Making Undeveloped planets more involved with the game.

Suggest any improvements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Allow for the destruction of Undeveloped Planets.

@guy above, ehm, you are forced to build on main. You either have to train miners/lifers or get raided (or train some army).
hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:Along comes a war and now you want all it.
Too late [-X
I'm not sorry that I am no forum warrior, and if I had known about this topic I would have voiced my opinion prior to now. I was just pointed this topic tonight. If you want to keep allowing sniper accounts on "your" server then that is fair enough. I realize that you are not just admin but also play and have your own interests to protect. But your alliance is not yet involved in this conflict so maybe you can take a step back and look at it from an unbiased perspective.
I assume you mean TL when referring to 'my alliance', even though I left them 3/4 years ago :razz:.
I meant too late as in I'm too busy to change things, then again depends whats being changed.

I'm not going to say to everyone now that UP is killable (wouldn't have the time to implement such a function anyway), but so many inactives with so many UP exist, so many farms gone. Do you know how much Tziki will annoy me then about lack of farming? Too much.
But anyway... there is probably two easy options I can think of, and have suggested, save one.
The first is of course just increasing income from UP.
Second is removing the idea of UP altogether and just making income planets the new UP. So anything untrained, any planets that are gained from CER, are automagically worker planets gaining the full potential of income.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

are you being a simpleton again. build stats -_-
Sol wrote:@guy above, ehm, you are forced to build on main. You either have to train miners/lifers or get raided (or train some army).
hokiehomeboy wrote:
Too late [-X
I'm not sorry that I am no forum warrior, and if I had known about this topic I would have voiced my opinion prior to now. I was just pointed this topic tonight. If you want to keep allowing sniper accounts on "your" server then that is fair enough. I realize that you are not just admin but also play and have your own interests to protect. But your alliance is not yet involved in this conflict so maybe you can take a step back and look at it from an unbiased perspective.
I assume you mean TL when referring to 'my alliance', even though I left them 3/4 years ago :razz:.
I meant too late as in I'm too busy to change things, then again depends whats being changed.

I'm not going to say to everyone now that UP is killable (wouldn't have the time to implement such a function anyway), but so many inactives with so many UP exist, so many farms gone. Do you know how much Tziki will annoy me then about lack of farming? Too much.
But anyway... there is probably two easy options I can think of, and have suggested, save one.
Second is removing the idea of UP altogether and just making income planets the new UP. So anything untrained, any planets that are gained from CER, are automagically worker planets gaining the full potential of income.

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:@guy above, ehm, you are forced to build on main. You either have to train miners/lifers or get raided (or train some army).
hokiehomeboy wrote:
Too late [-X

I dunno what headache the coding would be but if untrained were to be forced to generate DMU what about a conversion over time system like main has for discarding mercenary overage per TC? It'll train like x% of your untrained into income planets per TC. That would be neat.
Sol
Forum Addict

EbilEmperorCC wrote:are you being a simpleton again. build stats -_-
;) Then you're mistaken about the problem.

[1]

Untrained planets do effectively nothing, save a small income bonus compared to miners. The problem is there is a stagnation point, you can put all your planets in one place so it effects nothing. In main you have to at least train them to produce income.
Right now people don't have to 'participate' in the game by doing it. It's not about forcing them to build stats, but forcing the account to be apart of the game.
If you don't want to be apart of the game you can always vac the account.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:
I dunno what headache the coding would be but if untrained were to be forced to generate DMU what about a conversion over time system like main has for discarding mercenary overage per TC? It'll train like x% of your untrained into income planets per TC. That would be neat.
ehm...they already do generate dmu....but fairly small amounts compared to income planets.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:
ehm...they already do generate dmu....but fairly small amounts compared to income planets.
Well going from hitting a 0 def once every week or two to two or three times a day would be an improvement.
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:
Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:
Well going from hitting a 0 def once every week or two to two or three times a day would be an improvement.
If I continually increase the income output from an untrained planet then I may as well just force all untrained to become income.
It would void the whole point of training planets to income if you can get a decent amount for free xD
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frazz
Forum Irregular

I particularly laughed at this point

made me laugh a lot

however I don't think kthey should be destructible or raidible tho if they have not logged in for a certain period they should be converted to income planets until next login
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

I think the community has two main problems:
1. Statless snipers that sit around the 5bil mark and just mass with no def or DM/DI
2. Statless non-fighters who hav all their planets untrained (in war times)

raiding planets in ascended i think 99% of people think is a bad idea and would change how the pace of the game. NO
Killing off planets would work but I see the point many have said, we all know trolls would go killing off all our best farms :P then we hav to hav a new attack type, new ME, the big change 2 some builds, ect
The moving of all untrained planets to income planets sounds like a good idea.

pos:
1. more farms for all :)
2. some people will be less likely to let them be farmed, i think this would help with ourstatless non-fighters

neg:
mayb not a neg but i dont think it will stop most snipers, they will just stay in the 5bil range be farmed but still mass with not stats :smt100

So I would like 2 keep talking about what we can do about snipers but i like the idea about no more untrained planets

Just at the end of writing this ive had a poorly thought out idea :P
link your CER to then numer of planets trained (in the world where we still hav untrained planets)
No planets no CER
Dont know... what do u think
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:What about you get a life? (sorry for saying this if you feel offended, good). But why do you have to come with this now? Some people chose to build stats, some people chose to build physical expanse. What is your problem with that? Feeling puny?

If you want something constructive, fine then: make the destruction 1:1. You lose 1 planet for 1 destroyed planet. That seems fair.

And don't argue with me about how the people want to be "playing" the server. Even though I'm not overly active as i was a few years ago, I still log on ascended daily and use all my turns to farm then to train my stats to get more planets. I like the game how it is, slow paced, casual. I don't want a new "main" where you can't catch up with the people who play all day long.
+1

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Sol
Forum Addict

~Coyle~ wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:What about you get a life? (sorry for saying this if you feel offended, good). But why do you have to come with this now? Some people chose to build stats, some people chose to build physical expanse. What is your problem with that? Feeling puny?

If you want something constructive, fine then: make the destruction 1:1. You lose 1 planet for 1 destroyed planet. That seems fair.

And don't argue with me about how the people want to be "playing" the server. Even though I'm not overly active as i was a few years ago, I still log on ascended daily and use all my turns to farm then to train my stats to get more planets. I like the game how it is, slow paced, casual. I don't want a new "main" where you can't catch up with the people who play all day long.
+1
see [1] above.

It's not about forcing the person to build stats, but forcing the account to be apart of the game.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Auto trained into miners is a nice idea but dead accounts would cause a problem

what about auto decay of UUs based on last login time? your UUs die if your last login was within last x hours. say you logged in within the last 4 hours and didn't train. No planets will worship a god who cares so little about the outlying planets so they start to disappear.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:Auto trained into miners is a nice idea but dead accounts would cause a problem

what about auto decay of UUs based on last login time? your UUs die if your last login was within last x hours. say you logged in within the last 4 hours and didn't train. No planets will worship a god who cares so little about the outlying planets so they start to disappear.
Sort of undermines the idea of a turn based game.
Well, dead accounts would turn into better farms.. not much of a problem xD.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
IFLuX
Forum Elite

i would like to see that every planet could be destroyed even miners :D
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

IFLuX wrote:i would like to see that every planet could be destroyed even miners :D
Thats over kill.

How about using our ascend strike able to kill of both LF and small % of untrained planets, say 10% in the open.

Return to “Suggestions”