Making Undeveloped planets more involved with the game.

Suggest any improvements
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Making Undeveloped planets more involved with the game.

A large percentage of accounts on ascended sit in a state of 'safeness' with little to nothing built that can be attacked. Usually planets are left as Undeveloped because nothing 'bad' can happen to them, and they don't produce a lot of incomine like Production planets.

I would suggest that a new attack be made available, to directly destroy 'Undeveloped' planets. They don't afterall have any 'defences' built on them :P

The attack could either take form as an expensive (turn wise) normal attack, or maybe something like Lifering on main, where you hurl X number of your own 'Undeveloped' planets at the enemy destroying Y number of their 'Undeveloped' planets.

This would mean the only 'safe' planets would be 'Production' planets, and if people continue to just build 'safe' planets, at least they are producing nice DMU incoming for the rest of the server :P

The aim of this suggestion is to get more people actually 'playing' on the server, not just sitting 'safe' and ignoring it.

Anyway, comments, agreements, arguments against are all welcome.
Last edited by Clockwork on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Allow for the destruction of Undeveloped Planets.

Makes sense, and I like it.
Doubt it fits the current ascended paradigm, but as far as increasing income across the board goes, I like the effects this would have. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

I actually suggested this some time ago :P, the result of course was for UP to not be killed but generate income.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
prsko
Forum Irregular

Or maybe make them raidable, but caped at certain AS.
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Juliette wrote:Makes sense, and I like it.
Doubt it fits the current ascended paradigm, but as far as increasing income across the board goes, I like the effects this would have. ;)

+1

And it may make more people build up their accounts but I think if they have less then 5bil planets they you can't destroy their undeveloped planets.
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

What about you get a life? (sorry for saying this if you feel offended, good). But why do you have to come with this now? Some people chose to build stats, some people chose to build physical expanse. What is your problem with that? Feeling puny?

If you want something constructive, fine then: make the destruction 1:1. You lose 1 planet for 1 destroyed planet. That seems fair.

And don't argue with me about how the people want to be "playing" the server. Even though I'm not overly active as i was a few years ago, I still log on ascended daily and use all my turns to farm then to train my stats to get more planets. I like the game how it is, slow paced, casual. I don't want a new "main" where you can't catch up with the people who play all day long.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

I agree with Nigatsu on this. SoL improved the income those planets generate so in that sense it did take something away....

But otherwise imo it should be left as it is. Ascended is very dangerous as it is. With being a paradise fort snipers or basically guys who dont care what happens to them just so they can destroy the game play of someone else

So in that effect some people decided that the best defense is to just dont build a thing.
They leave their planets undeveloped.
They gain no income - that prick who is on their asses gets nothing to destroy and they can duke it out with deascension battle and let him show how tough he is than...

Cause let us admit. I build a high CER and I can go berserk on the entire server if I want (well anyone but the ones with over 25 bils

And what do I do? I kill people who are big and are having a hard time to grow anyway... and I am as good as new every few days because of my CER
All that is even limiting me are the ATs
Which btw some people suggested to be increased as well.

Yes this idea I actually think is a good one for warfare. But for overall game and bigger picture I think this idea will only push people off and make it so that instead of 15-20 people playing I will see 10-15 if you catch my drift
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:What about you get a life? (sorry for saying this if you feel offended, good).

Hah, as two players of a text based browser game of spreadsheets, pot kettle black maybe? :P

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:If you want something constructive, fine then: make the destruction 1:1. You lose 1 planet for 1 destroyed planet. That seems fair.

1:1 ratio was more than I was thinking of, closer to the 3:1 like lifering on main, but the exact ratio could be whatever people think is fair :)

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:And don't argue with me about how the people want to be "playing" the server. Even though I'm not overly active as i was a few years ago, I still log on ascended daily and use all my turns to farm then to train my stats to get more planets. I like the game how it is, slow paced, casual. I don't want a new "main" where you can't catch up with the people who play all day long.

I lost you a bit here, I don't see how allowing the destruction of undeveloped planets would prevent you catching up other people? You still have the option to train your planets into 'safe' production planets, boosting your own income, or defence planets, boosting your protection. Existing limits already protect smaller accounts from being hit by larger accounts and vice versa.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Seriously Nigatsu, 1:1?! :shock: That is major overkill. 3:1, maybe at best 2:1, but killing planets should not be an easy feat. ;) It costs to wipe things out of existence.
Sol
Forum Addict

I don't find this necessary really...or needed in the slightest...income is already produced through the untrained.
But perhaps maybe an initiate revolution reversi? Instead of forcing income to untrain, it could force untrained to become income? I.e You will have to of course provide DMU to train them. It will be more of a friendly action than hostile (that is of course if you don't plan to farm the hell out of them after).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

Sol wrote:I don't find this necessary really...or needed in the slightest...income is already produced through the untrained.
But perhaps maybe an initiate revolution reversi? Instead of forcing income to untrain, it could force untrained to become income? I.e You will have to of course provide DMU to train them. It will be more of a friendly action than hostile (that is of course if you don't plan to farm the hell out of them after).

Don't think it would be worthwile the turns. Wouldn't invest time into coding this anyway seeing it probably won't be used very often.

To me this 'problem' was 'fixed' by increasing the income that an undeveloped planets gives.
Meh...
matty~
Forum Regular
Alliance: RIcos warlords
Race: i need sleep
ID: 1950534
Alternate name(s): ~matty~
xzxmattyxzx

prsko wrote:Or maybe make them raidable, but caped at certain AS.

:) +1
dont fight a retard..they'lll drag you down and beat you with experience
Spoiler
Some say im insane....I say..My Sanity just took a break

Im so far from the grapevine, im buying grapes from the supermarket.
BEWARE MY SCOPE ZOOMS HEAT SEAKING SCOPE . PRO SNIPER BABY
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

Something must be done with players just let planets build up.

Or have it that if a player builds up, does X amount of attacks then he is deemed active and his gowth planets can be massed/raided etc. This will stop players being massed in war, just sitting there for a few weeks then build up planets and then mass back.

It should be that you can keep the player on the ropes all the time if need be. You can maybe set a limit to players with low CER to prevent this happening but at the moment players are being hit by snipers and have naff all to mass.

In main, sniping has been reduced a lot. It is started to creep into ascended.

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Raiding to ascended is retarded to the max
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

JasonJay wrote:Raiding to ascended is retarded to the max

It may well be, but if you cannot put in a why ? then no one will listen.

Too many players throw in comments which don't add jack to the discussion.

If you have a reason say it, as it may be an variable that someone has not thought about.

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions”