Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Banks on Ascended

As the weapons thread isnt really the place for the discussion- New thread!

Please please please do not impliment banks on ascended.

Admitedly I havnt been around ascended that much but from the little I have seen I have gleaned that ascended is no where near as fueled by cash spenders as main. It is my belief that if banks were put into ascended this would change. Storing mass amounts of DMU is possible on ascended through buying weps but obviously you loose a certain amount of the DMU put in and there is always the off chance that somebody could spend a load of effort to 0 all your stats then sab away your wepons. Its unlikely but its possible. This means storing DMU for whatever reason is not actively encouraged.
With an untouchable bank cash traders could much more easily store their DMU and sell it off. Please please please NEVER let this happen.
If you absolutely HAVE to introduce a bank for whatever reason give it massive limitations. Aiding cash trading should be avoided at all costs.

Please? I'm asking nicely.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Banks on Ascended

Yes, please do not add something like banks.
[spoiler]A loungeroom would be good, though.[/spoiler]
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

ربهالنوع wrote:Yes, please do not add something like banks.

I must ask why you DO NOT want a bank and lobby against it, yet do not lobby against using weapons and LF as a bank and that it accomplishes the same feat just at a higher cost.

Everything you are lobbying against can already be done.

FTR I am not lobbying for the bank, just asking a question of the poster and the responder agreeing.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Lore wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:Yes, please do not add something like banks.
I must ask why you DO NOT want a bank and lobby against it, yet do not lobby against using weapons and LF as a bank and that it accomplishes the same feat just at a higher cost.
To answer that; laziness and the attitude of a sheep in winter. I would agree with people who lobby against these things as well. :)
Lore wrote:Everything you are lobbying against can already be done.
I would not say "everything", but yes, you do have a point there. Regardless, there already is motion on the weapons front, so I downgrade that objective in favour of rallying against banks in general.

=D> Yes, yes, I did. :D Good points, Master Raiden.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

I am entirely against a bank in ascended as well, despite the positive effects it would have for smaller accounts, the benefit it gives to large accounts is exponential and is not good for anyone.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

I wouldnt mind seeing a bank there ...

mind you, the update costs for the demi gods get quite high ....

tier 2 level 2 to level 3 = 7,560,000,000,000,000

And with the DMU shortages out there lately :P and converting them twice gets too expensive
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

I would like to respond to this point that could be used as an argument for banks.
Duck Dodgers wrote:mind you, the update costs for the demi gods get quite high ....
Demi have been introduced for the long term. At any point in the lifetime of the game you can only get so far. For instance, if a demi is too expensive to upgrade, don't upgrade it until other things become as expensive as upgrading your demi. :)

Main has the same thing with covert levels. Sure, it would be nice if we could buy level 50. Over the years, the total volume of naquadah has increased and increased and increased, to a point where some players are able to afford level 40. Tell a player in 2007 that we will buy level 40, and he would laugh in your face, or estimate the number of years it will take to get there. ;)

To circle back to ascended; demi's are not meant to be "maxed out". The argument that the demi's costs warrant banks is circular and incorrect. Time will be the factor of upgrades. :D

Next argument in favour of banks please. I am on a roll(ing log)..
Drought
Forum Expert

How about ... I like hording DMU ?

:-D

Seriously though, I dont mind either way, but for me with the demis, especially as its new and perpetual (the power doesnt fade over time) I would like to max my demis when I want to.
I actually tried upgrading it last weekend, someone took my near 4,something when I was farming for it. And I had a defence, and I was acting quick :P

But, I would like to think too that one option does not comply with the desire for a bank ...
So why not add the whole shabang ... add trading too.

Perhaps planet trading as well ? (like mains uus for naq, ascendeds planets for dmu)

would give the bank a prupose, and a substitute for the lack of planet raiding.
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Tough luck. I would like to be able to buy me covert level 50 when I want to. Sucks that Main simply is not mature enough to fuel my desires. Might take another few years. ;)

Moving on.

There is no 'lack of raiding'. (Although, on another note, adding raiding -capped to 2B- might be an interesting thing for newbies.. different suggestion.) Anyway. There is no 'lack of raiding', because, while you might find one or two people who think there is, they forget that many players on Ascended are already at armysizes 10 times the Planet Cap.

Add trading. Why? Your argument "to give the bank some use" is absurd. You want to bring an argument to introduce banks, and you back it up with a suggestion that might give them some use? Effectively, you are saying banks have no use as it is, and there is no current reason to add them anywho.

Looks like we agree. ;)
Drought
Forum Expert

ربهالنوع wrote:Looks like we agree. ;)

We do realy :P
a very bad hairdo
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Who has demis again? Over 20k ATs i have none except for 2 crappy ones from one drastically failed hit on me ;) Which is really a good thing since what I do on ascended doesn't need some random chance for me to have more power. Which it seems sol has addressed and with good reason.

So yeah, introduce banks, and I don't care what your demi is I will mass or farm you either way because I will always have quads upon quads in my bank lol

A banking system is a terrible idea for ascended, even if I have no chance of finding a demi.

As far as trading goes.. do you really want someone who splatters 100Q defenses like they were nothing to have unlimited AT trading? This is another terrible idea
Signature Here

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Duck Dodgers wrote:I wouldnt mind seeing a bank there ...

And with the DMU shortages out there lately :P and converting them twice gets too expensive

Sorry to double post, but you should see the cost of my levels ;) Your demi is definitely far less. So you build a demi, which I will never find any, and I build levels. You spend less, you get a benefit similiar to mine, but there are prices to pay for that. Be grateful you can even find demis
Signature Here

nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

i upgraded one of mine last night and the next cost is pretty darm high...
Tier: 3
Skill level: 2
Upgrade for 11,340,000,000,000,000 Dark Matter Units.

I am not in favour of a bank but they is no way in hell i am getting that amount of DMU in my account in the open :smt090
Drought
Forum Expert

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:I wouldnt mind seeing a bank there ...

Sorry to double post, but you should see the cost of my levels ;) Your demi is definitely far less. So you build a demi, which I will never find any, and I build levels. You spend less, you get a benefit similiar to mine, but there are prices to pay for that. Be grateful you can even find demis

haha, I hope you do realise, you (and other like you in your situation) only make up for a small % of the players on ascended ?

btw, you do find demis, worthless or not, thats irrelevant :)

nightlight wrote:i upgraded one of mine last night and the next cost is pretty darm high...
Tier: 3
Skill level: 2
Upgrade for 11,340,000,000,000,000 Dark Matter Units.

I am not in favour of a bank but they is no way in hell i am getting that amount of DMU in my account in the open :smt090

amen
a very bad hairdo
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

*says no to banks too*

I don't want ascended becoming even more a main replica,
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “Suggestions”