Suggest any improvements
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Ascended attacks on 0 def suggestion.

The suggestion is simple:
Ascended attacks on an account with 0 defence does double damage. Ie. your TOC when you enter battle is doubled.

Reasoning:
-Encourages the "massing" element of ascended, at the moment, I believe around 95% of accounts are DM'd or DI'd instead of being massed, and DM'ing cant drop a defence to 0. Massing/Hunting assassins can.
-Adds another level to descending an account, essentially rewarding the descender for removing the defence the old fashioned way

Just wondering what people think is all :smt050

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Ascended attacks on 0 def suggestion.

it makes sense, but what about all the noobs and inactives with 0 def and such? They would get caught in the crossfire
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Inactives get descended anyways. So it wouldnt make any real difference there.

This may be generalising a little, but even newbies tend to build a small defence. Even if its less than a quad.

On a completely unrelated note, is there any chance to fix the attackers losses when the defence is 0 :smt050 I'm sure most people find losing troops, even a small amount, on a 0 defence annoying.

Oh and many thanks for the new updates sol... you've definitely gained a fanboy :smt050

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

marshall wrote:Inactives get descended anyways. So it wouldnt make any real difference there.

This may be generalising a little, but even newbies tend to build a small defence. Even if its less than a quad.

Although this is true I don't think helping them would make it any better, and destroying a quad or two of defence to gain double the descending power...is pretty insignificant.
marshall wrote:On a completely unrelated note, is there any chance to fix the attackers losses when the defence is 0 :smt050 I'm sure most people find losing troops, even a small amount, on a 0 defence annoying.

Oh and many thanks for the new updates sol... you've definitely gained a fanboy :smt050

i'll look into it, but there is the always age old notion that even untrained forces can find weapons and such even if they are just sticks, and beat to death at least one person...
and thank you, i tip my hat to you sir.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

when one has trained 250 mil super attackers to take 12 quad DMU several months ago,

being able to kill off large amounts of excess super attackers simply by arming them all is a major plus...

(And yes, one of these days
I will actually get up the courage to train 500 mil + normal attackers
in such a situation to see what happens... :D

and double yes, I did use that strike more than once.)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

To the original idea I have to say No. Your asking for a doubling or your TOC but offering no doubling to the defensive side of it. It is completely 1 sided in the side of the attacker.

Now I could accept it if there was a timer, such as 5 days with 0 def,,, but just "i mass a defense and get double TOC" is a bad idea to me. Offense is always online, defense is rarely online to counter, why keep adding bonuses to strike?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”