Remove rule that you can't hit 5x or 1/5x armysize

Suggest any improvements
Volt
Forum Newbie
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Volt

Remove rule that you can't hit 5x or 1/5x armysize

I'm a newly ascended account. I'm trying to grow asap but the problem is that I can't hit players 5x my army size. I'm hitting around 200-500 mil instead of 30+ quads...that's a big difference. My army size is only 600k and growing at 400k per day. Do you have any idea how long that would take to get to a billion army size just so I could farm decently? :smt017 :smt093

I suggest to Remove rule that you can't hit 5x or 1/5x armysize so that new players like me can grow and keep up. Besides, the game is called ascended gate wars, not ascended gate peace. No body should be even be safe from attacks.
renegadze
Forum Elite

Re: Remove rule that you can't hit 5x or 1/5x armysize

I think you might over estimate what some people farm for....nobody is getting 30 Quad single hits, unless they A) brought the DMU or B) happen to catch a missed PPT after someone reascended

You'd be surprised how quick it is to grow, and yes the 5x rule is actually there to help you out. Currently you can descend anyone ingame regardless of size.....but if you're small chances are you remain off the radar of people. Once you start farming the larger people you'll need to make sure your account is a lot better defended to stop a 1 hit descension.

Currently ascended gives you crap ascension points, but if I remember correctly, the points at the start are more then enough to get your UP to a few mil/day - apologies if this is wrong, has been a long time
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Why should we change the rules now?
I'm guessing this ratio isn't a recent thing.

There's some good alternatives already.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

you are correct, Stuart, it's been around for a while...

and before that, I believe there was a different safety net modifier.

would like to be able to spy on people with no rank mods, however...

(only recons and godquests, none of the malicious stuff.)

also, anyone know why we can't godquest our allies...
i.e. to make sure they still own the account?
Volt
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): Volt

renegadze wrote:I think you might over estimate what some people farm for....nobody is getting 30 Quad single hits, unless they A) brought the DMU or B) happen to catch a missed PPT after someone reascended

You'd be surprised how quick it is to grow, and yes the 5x rule is actually there to help you out. Currently you can descend anyone ingame regardless of size.....but if you're small chances are you remain off the radar of people. Once you start farming the larger people you'll need to make sure your account is a lot better defended to stop a 1 hit descension.

Currently ascended gives you crap ascension points, but if I remember correctly, the points at the start are more then enough to get your UP to a few mil/day - apologies if this is wrong, has been a long time

I'd rather take my chance getting descended. Also, I doubt everyone would try to descend me since most i only farm no def. My point is I could be growing faster.

Can't you see the problem here? It would take me months just to get to a billion army size and farm decently. I can't farm good hits if my armysize is small.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Newbies would descend you, Volt.
You're obviously lacking imagination. :smt018

Don't you have friends who can make a farming railroad?
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Volt wrote:I'm a newly ascended account. I'm trying to grow asap but the problem is that I can't hit players 5x my army size. I'm hitting around 200-500 mil instead of 30+ quads...that's a big difference. My army size is only 600k and growing at 400k per day. Do you have any idea how long that would take to get to a billion army size just so I could farm decently? :smt017 :smt093

I suggest to Remove rule that you can't hit 5x or 1/5x armysize so that new players like me can grow and keep up. Besides, the game is called ascended gate wars, not ascended gate peace. No body should be even be safe from attacks.

Remove that and players like me will crush just for the hell of it.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

removing it would cause more problems then solutions for new or small ascended accs.. you should be greatful for the protection it gives you.

yes it can be frustrating trying to grow, build your charisma and fleets and in no time the bigger accounts will be within your reach..

ps yes I do know..I've build a couple of tiny ascended accs up
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
renegadze
Forum Elite

Volt wrote:
renegadze wrote:I think you might over estimate what some people farm for....nobody is getting 30 Quad single hits, unless they A) brought the DMU or B) happen to catch a missed PPT after someone reascended

I'd rather take my chance getting descended. Also, I doubt everyone would try to descend me since most i only farm no def. My point is I could be growing faster.

Can't you see the problem here? It would take me months just to get to a billion army size and farm decently. I can't farm good hits if my armysize is small.

No truely active player has a def in ascended...the the chances of you farming someone who might hit back would be quite high
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
~Kronos~
Forum Elite
Alliance: None for now
Race: God of Time
ID: 70003

I think we should keep the rule as is

Add Me On Google Plus \:D/
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Tetrismonkey wrote:Remove the damn rule and let us have our chances. Better yet, make it so I can farm anyone I want, but you can't descend me until im within 5X your Army!
That's a good joke.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

I think Tetrismonkey and Volt have an idea here. How about, ANYONE can farm anyone, but to make desension hits, you have to be within the pre-set ratios? Thus ensuring smaller players aren't prayed upon by bullies. I get that the farming for an account with 200mil units must be a nightmare. Also, as a player already said, no one is getting 30q hits, unless its pre-set deals, 1-2q... yeah, sometimes, but no 30q's to my small knowledge lol.

If we opened up the ratios in this way, maybe more players would come over to Asc server. Anyone can farm anyone, but doesn't have to fear being descended after 1 loose hit. The amount of naq unavailable to smaller players is huge at the moment, so us larger players are getting it and creating yet a bigger divide between us. Give the little guys (and girls) a chance!
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Lol a 30Q hit would come from sniping a deal in which case its like winning the ascended lottery. Anyways why remove the limits? Its set there so you can find your feet without poking the big people. If you're struggling to grow then find a few peeps willing to make trains

The most efficient way to reach 100,000,316 CER is to build

665 Outward Charisma
and 223,366 Cosmic Exploratory Fleets.

Upgrading the Cosmic Exploratory Fleets from 0 to 223,366 will cost 2,986,031,327,410,000 DMU.
Outward Charisma from 0 to 665 will cost 247,421,303,499 Life Force.

5.46 Q to reach 100 mil. Now that's not so hard to make...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Maybe as main has increased its starting army size, ascension should take a leaf from their book. Starting ascended army, 1b labor planets. All who are not at that target already are brought up to it. The smaller players, who people fear will not be able to be descended, now come into range of the 5bil standard ascended players. The 1b new players have open farming on a considerable larger portion of the server than before. Plus, the extra labor planets on inactive beings accounts would help with people farming more. Dark matter units would be easier to farm for the lower players, the lower players wouldn't be untouchable because the medium players could get them, and visa versa. The higher players, well, stay as they are. The addition of 1b labor planets won't bring about many changes in our farms lists I'd imagine...

Unless I'm missing something big here, its win win. Small accounts could start farming Q's without to much difficulty. Something the larger accounts do every turn change...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Either rewrite all of ascended down to the mechanics, or keep your paws off of it.
The last time an 'update' was made to ascended screwed a LOT of people (literally everyone who spent a bit to a lot of resources on their ascensions). That will never happen again, or the only ones left playing Ascended will be triumphant game-ruining noobs (notice how I do not say newbies, but noobs, how 1337 of me).

Return to “Suggestions”