Partial Descension?

Suggest any improvements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Partial Descension?

Given the ever increasing times to descend someone, with an assumed minimum being 12 hours, should there exist a possibility to partially descend a person? I.e when the defenders LF+LFR reaches 50% (or something) of its maximum the attacker, that is locked into the battle, can choose to cripple the opponent using their remaining stores of LF and LFR OR continue on with a full descension.
It would effectively turn the defender into a demi-god, so it's sort of like descension, but only half as a good. The actual effects from the partial descension could be really anything, as long as it's not as powerful as a full descension. It will be classed (somewhat) as a descension though, so the 2 weeks it takes the user to recover before another descension will still be in effect.

After attempting to descend someone for hours on end, it gives people a chance to not waste all of that time if they think they won't make it until the user logs in again. Plus might help with the smaller vs large.
Ideas, thoughts?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Re: Partial Descension?

Idk. Not really my cup of tea
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Sol
Forum Addict

doc holliday wrote:Idk. Not really my cup of tea

:roll: Then why did you reply? TAF thing?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Seems unnecessary...

I'd suggest leaving descension alone.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I really like it to be honest. It's not a complete defunctioning of the main account. Though it will stop people calling themselves "undescendable" and will give a little bit of power back to ascended.

Somebody who has put the effort in over 12 hours deserves something other than a little 5 min farm by the descender and they are back to the start again!

Gets my vote 100% I think you will only get hostility from the rest of the community though!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

SO this will increase the amount of times a person has to log on?

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

and this helps the ppl new to or unexperienced on Ascended how?
The 12hrs was introduced to help ppl, and as a bit of a compensation for not having a ppt on there.

please leave this alone :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

fem fatale wrote:and this helps the ppl new to or unexperienced on Ascended how?
The 12hrs was introduced to help ppl, and as a bit of a compensation for not having a ppt on there.

please leave this alone :)

6 hours is the minimum descension Fem...so by 12 hours if they were brand new and not within the cooling in period, they would already be descended.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

If you do this, then the duration for being descended should be cut to 3 days...72 hours.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:If you do this, then the duration for being descended should be cut to 3 days...72 hours.

I don't think he's talking a full descension as we know it at the moment. Something along the lines of - in 12 hours, it's fight time, both players locked in...temporary suspension. Not entirelly sure...but something!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Sol wrote:

Uhhh. Weren't you asking our thoughts? My thoughts. Not really my cup of tea= I don't really like the idea
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Bad idea.

Deni
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

I think this is an interesting idea, but I would suggest that if implemented it has no direct effect on 'main' and just effects the 'ascended' server.

My suggestion would be that you reduce the effectiveness of some of the ascended 'personal' and or 'physical' levels in relation to the percentage of total life force reserves remaining. Keep it capped at something sensible, like a max reduction of 35% or so (and maybe only trigger the reduction after a set percentage of life force reserves have been depleted), call it fatigue on the part of the ascended entity as a result of the battle.

If the reduction in level effectiveness is applied to 'physical' levels, then it might become worth the 99 turns to put a dent in a large defence or assassin power. If applied to the defence 'personal' levels it would mean smaller accounts would have an easier time or more potential to descend larger accounts or feel usefull in alliance v alliance fights.

Refilling life force reserves back to full would remove any negative effect applied.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict

doc holliday wrote:
Sol wrote:

Uhhh. Weren't you asking our thoughts? My thoughts. Not really my cup of tea= I don't really like the idea

I thought not my cup of tea = I don't have knowledge in the area so I can't really provide direction on the statement.

Anyway.
I think some of you are substituting the devastation of a full descension, when the actual effects are up for debate. I was considering something like temporarily removes all bonus covert increases to the main account, or even perhaps a choice to remove the bonuses from, def,atk or cov+anti, or remove a tech level from the MS. Or even something like blocks the use of ppt until the next market reset.

Clockwork has the right idea.

When someone is descended though, half or full, they are still inert for the 2 weeks.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Sol wrote:
doc holliday wrote:
Sol wrote:

I thought not my cup of tea = I don't have knowledge in the area so I can't really provide direction on the statement.

/quote]

It's more like saying "I don't like it as much as I like tea", and for the sake of saying it, we assume the speaker likes tea.

This idea sounds like it could be good if a good partial descension minimum time is established.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback

Return to “Suggestions”