goodness, thats too much text to cypher through for the second quote at the moment for me, but pertaining to the second quote we need a guide for ascended so go here( viewtopic.php?f=30&t=183860 ) and help me make it XD
Alliances
2011-12
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

3 people replying in quotes was sooo hard to read ](*,)
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:

1. The Look

2. Quick Action Buttons.

3. Trade

4. Turns Held

5. Alliance

6. Stat Differential

7. Orientation

8. A Market

9. Game Guide

~Thel~
~~~~
HVE

+10 :-D
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:[spoiler]
Iƒrit wrote:
Thel wrote:

1. The Look

2. Quick Action Buttons.

3. Trade

4. Turns Held

5. Alliance

6. Stat Differential

7. Orientation

8. A Market

9. Game Guide

~Thel~
~~~~
HVE

+10 :-D[/spoiler]

I also agree with Ifrit :)
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

I am bumping this because I agree with most of it.

Turns are a requirement for the future of this game, especially with descension costing 99 turns.
Graphics would be great, main has had facelifts but never ascension.
Quick Buttons would be nice but only if we get more turns.
Alliances would be nice so you could remove the tags of inactive players and kicked members.
Rank Mod and such need to go, what is the point of the game if you cannot get resources?
As far as the Game Guide goes, I do not care either way, you could just as easily come here and ask someone for help.

The Trade idea is horrible as is the market idea.
This game should be less like main as much as possible or what is the point playing another game?
Dark Hero
Forum Expert
Alliance: Truly Infidel
Race: FRA + other monkeys
ID: 20558

Acronon wrote:I am bumping this because I agree with most of it.

Turns are a requirement for the future of this game, especially with descension costing 99 turns.
Graphics would be great, main has had facelifts but never ascension.
Quick Buttons would be nice but only if we get more turns.
Alliances would be nice so you could remove the tags of inactive players and kicked members.
Rank Mod and such need to go, what is the point of the game if you cannot get resources?
As far as the Game Guide goes, I do not care either way, you could just as easily come here and ask someone for help.

The Trade idea is horrible as is the market idea.
This game should be less like main as much as possible or what is the point playing another game?

Agreed with most, if game guides are too difficult to ask I myself will volunteer to make a draft that can be looked at by anyone should these suggestions be taken into consideration. My experience in the game should be a bit of an advantage when it comes to making the game guide anyways.
Spoiler
Awards:
Spoiler
Presenting Vicariously:
Spoiler
Andy says: (12:15:34 PM)
i thought singapore was in china >.>

Dark Hero says: (12:15:41 PM)
AHAHAHAHA

Andy says: (12:15:41 PM)
or is that japan

Dark Hero says: (12:15:54 PM)
no... they are all different countries :P

Andy says: (12:16:05 PM)
singapore is a country?

Dark Hero says: (12:16:12 PM)
LMAO
Daku:
Spoiler
xDaku (FS) says: (10:10:07 PM)
I need to teach you how to eat curry on a sofa

xDaku (FS) says: (10:10:29 PM)
Give you my inbred expertise
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

There are some guides out there. The one I can clearly recall the name of is ET's - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=182088.

Of course, someone should make an official one in the format of main's, but still.

IF trading would be implemented, then no market should be. It would make it as easy as main, and main often gets boring with its easiness. Everyone just gets some more attack turns, and back to farming for 5 hours. Not much fun, really.
Maybe a free PPT per week.

I agree to the fact that it's harder to farm on ascended, but attack button would still be useless if the army size still decides whether you're able to attack them or not.

Alliances - that would even further reduce the number of people you can attack. There's all those people who go like 'attack me and i mass your main' already.. Plus, sice killing is the real deal on ascended, and killing involves massing, lots of wars would go on..
~CaspianXIII~
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅTS
Race: Tauri
ID: 87619

I agree with a lot of what the original post states. However it is mostly trade that I am focused towards, we need some form of turn trade on the asc. server. Having a cap of 2,000 is ridiculous and provides no function in any way, shape or form since there is no way of having a good amount or purchasing more. To say that only having 2,000 makes you use them wisely, why does it not apply to main? To say here is 2,000, don't waste them. Why not say in main, here is 2,000, be careful who you mass, that's all you have. In asc. everything takes turns to do, and the defences are to such a high level that they're needed. When you're fighting a player, an alliance or even an empire. The amount of 50q+ defences mean you need a lot of turns otherwise the defences sit there because no one has the damn turns to take them down, plus the fact that DM/DI will cost you, and your 3 attack types, then add on to the fact it costs basically 100 turns to ascended attack some one, which you have to do a minimum of 4x (On average.) Its been said before, 2,000 turns can be all used up in an hour, easy, no issues. I just used 400 in 10minutes. We need a way to get more turns, i think trade would be the best way. However, to make it a little more complicated, leave the max you can hold at 2,000, 3,000 max. So there is a low limit you can hold, but can buy more from other players.
"When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways. "
- The Puppet Master
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

guys if trading is allowed in ascended then u cant catch-up anymore the big dogs. that is a fast server use yr turns wisely and u ll have a topdog acc in short time.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “Suggestions”