Partial Descension?

Suggest any improvements
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Re: Partial Descension?

I read and after thinking about it am against it. I would however like TOC to be used in some other way. I made a suggestion regarding that quite some time ago.

So that would be my choice and am not a supporter of this one

But if this was to happen I would suggest perhaps the following:

1) user can still play ascended but can only use the attack button not destroy and others. Meaning people can still farm and be semi active on ascended but they lose the ability to fight effectively. And can also join tournies

2) On main only their income gets effected and ascended blessing taken away.

If at all thats how I would have done it.
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

SVaRuN wrote:I read and after thinking about it am against it. I would however like TOC to be used in some other way. I made a suggestion regarding that quite some time ago.

So that would be my choice and am not a supporter of this one

But if this was to happen I would suggest perhaps the following:

1) user can still play ascended but can only use the attack button not destroy and others. Meaning people can still farm and be semi active on ascended but they lose the ability to fight effectively. And can also join tournies

2) On main only their income gets effected and ascended blessing taken away.

If at all thats how I would have done it.
I remember your suggestion actually, reviewed it yesterday I think.
- you may have to correct me but I assume the decrease pertained to the ascended stats-
The problem here is, it would be **Filtered** easy then to decrease anyones stats. If someone just slapped someone else with their toc (while they're offline, or even not knowing), then that's just a core decrease of their stats for what, 99 turns? With practically no losses because LF isn't worth the pixels it colours to white. Yes, yours would decrease, but if one attacks with toc and the other masses then it would be slaughterhouse of the defender, if the % decrease was barred to the attacker/defender parties then it basically means the bigger toc will always come out on top with effectively a free net decrease in overall stats, i.e. trading 99 turns to gain a no loss decrease in stats in favor of the greater toc.

Interesting ideas those two anyway, I like the first, disabling everything but attack, I would go further and suggest disabling something like CER or halving turn income.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Master_Splinter wrote:I would like to see the cost to refill your LF/LFR during a descensions cost more then a 1 min farm run
Would like that too, but there isn't a surefire way of proportion thing, hard for some could be impossible or easy for others.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Mental wrote:I have been away and thought about this, How about when you make a descension hit on someone it weakens both think like the fight between Anubis and Oma Desala, Now this could last three hours weakening both for the duration of the fight or if further hits are made a lot longer or until someone is properly descended.

But there should be a cost on to both parties in my opinion, And this would have another effect of curtailing some people descending inactive farms without having a cost in main of their own 8-[
I reckon that's nearly what Svarun suggested some time ago ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

cold lazarus wrote:Or put a cap on converting your LF cache into life force reserves. Instead of 100% you can refill 25%, or the amount lost in the most recent descension hit, per TC, so if youre being descended you need to do more than log in once a day for a minute to refill.
Would actually be the most reasonable idea in dealing with the "easy LF refills".
The idea would have to be tweaked a bit though, the core solution of the inability to be on a computer 24/7 was to increase the descension min time to 12 hours, i.e. making someone refill one hit every 3 hours would partially defeat the purpose :P. I'm inclined to say something like...refill half of your LF OR LFR every 3 hours...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

SoL I was thinkin on that one being more like

Bigger ToC -> bigger chance the attack on your stats work, but no guarantee. So you still risk it using ATs in the process

The effect and % is in the end up to you. And same could be done about this half deascension. You make a new button for half deascension. So instead of having to log in often, you get a chance to half deascend someone with bigger ToC

The bigger the difference between your ToC and his the bigger the % that it can work.
% again could be anything.

Would surely also give a reason to start increasing your ToC as well
Sol
Forum Addict

SVaRuN wrote:SoL I was thinkin on that one being more like

Bigger ToC -> bigger chance the attack on your stats work, but no guarantee. So you still risk it using ATs in the process

The effect and % is in the end up to you. And same could be done about this half deascension. You make a new button for half deascension. So instead of having to log in often, you get a chance to half deascend someone with bigger ToC

The bigger the difference between your ToC and his the bigger the % that it can work.
% again could be anything.

Would surely also give a reason to start increasing your ToC as well
The problem is, bigger TOC's would easy gut someones stats at nearly next to no cost, even if it effects their stats, the bigger toc (which would of course only be the actual player that did try to descend attack the other), would have a net gain.
The other issue would be of course, TOC isn't exactly fast to improve, you can bump up your cov/assass/etc. quite easily with planets in a matter of a few seconds, but to increase TOC but a small bit takes some time.

While I can admire the idea, it just wouldn't work for what exists already, the outcome would be too skewed towards the greater TOC, I mean sure, if you have something bigger you deserve to do more damage, but it's just too much.

I'll think about possible workarounds anyway
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

Well this is the rough sketch it is more detailed

1. there is a limit to how much damage you can do no matter what is the difference in ToC

2. There would be some kind of LF like bar you would first need to get with Zero with attacks meaning attacker would waste a lot of ATs

etc

My ToC is crap but this I actually see it as fun waring. Bigger ToCs attacking smaller ones pushing towards the improvement and being able to attack others
Sol
Forum Addict

SVaRuN wrote:Well this is the rough sketch it is more detailed

1. there is a limit to how much damage you can do no matter what is the difference in ToC

2. There would be some kind of LF like bar you would first need to get with Zero with attacks meaning attacker would waste a lot of ATs

etc

My ToC is crap but this I actually see it as fun waring. Bigger ToCs attacking smaller ones pushing towards the improvement and being able to attack others
It might push a few, but that could be sometime far of, whilst in the meantime they receive more losses and can't do absolutely nothing about it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Legends End
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): Eisen Feuer, LE, tbd

I think a good addition to this would be a LF bar that adjusts based on each individuals activity.

It would take your God Offensive Capacity as a starting basis then the more hits that you perform on others via Direct assault would lower your minimum to be partially descended.

So someone that hits once every 24 hours would not see a major change to their GoC but someone that hits regularly would see their bar drop based on values below.

1hit 24 hours 5% drop to GoC
2hit 24 hours 10% drop to GoC
3hit 24 hours 15% drop to GoC
4hit 24 hours 20% drop to GoC
5hit 24 hours 25% drop to GoC
6hit 24 hours 35% drop to GoC
7hit 24 hours 55% drop to GoC
8hit 24 hours 85% drop to GoC

Of course they can be adjusted to be more appropriate or desired.

So Descensions would require people to consider the consequences of constantly Descension phasing or descending enemies if you descend too often you risk being able to be partially descended by a greater number of people.

This would force people to balance their descension attempts more effectively and opens the door to allow upsets from below for those that feel they are beyond reach.

Finally, if you add a benefit to partial descensions it should be that it has a seperate function than true descension it would stifle progress on ascended but it shouldnt pull LF from the overflow that feeds LF reserves and cache. This would make those that have big ascensions that have a year or more of bleeding APP descendable as well.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

please leave it alone.

its part of the challenge beating or being beaten by the clock.. (been decended by mere seconds in the past)

will only benefit regular online players, and not help those still growing (if that 2 week decention like thing applies)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
cold lazarus
Forum Newbie

Legends End wrote:I think a good addition to this would be a LF bar that adjusts based on each individuals activity.

It would take your God Offensive Capacity as a starting basis then the more hits that you perform on others via Direct assault would lower your minimum to be partially descended.

So someone that hits once every 24 hours would not see a major change to their GoC but someone that hits regularly would see their bar drop based on values below.

1hit 24 hours 5% drop to GoC
2hit 24 hours 10% drop to GoC
3hit 24 hours 15% drop to GoC
4hit 24 hours 20% drop to GoC
5hit 24 hours 25% drop to GoC
6hit 24 hours 35% drop to GoC
7hit 24 hours 55% drop to GoC
8hit 24 hours 85% drop to GoC

Of course they can be adjusted to be more appropriate or desired.

So Descensions would require people to consider the consequences of constantly Descension phasing or descending enemies if you descend too often you risk being able to be partially descended by a greater number of people.

This would force people to balance their descension attempts more effectively and opens the door to allow upsets from below for those that feel they are beyond reach.

Finally, if you add a benefit to partial descensions it should be that it has a seperate function than true descension it would stifle progress on ascended but it shouldnt pull LF from the overflow that feeds LF reserves and cache. This would make those that have big ascensions that have a year or more of bleeding APP descendable as well.
I think the idea is to offset the difficulty in currently descending someone completely, not make it harder by hobbling the accounts of players who commit the time and resources for descensions.
fem fatale wrote:please leave it alone.

its part of the challenge beating or being beaten by the clock.. (been decended by mere seconds in the past)

will only benefit regular online players, and not help those still growing (if that 2 week decention like thing applies)
"only benefit regular online players"? :smt017 Surely thats the point, to encourage regular play, instead of the log in - refill - logout style.
Sol
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:please leave it alone.

You should read up before you post :P
aannnddd those that are growing would be regular online players anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Legends End wrote:I think a good addition to this would be a LF bar that adjusts based on each individuals activity.

It's interesting, but I don't think it would be helpful, just make it harder for anyone slightly smaller to take on someone else :P.
Legends End wrote: Finally, if you add a benefit to partial descensions it should be that it has a seperate function than true descension it would stifle progress on ascended but it shouldnt pull LF from the overflow that feeds LF reserves and cache. This would make those that have big ascensions that have a year or more of bleeding APP descendable as well.
It wouldn't effect app -> LF
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Sol wrote:
cold lazarus wrote:Or put a cap on converting your LF cache into life force reserves. Instead of 100% you can refill 25%, or the amount lost in the most recent descension hit, per TC, so if youre being descended you need to do more than log in once a day for a minute to refill.
Would actually be the most reasonable idea in dealing with the "easy LF refills".
The idea would have to be tweaked a bit though, the core solution of the inability to be on a computer 24/7 was to increase the descension min time to 12 hours, i.e. making someone refill one hit every 3 hours would partially defeat the purpose :P. I'm inclined to say something like...refill half of your LF OR LFR every 3 hours...
stupid concept, would mean there is no way to effectively prevent your descension even if your active.

Its fine as it is, at most just remove the cap on the 2/5 max LFR damage per hit or something, but making it so you cant refill basically stops you from defending yourself save for attacking someone else and blocking yourself.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

Return to “Suggestions”