raiding

Suggest any improvements
emolution
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

raiding

from memory you used to be able to raid the income planets on ascended (correct me if im wrong)

i wouldnt mind seeing raiding back in ascended under some very strict control measures as a way to help lower people grow quickly.... as there is alot of inactive accounts on ascended and their untrained planets can be put to better use by people who wish to grow and havce a chance of catching those huge accounts .....

my idea is u can only raid from accounts who are at most 1/10th of your size with no limits of above your size unlike the attack option....

until you hit say 30bill.... as a soft cap... kinda like main but with no plague cap (except for the percentage over 2bill size as already implemented...

so a 10bill army size could raid a 1 bill army size and larger untill he reaches 30bill but hte 1 bill guy can raid a 50bill army if he or she had the kahunas for it.

now i would like to pint out all the number figures are up for tweaking to make it a more reasonable but this is just my idea
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: raiding

untrained planets contribute to a users income. so if they so happened to be inactive then they may be a farm for some. those billions of untrained planets on inactives do contribute to the server
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Sol wrote:untrained planets contribute to a users income. so if they so happened to be inactive then they may be a farm for some. those billions of untrained planets on inactives do contribute to the server

A fair point, SoL, but I don't think they contribute much.
If I recall, it is about the same as Main.
emolution
Fledgling Forumer

i understand that other can still farm the players and forever grow there account but the smaller 1s like those just starting to ascend or never bothered with it should be able to have a chance at atleast getting an army size to have a shot at catching
Sol
Forum Addict

They do, at 3 bill planets everyones CER starts to decrease.
Raiding won't help at all in this scenario, you will have the bigger players raiding just as much as the smaller ones. And having a one sided raid function (i.e allowing say only users under 5 bill planets to raid others) is too unfair, unless there is more of a compromise.
Not that I don't like the raiding feature, but I'm quite certain there will be too many complaints.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
Sol wrote:untrained planets contribute to a users income. so if they so happened to be inactive then they may be a farm for some. those billions of untrained planets on inactives do contribute to the server

A fair point, SoL, but I don't think they contribute much.
If I recall, it is about the same as Main.

It's not much but it's something, and it's still farmable, maybe not everyday though.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
emolution
Fledgling Forumer

hten maybe raid the 2 bill cap to say 10 bill but then multiply the rate it decreses from that point by 5 that should then not affect the players who are above it (and i am just over 10 bill... so its not to aid me) that would mean should you get massed u can recover you planets a bit quicker.... but thats for another suggestion another day...

i would just like to see another way fo being able to grow in army size rather then just those with gigantic incomes and farms to increase fleets ... because unless i can farm several quad a day mine continues to go backwards
Sol
Forum Addict

emolution wrote:hten maybe raid the 2 bill cap to say 10 bill but then multiply the rate it decreses from that point by 5 that should then not affect the players who are above it (and i am just over 10 bill... so its not to aid me) that would mean should you get massed u can recover you planets a bit quicker.... but thats for another suggestion another day...

I could probably roll with that, give or take a few numbers. That is still fairly one sided though.
emolution wrote:i would just like to see another way fo being able to grow in army size rather then just those with gigantic incomes and farms to increase fleets ... because unless i can farm several quad a day mine continues to go backwards

Anyone can get a large list of farms easily enough (and work off that to gain a large income) that option is available for every player of any size IF they choose to put a bit of effort into what they do. Raiding was a bit of a kill joy because of that, and partly because there are hundreds of billions of untrained planets around for the taking, unlike main where you will rarely leave out 80% of your army as raidable units.
Either way that appears across the games in many places, especially in main where your income is practically insignificant to the server growth, unless you are a turtle player that ppt's, keeps a large defence and has a massive income, in which case it still pales in comparison to farmers.
Don't forget the average CER will be around 500 odd mill and the average army is around 6-7 bill, (extremes of about 3 bill CER and 40 bill planets) compare that to main's average total UP of say 200k with armies being around 250 mill (extremes being around 5 mill UP to 700 mill AS). With a bit of time you can easily be in reach of anyone on ascended with an arsenal of abilities, especially DM'ing that can easily destroy an army with a few attacks.
With that in mind i would probably consider lowering the turn threshold or generation if it were to be brought back in.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Suggestions”