Reduced cost for LOW Levels and fleets

Suggest any improvements
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Reduced cost for LOW Levels and fleets

I have in the last 2-3 months start a noob account just to pass the time. After doing so it came to my attention how TEDIOUS ascended is when you first start out. Everyone is bigger than you, You cant spy / hit ANYONE.

Because of which you cant increase your charisma and fleets very well. Which then kicks you right back in the ass because you cant grow to a big enough size to hit people with good naq out so that you may grow more!

What i suggest is that ALL levels, personals, Physicals, Cosmic fleets... EVERYTHING, Be reduced for everyone, depending on what the highest level of that specific stat is.

This is often done with UP on quantum, were the person who has the highest UP has a higher cost to increase that UP and pull away from those below him, than those below him who want to catch up.

This way it helps small players or new players increase their CER quick enough to be able to play the server properly within a week or 2, rather than a month or 2.

This will also help balance the range of personals around so that there isnt such a GREAT difference between accounts.

If this isnt a good optino, then perhaps just review the Size Limit put on the attack functions. So that Smaller players can farm with less restrictions and still pay the same amount of DMU to get their stats up.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Re: Reduced cost for LOW Levels and fleets

Everyone starts in the same place...

All I say to this is increase the amount of planets someone starts with and maybe a base CER.

Decrease the levels? Bad idea. In ratio to the amount of dmu available the prices are fine. You want decreased prices then you got to decrease the amount of dmu out in the open.

It takes you a month to get started? :shock:

With the new AP : LF ratio a new ascended realm can get quite the load on Life Force Cache. I believe it goes up 16 points on its own per turn. That alone is roughly 22.4 mil LF cache right there. Per turn.

Now all this is just to get the ball rolling right so whats a good goal for a first off ascended realm? 10k fleets? That's 50 bil dmu. Quite a lot for a new ascended realm. But there's enough dmu to get it in the range that they can hit. Hell I can get you a list of ID's just by going through the ranks right now.

Knowledge of how to play the ascended plane is the problem with new accounts.

Sorry for the long post and what seems like ranting. Very Tired. :smt015

Image Image Image
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

done it 3 times before, it isnt really that hard to build if you play ascended a lot..

you have 1000 more turns now to use as well, just hit for any amount when small you can afford to be more selective later :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

perhaps a minimum CER would be useful. And some base amount of planets to start you off. 500m Would be sufficient it hink with maybe a starting CER of 50m/day? From there it is very simple to start farming and increasing CER so you can hit bigger people. Its just the initial few weeks that gets people because they have to wait and wait and wait until they can see major progress. Which i feel is why so many people dont bother, its to much waiting.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

:? Everyone else, started from scratch, what makes you different?
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Kikaz wrote::? Everyone else, started from scratch, what makes you different?

This isnt a personal request. I have built and rebuilt several accounts on ascended and become quite profficient at it. But i know the reasoning behind it.

as things are there are to many ways a bigger more well established player can disuade newer players from actually playing and trying.

Plus the link to the main server makes it that much more difficult for new players to get themselves to a point where they can atleast contend. for example someone with hig cov and ms on main + other stats and large army size. AND high levels, size on ascended. what can you do to them as a new player, how can you ever hope to catch them up and one day become a contender?

There is a great gap between old players and new players, both on main and ascended. But my point is focused on ascended for this thread.

If a new player starts ascended, they have no hope in hell of getting near the ToC of any other stat of a player that has played for 5 years, unless that player goes inactive, stops playing. or just refuses to improve anything.

If maintaining the lead is made harder, and closing the gap slightly easier. ascended may not seem like such a hopeless cause to everyone.

If you look at it from a logical point of view, try this.

"when you are a god, and the most powerful god at that, everyone knows it. Everyone wants what you have. Everyone knows a lot of things about you because you are the centre of attention. Because of said attention people know your history, to which many may know or could eventually find out how you became the god you are today. This sets a paving stone, a guiding path if you will, to which others may follow. Your technology will not be kept secret forever, people will strive to find it out, to use it for themselves to gain the same amount of power or if not more."

when you consider that, it is actually easier in life to copy other people than to invent something knew. So why SHOULDN'T it be cheaper to copy the technology and abilities of others. Even in the real world, things such as techniques of martial artists, the technology of computer systems. They are all invented and then copied in some form or another. First by one person, then followed by many.

