Remove all arena awards

Suggest any improvements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Remove all arena awards

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote: A demi with no down side and such a huge bonus totally defeats the whole idea of the demi update IMO. It rubbed me wrong. Ascended is what kept me around for the last year because it was my playground, not a lot of money spending and you were as good as your talent. Now, that is not the case, and I loved the updates (bugs and all I still took it in stride) until there was one unicorn.

There is always one unicorn, there are many more on ascended though. A demi with no downside is hardly anything compared to what can be found. Even then demi's are a side event to the whole game. If you took it personally, then well there is nothing i can do about it. Was good to have you around anyway :razz:

There is one attack demi I know of in the whole game. And it has no downside. Also this demi was awarded after yet another bugged arena. Let's not mention the other prizes again awarded after a bugged situation. The prizes alone were enough to make me not want to compete. For an area that was bugged for 2 straight rounds, to offer such prizes was ludicrous. Oh wait I didn't voice my opinion on the forums for you to downplay or ridicule me. I guess I didn't follow the proper channels to voice my opinion :roll:

Ya there is also one CER demi in the whole game and one turn increase demi in the whole game, but you aren't complaining? There are singular things in ascended all over the place. As for the tourney in my view there was no reason it would be bugged so i had no doubt, and i couldn't switch out the prizes. Either way if you get cut up about an attack demi with no downside, and you can't find anything better then it's not my fault. As for the calcs, I assume you mean probabilities, if you did then there is no decent reason why you need them nor why i should share them. You already have a general feel of how hard it is to find one, if need be you should make a sample size and determine a rough probability yourself.
Anyways, we can relay PM's if you want to continue, not the best place to talk.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Re: TuK w/ amazing ascended

Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote: A demi with no down side and such a huge bonus totally defeats the whole idea of the demi update IMO. It rubbed me wrong. Ascended is what kept me around for the last year because it was my playground, not a lot of money spending and you were as good as your talent. Now, that is not the case, and I loved the updates (bugs and all I still took it in stride) until there was one unicorn.

There is always one unicorn, there are many more on ascended though. A demi with no downside is hardly anything compared to what can be found. Even then demi's are a side event to the whole game. If you took it personally, then well there is nothing i can do about it. Was good to have you around anyway :razz:

There is one attack demi I know of in the whole game. And it has no downside. Also this demi was awarded after yet another bugged arena. Let's not mention the other prizes again awarded after a bugged situation. The prizes alone were enough to make me not want to compete. For an area that was bugged for 2 straight rounds, to offer such prizes was ludicrous. Oh wait I didn't voice my opinion on the forums for you to downplay or ridicule me. I guess I didn't follow the proper channels to voice my opinion :roll:

Ya there is also one CER demi in the whole game and one turn increase demi in the whole game, but you aren't complaining? There are singular things in ascended all over the place. As for the tourney in my view there was no reason it would be bugged so i had no doubt, and i couldn't switch out the prizes. Either way if you get cut up about an attack demi with no downside, and you can't find anything better then it's not my fault. As for the calcs, I assume you mean probabilities, if you did then there is no decent reason why you need them nor why i should share them. You already have a general feel of how hard it is to find one, if need be you should make a sample size and determine a rough probability yourself.
Anyways, we can relay PM's if you want to continue, not the best place to talk.

Can a mod please clean up this garbage? I am retiring, and sorry SoL but you defending yourself does not belong in my selling thread since you clearly take offense to me selling
Please merge the banter with this thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=192457&p=2454900#p2454900

Also SoL if you want to take out every benefit from arena take my demi away, i would love it if you did.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Remove all arena awards

Sol wrote:Ya there is also one CER demi in the whole game and one turn increase demi in the whole game, but you aren't complaining?

^^ Let me start with saying I own this demi.

Now:

This is my official complaint thread. Remove all upgrades granted from tourneys. They have all been bugged from the start, nothing was fair about how they worked or what came from them. The last arena was bugged just as much as the first and apparantly you can find better demis than a 10% attack with no down side, which is what was won from the last bugged arena.

