Making Undeveloped planets more involved with the game.

Suggest any improvements
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Allow for the destruction of Undeveloped Planets.

i think raiding those untrained planets would solve everythink :D
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Clockwork wrote:A large percentage of accounts on ascended sit in a state of 'safeness' with little to nothing built that can be attacked. Usually planets are left as Undeveloped because nothing 'bad' can happen to them, and they don't produce a lot of incomine like Production planets.

I would suggest that a new attack be made available, to directly destroy 'Undeveloped' planets. They don't afterall have any 'defences' built on them :P

The attack could either take form as an expensive (turn wise) normal attack, or maybe something like Lifering on main, where you hurl X number of your own 'Undeveloped' planets at the enemy destroying Y number of their 'Undeveloped' planets.

This would mean the only 'safe' planets would be 'Production' planets, and if people continue to just build 'safe' planets, at least they are producing nice DMU incoming for the rest of the server :P

The aim of this suggestion is to get more people actually 'playing' on the server, not just sitting 'safe' and ignoring it.

Anyway, comments, agreements, arguments against are all welcome.
Stupid idea, it would destroy the economy for one, it would mean no one is safe and able to protect themselves as they can in main, and ultimately that function was removed for a reason.

about 18 months ago i spoke to sol and we agreed untrained planets should produce some amount of income, all be it a fraction of the amount miners would. So that those inactives with 15-20b untrained still contribute to the economy (this also helped solve the big wave of activity increase that started diminishing farms and the economy)

Your suggestion would counteract that work and crash the economy further if people started killing untrained planets, and for very little reason.

If your at war with someone they will have little planets available anyway so their CER is higher and killing them will result in nothing as they will just generate again. So this is only viable to people with big army sizes to cut them down, usually inactives or those that are passive.
Which basically just means THIS SUGGESTION is just a way for war mongerers to be **Filtered** to the less active or more passive players.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Stupid idea, it would destroy the economy for one, it would mean no one is safe and able to protect themselves as they can in main, and ultimately that function was removed for a reason.
Destroy the economy is abit strong, but I agree we will hav trolls to lower the income of some of our big farms. I dont know what you mean by 'protect themselves as they can in main' because you can be raided, if anything this is moving closer to main idea.
about 18 months ago i spoke to sol and we agreed untrained planets should produce some amount of income, all be it a fraction of the amount miners would. So that those inactives with 15-20b untrained still contribute to the economy (this also helped solve the big wave of activity increase that started diminishing farms and the economy)
Yea i think we all liked this :smt023 but the problem we are trying to work out is that active accounts do not needing to train anything (during wars) to keep farming and building planets.
Your suggestion would counteract that work and crash the economy further if people started killing untrained planets, and for very little reason.
Yea we need to work out a better plans to the same problem
If your at war with someone they will have little planets available anyway so their CER is higher and killing them will result in nothing as they will just generate again. So this is only viable to people with big army sizes to cut them down, usually inactives or those that are passive.
Which basically just means THIS SUGGESTION is just a way for war mongerers to be **Filtered** to the less active or more passive players.
I think your wrong when you say people at war hav very little planets, from my expense most keep a large amount of planets as untrained or as income planets. For me income planets are fine, if you hav low stats then you can become farms for the fighters and you keep your planets for after the war. The problem is those that have the 10's of bils of planets untrained and do not need to engage the sever or those that snipe from the 5bil range. ok I always wanted to say this 'Its a WAR game' :D and its just a suggestion and from that post you quoted we hav talked alot, with many changes to the idea. Please add to the idea not just say 'poo poo'
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

didn't read all the debates, but on behalf of me I think that changing something like this is stupid and will lead to more people leaving the game.. I mean I get it but there are already so many ppl who do not play ascended..
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Charlie Sheen wrote:didn't read all the debates, but on behalf of me I think that changing something like this is stupid and will lead to more people leaving the game.. I mean I get it but there are already so many ppl who do not play ascended..
Its likely worth reading the debate b4 posting :roll:
Why would changes make more people leave and I think the numbers show that some of the biggest changes Sol has added over the last 2 years has helped the number of players on ascended. If you think something wouldn't work please post something that can help with the problem.
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

lmao @ Hoki saying someone pointed you to it. It seems when ever you find a topic a few years old and you nerco it...."someone" always pointed it out to you....riiiiight. :---) :---) :---) :---) :---)

Its a dumb idea to have a way to kill them or turn them into miners, theres no reason to. Just cause someone who spends more time in ascended playing wants more to kill and more to do on the server....if you bored or unhappy go play a different server or do something else.

The fact that one person is whining cause he has less to do on ascended, is not a reason to change it. Either is only like 3 people out of the hundreds that play ascended.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

Leave it as it is now. Destruction of or raiding planets is not needed.

As it is now,Ascended is the server were gameplay is a bit slower then other sgw servers. A lot of people like this slower gameplay as differentiation (me included).

Dont fix what's not broken.
Meh...
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Here is an idea to stop people from sniping:
Make untrained planets destructible on a timer after someone attacks. Say 24 hours or so. This leaves inactive farms safe protecting the economy as it is and allows retribution against those that mass and then return to a safe state as untrained.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

To stop people from sniping all you need to do is change the ratios like idk

1:3 to be able to hit the target. And suddenly someone needs to have 7 bils of planets to hit 21 bils target
10 bils to hit 30 bils or 14 to hit 42

No longer carelessly wacking.

But as it is there are two ways to go. Either go big, but leave majority of your planets doing nothing. Or play the local i dont give a **Filtered** about my planets count guy and boost your ME away with massing whatever comes your way.

I mean when you have 30 bils of planets you can either say if I want to mantain this or get bigger I have to do nothing. Or say **Filtered** this and go mass and then wait for years to get it back which makes no sense to be honest :P

One other way would be also to perhaps have two spheres of influence. One would be the material (the number of planets you currently have

The other spirutal, the maximum number of planets you at some point had which wont vanish once you are massed or decide to lose them by massing.

Meaning at least there was and is a point of obtaining large amount of planets - as that spiritual max number of planets perhaps gives you some LF per turn + the more you had or something like that.

All and all tough nut to crack
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Nobody likes my idea then... :smt090
Sol
Forum Addict

untrained wont ever be killable or raidable kids, settle down.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:untrained wont ever be killable or raidable kids, settle down.
Yay!

Thanks SoL :smt060
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sol
Forum Addict

Doesn't mean the current thread issue is automagically invalid though.
Clock, do you want to change the thread title to something like, 'Making untrained planets involved with the game'.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:Doesn't mean the current thread issue is automagically invalid though.
Clock, do you want to change the thread title to something like, 'Making untrained planets involved with the game'.
Psssh.

You're an invalid [-(
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

I had forgotten about this thread, it was decided like a year ago that untrained planets would generate some income, and not become kill able when nobody seemed to like the idea.

Quite like SOL's idea of making them production planets, or you could keep untrained planets exactly how they are now, but remove the ability to untrain spies and assassins just like you can't untrain the super attack / def planet clusters (unless you pay an APP cost to work your ascended mojo and reorder things).

I'll change the thread title and have a think about new ideas :)
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Suggestions”