Suggest any improvements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: rewards for descensions

seraphim wrote:
Lithium wrote:leave it as it is , its not worth any change

+1

all you will do by rewarding ppl for decending someone is get nuts decending worthless ascended accounts just for the "numbers" .. leaving not many farms for those trying to grow etc..

1. if people descend worthless accounts then why oh why would people farm those accounts anyway?
2. regardless, people will still descend for the sake of descending, just like people taking down 50 mill spies on a small defence in main or sabbing out an insane defence with very small covert.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

There are some miserable people about I swear. You try and pioneer new ideas and people have nothing productive to contribute.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

General Riviera / Diamond Dust,
many of us appreciate SoL's efforts, and yet still disagree with something here or there...

and so far, most have been quite respectful in this particular thread. :smt060

SoL, just a friendly FYI,
I farm a lot of accounts that have been descended at least once...

for starters, it's possible to "tag a PPT" on ascended just like with main...

and their doesn't seem to be any damage to income production from descension...

unless they are actively warring, in which case having income planets killed or retrained for battle is inevitable.

As for my opinion on the idea:
I wouldn't mind some public acknowledgement of descension kills on the server...

except for the encouragement factor of giving bored players
any further move toward an ascended version of Military Experience.
Last edited by Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sol
Forum Addict

It's all good, there isn't a desperate need for a reward when you descend someone, but its a bit bland as it is.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

%stat bonus for 48 hours that gets eliminated on the next direct assault...

% based on power up differentials.

Like a ratio of 1:1 is 5%, 2:1 is 2.5 % and 1:2 is 10%

Or something like that
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

ToC or Def rewards depending on the respective account that you descend? for example if you have 4b ToC and descend someone with the highest possible ToC and Defenses... you should recieve +x levels or +x bonus levels to spend where you want. But if you have 4b toc and descend someone with personals of like 10-50 you should recieve nothing. This way it stops people descending for just **Filtered**'s and giggles and gives ascended battles a bit more reason to take place other than because it helps you in a war.

It can also increase the amount of ascended battles happening FORCING players to take notice of ascention server.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

~Tziki~ wrote:ToC or Def rewards depending on the respective account that you descend? for example if you have 4b ToC and descend someone with the highest possible ToC and Defenses... you should recieve +x levels or +x bonus levels to spend where you want. But if you have 4b toc and descend someone with personals of like 10-50 you should recieve nothing. This way it stops people descending for just **Filtered**'s and giggles and gives ascended battles a bit more reason to take place other than because it helps you in a war.

It can also increase the amount of ascended battles happening FORCING players to take notice of ascention server.

exploitable
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Lithium wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:ToC or Def rewards depending on the respective account that you descend? for example if you have 4b ToC and descend someone with the highest possible ToC and Defenses... you should recieve +x levels or +x bonus levels to spend where you want. But if you have 4b toc and descend someone with personals of like 10-50 you should recieve nothing. This way it stops people descending for just **Filtered**'s and giggles and gives ascended battles a bit more reason to take place other than because it helps you in a war.

exploitable

Much like a lot of mechanics in the game, but then it takes time to descend people, especially with higher levels and LF, meaning the time taken to exploit it would be very difficult and time consuming. + once descended your descended for 2 weeks, not to mention possible other negative outcomes that could be added in for being descended to stop people abusing this function to build themselves up.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Sol, would there be a way to see if a player had been onto either Asc and main within 7days? If so, how about going with the ranking idea? Each set of 10 descensions get you a new shiny title, like the titles on main. However, if you start descending the small 3-hit inactive accounts, inactive on both servers, it isn't counted towards you're title/total kills. Would mean people have to descend, at the very least, semi-active people. Seems like a compromise between what peoples have been saying...
Sol
Forum Addict

Hope wrote:Sol, would there be a way to see if a player had been onto either Asc and main within 7days? If so, how about going with the ranking idea? Each set of 10 descensions get you a new shiny title, like the titles on main. However, if you start descending the small 3-hit inactive accounts, inactive on both servers, it isn't counted towards you're title/total kills. Would mean people have to descend, at the very least, semi-active people. Seems like a compromise between what peoples have been saying...

I do have a 'last login time' record i think somewhere in the db, and i suppose it could be counted for levels in the vicinity of down 10% of the attackers and anything greater than.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

What about a % increase to ascension points earned for a few days? Something small so it doesn't give a huge advantage to players descending nubs/inactives :smt050
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

make it so it only counts to deascend someone equal or greater to you. Make it so deascending dead/noobie accounts actually "hurt" your repritation as a power god?

Personally I dont care for the idea, but I am not against it. As long as it makes sense, and it has meaning. (killing noobie/dead accounts should not be rewarded)
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:make it so it only counts to deascend someone equal or greater to you. Make it so deascending dead/noobie accounts actually "hurt" your repritation as a power god?

Personally I dont care for the idea, but I am not against it. As long as it makes sense, and it has meaning. (killing noobie/dead accounts should not be rewarded)

The problem with punishing the people who kill noobies is it practically kills of a whole side of game play, same story with the snipers on main.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
pc
Fledgling Forumer

rewards for descensions ...NO

It would hurt the game if anything.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

No need to have a reward for descending people...descending someone is reward enough. Maybe make the list of top ten descenders more public instead of all "anonymous". Then people can get their moment in the sun.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Suggestions”