Main PM Notification When Asc. Is Hit.

Suggest any improvements
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Ok. So i was thinking. Recently I've descended a couple of players who i know are active. 110% active. Yet they never refilled their LF or anything when i was hitting them, either they couldn't be bothered to check Ascended and didn't relise it was happening, or they didn't care. So i got to thinking, if this was RL (Yes, with Gods, bare with me...), if this was RL, then wouldn't a God warn his/her people of the threat, of the fact that they were being attacked and such?

The update I propose is that when a direct Ascended attack is made against your Ascended account, a PM is received on your main account. An S.O.S of sorts from your God, or if that sounds to soft, a message from your God bragging about how he defended an ascended attack and is currently in battle. Call if however you like. People say decending is getting to easy, and staying ascended is getting to hard. This would level the playing field in my opinion. The big descenders will HATE this update i think, but the vast majority of players will see this as a fair beneficial update.

Descending some one goes from being simple click,click, click, click to figuring out exactly when you're target will be away and calculating your time precisely. The 4 hit descensions will still be 4 hits, but at least now there is a chance for them.

Ok, that's all, start the hating...
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Re: Main PM Notification When Asc. Is Hit.

Hope wrote:Main PM Notification When Asc. Is Hit.

Ok. So i was thinking. Recently I've descended a couple of players who i know are active. 110% active. Yet they never refilled their LF or anything when i was hitting them, either they couldn't be bothered to check Ascended and didn't relise it was happening, or they didn't care. So i got to thinking, if this was RL (Yes, with Gods, bare with me...), if this was RL, then wouldn't a God warn his/her people of the threat, of the fact that they were being attacked and such?

The update I propose is that when a direct Ascended attack is made against your Ascended account, a PM is received on your main account. An S.O.S of sorts from your God, or if that sounds to soft, a message from your God bragging about how he defended an ascended attack and is currently in battle. Call if however you like. People say decending is getting to easy, and staying ascended is getting to hard. This would level the playing field in my opinion. The big descenders will HATE this update i think, but the vast majority of players will see this as a fair beneficial update.

Descending some one goes from being simple click,click, click, click to figuring out exactly when you're target will be away and calculating your time precisely. The 4 hit descensions will still be 4 hits, but at least now there is a chance for them.

Ok, that's all, start the hating...

+1 to this idea.
Showboy
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

This could be interesting 8)
Sol
Forum Addict

Hope wrote: So i got to thinking, if this was RL (Yes, with Gods, bare with me...), if this was RL, then wouldn't a God warn his/her people of the threat, of the fact that they were being attacked and such?

A God wouldnt warn its people about it being attacked...
Although something like this has been suggested before i don't know what happened to it. This would kill all surprise attacks though, stopping the majority of people being descended unless they are totally inactive.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

lol just click once log in and check..

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Or..

Just click "To Ascended" every once in a blue moon to see whether someone is killing you.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Well I did think of another way to word it. Short time back my Commander, Pimp, got into some hot water and got into some trouble. He PM'd me to tell me what the craic was, he was being hit and i could either leave him or stick it out, at risk of being hit myself and massed. Now say your Ascended acc is the CO, protecting your smaller account (Main), wouldn't your Asc inform the Main that it was under attack and to watch its back incase it got effected. The effected part would ofcorse be loosing all your Ascended bonuses. I wouldn't stop people being descended, just make it tougher. You'd have to time it when the person was gone. Most people who get descended are 4hits anyway. The 20+ hits, it won't make a great difference for them...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Good story. However, since the ascended being (you) and the main 'army leader' (also you) are both 'you', it would be more consistent to expect you to be aware of attacks on you, regardless of instant information.

(See where I'm going?) You are the God. You direct your main armies. It stands to reason that you could protect others in such a manner as you describe Pimp doing, but that relation (between you & someone else) cannot logically be transferred to 'you & you'. ;) Want to prevent descension? Log in. Even the weakest accounts have 12 hours between logins.

Or did I miss your point?
Sol
Forum Addict

Hope wrote: I wouldn't stop people being descended, just make it tougher. You'd have to time it when the person was gone. Most people who get descended are 4hits anyway. The 20+ hits, it won't make a great difference for them...

It will stop people being descended. Min amount of time for the below average player to be descended (none of these smalllllllll accounts) is 12 hours, so half a day. If they are active in main then they would see the message during the descension attacks if they just logged in once in the morning and once at night, and could stop it in the blink of an eye. Considering most 'active' players do that, especially during war time, i have no doubt a major chunk of people will not be descended (when they could have been).

If you are really looking for an early warning system, then do something like the ascended being can only utilize the descension attack when the corresponding main account is at war with the corresponding main account of the opposition, if there is no main account then the above rule does not apply.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

how about making the button red if something is a miss :D
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Duck Dodgers wrote:how about making the button red if something is a miss :D
That is the same thing as a PM, and has the same effects as Sol illustrated.
Sol
Forum Addict

Ninja'd my post juliette, i was gonna say that :smt064
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

how about making it red when your life force is 0 :)

thats twice half an hour during a quick descension run
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

that is about the same as the others, most hits will take out all life force in the first or second hits
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:so you are saying its a bad idea, because you want to force people to be descended instead of giving them the opportunity to defend?

I don't understand how its a bad thing for more people to defend against descension.

There is a clear difference between letting people defend themselves, when they should be logging into ascended to check regardless of what is happening on main (hence being descended because you have not checked your ascended being is even more fitting), and practically stopping all active players from being descended.
I'm quite sure most users know ascended does exist, they don't need an extra kick to get them thinking.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Suggestions”