Have you found a demi as good? If you have post here!

Otherwise post in support of removing all upgrades from tourneys.
Signature Here

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Remove all arena awards

I support removal.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Only valid if the bugs obstructed game play. If they did it's worth considering maybe.

Radical suggestion.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Remove
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Threads combined.
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Having people just fight to be "Gods of the Arena" Sure I like the idea of that.

I'll vote for the removal of the prizes.

Question... if you win the title does it stay with you indefinitely?

Image Image Image
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I support the petition for the removal of prizes won in the arena.
Sol
Forum Addict

Angelis~ wrote:Having people just fight to be "Gods of the Arena" Sure I like the idea of that.

I'll vote for the removal of the prizes.

Question... if you win the title does it stay with you indefinitely?

hokie posed to remove all previous rewards NOT to remove future rewards from the arena (correct me if im wrong hokie).

Any titles would be gone as well.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

I think that any prizes gained form the arena came out of a situation that was not thoroughly tested and yes unfairly gained. Did people spend a lot of time on arenas? Yes I most certainly did, as did others in TA (our record in the arena shows that), and others from different alliances, but the fact still remains that what came from them was flawed and to me it tarnishes the game. I was willing to roll with it and accept that fact until the unicorn. This is why I suggest removing all rewards from arena, even if it means sacrificing my own, because a demi with no downside has no place.

Also, arena needs more testing. That needs to be moved to the beta server and have people test it out before it goes back live. I love the idea, but as a fellow programmer it is nowhere near ready for production, and 3 rounds of arena have shown that. My 2 cents there to answer you SoL.

Off topic and as a sidebar:
SoL you say better demis can be found, and I don't doubt you on that, but what are the chances? I have talked to many people, and not one person has ever heard of an attack demi being found. I farm defenses over 80Q when I'm really farming and not just piddling. Do you mean to tell me that as many people as I have farmed since february that I did not once hit the chance of finding an attack demi? No one knows how it is calculated but the admins, but to me evidence says it's not entirely based on what you do at all. I found a +CS -ToC demi doing DM or DI (forget which atm) and a +Def -Att demi on a failed farm hit to boot.
Signature Here

Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:Off topic and as a sidebar:
SoL you say better demis can be found, and I don't doubt you on that, but what are the chances? I have talked to many people, and not one person has ever heard of an attack demi being found. I farm defenses over 80Q when I'm really farming and not just piddling. Do you mean to tell me that as many people as I have farmed since february that I did not once hit the chance of finding an attack demi?

Most low key abilities, attack, def etc have the same probability of being found. They vary with 3 situations to stop people abusing them. When i say purely randomly it is purely randomly, a random number is generated, search through a tier array, if none is found then a demi isnt found, if a tier is found a demi is made accordingly. If the attack was to take dmu, hunt assass or destroy then an attack demi is more likely to be gained etc. I can't just give you a number (i wouldn't anyway, you can make one yourself), but there are many variables to be taken into account to decide whether or not a demi is indeed found, let alone a certain set. If every person in the whole game has not found an attack demi then i would just say bad luck. Pretty sure a few people have but just dumped them anyway.
If you don't want what you have then get rid of it, it's not a boomerang.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Whats the harm in simply winning a title after the arena is fixed?

I've found a tier 1 +att -assi but i dumped it. I only want tier 3 or higher demis. I automatically dump the others.

Image Image Image
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Isn't this alot of fuss over some spilt milk? Demis are great fun but they aren't really game changers, are they?
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

GhostyGoo wrote:Isn't this alot of fuss over some spilt milk? Demis are great fun but they aren't really game changers, are they?

thats what i said , they should have been game changing a method for you to mold your account to your liking

but regarding the arena, id still play it probably if it had no rewards but they are a nice incentive

if that isnt relative its because i didnt read all the other posts 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Suggestions”