Main PM Notification When Asc. Is Hit.

Suggest any improvements
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Main PM Notification When Asc. Is Hit.

Geez. Why not send us all an SMS as soon as we are attacked more than 3 times between turn changes? And automatically bank our naquadah when we are away for 3 hours or more? And and and?

Hey! Why not a button that says: "Win!" :o Pure genius!

[spoiler]In case you missed it, that was sarcasm.[/spoiler]
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Sol wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:so you are saying its a bad idea, because you want to force people to be descended instead of giving them the opportunity to defend?

I don't understand how its a bad thing for more people to defend against descension.

There is a clear difference between letting people defend themselves, when they should be logging into ascended to check regardless of what is happening on main (hence being descended because you have not checked your ascended being is even more fitting), and practically stopping all active players from being descended.
I'm quite sure most users know ascended does exist, they don't need an extra kick to get them thinking.

So, the idea is to not increase activity through positive means, but rather punish inactivity on the basis of "you are supposed to be playing a second server"?
Granted, its not a new "punishment" as its already how it works, but more of a continued negative effect :P

Considering this is based on one suggestion, this will hardly increase the activity you and I are looking for, unless you think of activity as just to log on a few times when the message appears just to wane off attackers for awhile, eventually stopping all descension attacks on active accounts? After that hardly anyone will have reason to play ascended.That would kill the fundamental link between the two games.
Punishing inactivity will be and has been around since descension was introduced. So refusing this notion will hardly dent it.
I don't mind the idea, but it's hardly in the best interest of the game, maybe for a week or two, but it's useless after that.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:It makes descending more of an accomplishment
It increases ascended awareness and activity
It connects the main account to the ascended account even more

I think that is more than enough benefit to at least think about it =/

1. Hauling over 12 hours to take someone out (using multiple people) is an achievement in itself already.
2. See above.
3. Terrible way to connect, as Juliette decided to express more of on an...elaborated scale.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

with the thing i mentioned, during those 12hrs, assuming each hit does max damage and zeros the life force on hand, you get 3 half hour warnings during those 12 hours that something is wrong
i like those odds

and with what SS says about the linkage, it make pretty much sense
and perhaps, making the community aware of an Alarm button, will most likely spurr some more interrest too

incombination with the changes and updates already happening, the more activity you get there now the better i'd say
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Oh, why not give people 10k UU for every time they use the "to ascended" button (with a maximum of 100k a day)..

(See above.)

(I am ON topic. *glare* You lot -including Sol- are talking about guaranteeing activity on the ascended server.)
Last edited by Juliette on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Sheer idleness. Nothing more. ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Eärendil wrote:Exactly. If being descended effects your main, why should an 'ultimate' attack on ascended not notify you somehow on main?
A message "You have been descended" would be reasonable and sufficient pampering.
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:with the thing i mentioned, during those 12hrs, assuming each hit does max damage and zeros the life force on hand, you get 3 half hour warnings during those 12 hours that something is wrong
i like those odds

Refer to what i said before
that is about the same as the others, most hits will take out all life force in the first or second hits

It's exactly the same as the other 'warnings'

As for the rest of your post i have already talked about it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
pc
Fledgling Forumer

Hope wrote:Main PM Notification When Asc. Is Hit.

Ok. So i was thinking. Recently I've descended a couple of players who i know are active. 110% active. Yet they never refilled their LF or anything when i was hitting them, either they couldn't be bothered to check Ascended and didn't relise it was happening, or they didn't care. So i got to thinking, if this was RL (Yes, with Gods, bare with me...), if this was RL, then wouldn't a God warn his/her people of the threat, of the fact that they were being attacked and such?

The update I propose is that when a direct Ascended attack is made against your Ascended account, a PM is received on your main account. An S.O.S of sorts from your God, or if that sounds to soft, a message from your God bragging about how he defended an ascended attack and is currently in battle. Call if however you like. People say decending is getting to easy, and staying ascended is getting to hard. This would level the playing field in my opinion. The big descenders will HATE this update i think, but the vast majority of players will see this as a fair beneficial update.

Descending some one goes from being simple click,click, click, click to figuring out exactly when you're target will be away and calculating your time precisely. The 4 hit descensions will still be 4 hits, but at least now there is a chance for them.

Ok, that's all, start the hating...

Instead of Sol writing a million lines of code ....You could send a PM to the one your trying to descend and maybe use MSN as well. :-D
Who knows I may do it too ....but I will wait tell after the last hit. lol
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

if you want to make it impossible to descend people then yeah do it #-o
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EbilCC
Forum Addict

no its hard enough to decend people as it is

if this comes thru u should be able to decend in 2 hits then and time lowered for hit

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Eärendil wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:with the thing i mentioned, during those 12hrs, assuming each hit does max damage and zeros the life force on hand, you get 3 half hour warnings during those 12 hours that something is wrong
i like those odds

and with what SS says about the linkage, it make pretty much sense
and perhaps, making the community aware of an Alarm button, will most likely spurr some more interrest too

incombination with the changes and updates already happening, the more activity you get there now the better i'd say

Exactly. If being descended effects your main, why should an 'ultimate' attack on ascended not notify you somehow on main?

Agreed.
Bias Admin colour
EbilCC
Forum Addict

u guys really annoy me at tiimes messing with ascended i have twice constantly hit people for over a day and another over 2 days to decend them cos there LF was so big

now ur going to make it impossible to decend anyone with decent stats makes me want to quit this game for good unlike sum people I like ascended if u dont play it and u get decended cry me a river like if u dont put nox on main u get raped in 5 minutes if u have lots of stuff trained same if u have no defence large income u gona get farmed y punish those who cant be assed to login and if u say time to hell with that u no wen u ascend u are on ascended server and guess what YOU DONT HAVE TO BE YOU CAN BE A DAIMON

noobs

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:
CCexy wrote:YOU DONT HAVE TO BE YOU CAN BE A DAIMON
because being a daimon, is a viable playing option if you plan to do anything other than sit there and stare at the wall =/
If you are going to do anything other than sit there, you might as well click that nifty 'To Ascended' button every once in a while. It will not kill you to actually do something with ascended. If we have to resort to user pampering to 'get activity'.. we are screwed. :-k
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

It has been said a few times, but ill just say it again, this update would stop pretty much all descensions of any remotely active people, thus making ascended much less useful or significant and therefore less used and less active.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”