Same concept applies here.
Last edited by ~Tziki~ on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

~Tziki~ wrote:when you consider that, it is actually easier in life to copy other people than to invent something knew. So why SHOULDN'T it be cheaper to copy the technology and abilities of others. Even in the real world, things such as techniques of martial artists, the technology of computer systems. They are all invented and then copied in some form of another. First by one person, then followed by many.

In the real world, people who copies something from someone else without there permission is against the law in many countries. Which can make you pay back less or more in currency of the product you made money off of the product. While yes you can take someones invention and change it and make something better, You cant just copy something and get away with it without some kind of repercussion.

A good while back, you had said you were a lawyer or something about being in law practice. If that was true, which now I know for sure you are a low lying man. Cause you would know the law and what you have said clearly breaks at least one law and maybe quite a few more laws in certain contries in the world.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:when you consider that, it is actually easier in life to copy other people than to invent something knew. So why SHOULDN'T it be cheaper to copy the technology and abilities of others. Even in the real world, things such as techniques of martial artists, the technology of computer systems. They are all invented and then copied in some form of another. First by one person, then followed by many.

In the real world, people who copies something from someone else without there permission is against the law in many countries. Which can make you pay back less or more in currency of the product you made money off of the product. While yes you can take someones invention and change it and make something better, You cant just copy something and get away with it without some kind of repercussion.

A good while back, you had said you were a lawyer or something about being in law practice. If that was true, which now I know for sure you are a low lying man. Cause you would know the law and what you have said clearly breaks at least one law and maybe quite a few more laws in certain contries in the world.

Troll some place else.

I am talking about military examples, and military technology. Not some guy inventing a new car engine and his brother stealing the idea.

This is the place for constructive criticism of a suggestion and building of a better way to develope the game. You clearly have nothing useful to say, and so would appreciate it if you would leave the thread.
--------
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

~Tziki~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

Troll some place else.

I am talking about military examples, and military technology. Not some guy inventing a new car engine and his brother stealing the idea.

This is the place for constructive criticism of a suggestion and building of a better way to develope the game. You clearly have nothing useful to say, and so would appreciate it if you would leave the thread.

You know nothing of military expamles, It take countries years and even decades to copy something that another country has. Only way to get is fast, is to blackmail someone or place a agent that has access to certain things.

I gave you constructive criticism, if you dont like it then too bad. You opened the door by talking about the real world. I just merely went along the same lines as you did.

I am not trolling, learn the word and how and when it applies. i will not leave this thread, you have no say for where I can and can not post.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

It's nonsense to change the starting CER.
Change the starting amount of planets to 100M if the newbies are so damned lazy, but don't touch actual investments.

I'm with Seraphim. It really doesn't take much time if you do it right, haha.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

the startin amount of planets may help fix things, though 100m may be slightly to small, perhaps 500m? it allows farming of upto 2.5b i think?

thats a good level to start at and you still have to get your CER up. + within a week or 2 you are able get a good foothold on the server, but not be to big to quickly in relation to becoming a threat to longer playing players.
--------
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

~Tziki~ wrote:the startin amount of planets may help fix things, though 100m may be slightly to small, perhaps 500m? it allows farming of upto 2.5b i think?

thats a good level to start at and you still have to get your CER up. + within a week or 2 you are able get a good foothold on the server, but not be to big to quickly in relation to becoming a threat to longer playing players.
Stop being such a **Filtered**, 100 mil is already too much... If you don't like the activity required for ascended become a daimon
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

[BoT] Jason wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:the startin amount of planets may help fix things, though 100m may be slightly to small, perhaps 500m? it allows farming of upto 2.5b i think?

Stop being such a **Filtered**, 100 mil is already too much... If you don't like the activity required for ascended become a daimon

Sorry, i must have misread the part wher ei said this had anything to do with my preferences?
I am far above just starting out on ascended and have a much higher size and CER than is being discussed here.

I am trying to help improve ascended to make it more newb friendly. To which would increase activity on the server.

If you have nothing productive to say other than to make cracks at me then dont bother posting
--------

Return to “Suggestions”