Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Re: Ascended 'small updates' List

IFLuX wrote:
I would love to kill untrained too :)

Well it's 2vs 1 ..this makes most of us :smt101
2vs2. :)

Killing untrained is not a good idea.
There has to be any means to defend yourself, especially if you are fighting on your own vs many - allowing killing of untrained would lead to starting over and over from scratch, especially for smaller players who won't be able to do anything at all - assuming there are still any small players left in the game, since every changes are made to kick their asses more and more and to give bonuses to old wolves..
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Just remove the ability to untrain planets, or make it cost a load of DMU to untrain (10 times the cost to train). Or better yet, do away with the concept of untrained planets, and have them all as labour planets to begin with.

People never like the idea of untrained planets being destroyable, and quite oftern quote the 'little guy' getting picked on. However, with the 5b CER cap anybody will a small planet count would be getting full CER growth per day, who would regen any losses quickly enough. Plus with the size restriction on attacking, large accounts would have to stop attacking when the planet count dropped below the size limit.

But all that's not so much a small update.

I'd quite like a live stream of descensions, similar to the kill report that's in the tournaments, I think it would be quite interesting to see what's happening on the ascended plane.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

Perhaps, but small players will be regrowing much more slower than big players.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
tyr_firstborn
Forum Newbie

Sol wrote: But if you expect to keep 4.8 q per day with a def under 70-80 quad then I would be massing you as well :P. My suggestion would be to reduce your income severely so you can build up planets and then, if you plan to live of your income, create a large defence (100 quad) and a large assass (1.5 quad+) and some covert to kill off sabbers, or buy stacks of weps.

[stuff deleted]

There lays your problem :P, you want to loose few planets as you can...for what? More income? But you require to sacrifice large amounts in defending a large income. You can't expect to be making over 2 quad a day without drawing attention, or without people wanting you to stay as a farm :P.
I've had a defense of over 300 quad and killed my income at the same time. I still wake up with my defense massed for no reason. All that does is burn planets for nothing. It doesn't matter what defense I have. When I generate DMU I get hit for it on the update. I just think I should have some chance to use it before it gets stolen. If I am offline or not paying attention, then sure, that's part of the game. But I can't produce DMU without getting hit, sometimes several times during the update.

Again, all I asked for was 30 seconds. Enough that I can spend my DMU if I am paying attention but not enough that it prevents farming.
Sol
Forum Addict

tyr_firstborn wrote:
Sol wrote: But if you expect to keep 4.8 q per day with a def under 70-80 quad then I would be massing you as well :P. My suggestion would be to reduce your income severely so you can build up planets and then, if you plan to live of your income, create a large defence (100 quad) and a large assass (1.5 quad+) and some covert to kill off sabbers, or buy stacks of weps.

[stuff deleted]

There lays your problem :P, you want to loose few planets as you can...for what? More income? But you require to sacrifice large amounts in defending a large income. You can't expect to be making over 2 quad a day without drawing attention, or without people wanting you to stay as a farm :P.
I've had a defense of over 300 quad and killed my income at the same time. I still wake up with my defense massed for no reason. All that does is burn planets for nothing. It doesn't matter what defense I have. When I generate DMU I get hit for it on the update. I just think I should have some chance to use it before it gets stolen. If I am offline or not paying attention, then sure, that's part of the game. But I can't produce DMU without getting hit, sometimes several times during the update.

Again, all I asked for was 30 seconds. Enough that I can spend my DMU if I am paying attention but not enough that it prevents farming.
Did you kill your income for a week or just a day? You can't really expect people to wonder away from a beautiful source of dmu :P.
I don't think a bank wouldn't really help that problem anyway, you would need to be online to bank. Even so you could probably convert your dmu to LF on turnchange almost faster than clicking the button to bank.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Clockwork wrote: I'd quite like a live stream of descensions, similar to the kill report that's in the tournaments, I think it would be quite interesting to see what's happening on the ascended plane.
Interesting....hmmm...don't think that's a good idea though, it would kill off nearly all chances of players being descended :P. Unless it just states the attacker maybe and the attack/def.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Sol wrote:
Clockwork wrote: I'd quite like a live stream of descensions, similar to the kill report that's in the tournaments, I think it would be quite interesting to see what's happening on the ascended plane.
Interesting....hmmm...don't think that's a good idea though, it would kill off nearly all chances of players being descended :P. Unless it just states the attacker maybe and the attack/def.
I was more meaning the killing blow, not the individual attacks themselves, no need to include damage or even time, if that's also a problem. Have it update at 00:00 game time and say xyz killed in the last 24 hours, but keep it as a continual record. I'd find it interesting anyway :P

It would expand on the current top 10 descenders, and be a record that granted bragging rights for particularly tough successful descensions.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict

Clockwork wrote:
Sol wrote:
I was more meaning the killing blow, not the individual attacks themselves, no need to include damage or even time, if that's also a problem. Have it update at 00:00 game time and say xyz killed in the last 24 hours, but keep it as a continual record. I'd find it interesting anyway :P

It would expand on the current top 10 descenders, and be a record that granted bragging rights for particularly tough successful descensions.
Ah yes, can do!
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

I agree, either removed untrained completely, or allow the ability to kill/force untrained into miners.

Id like the kill function so that you get some sense of revenge, but the forcing all untrained into miners is also useful so you can farm some DMU back from your opponent.

As for your picking on the smaller guys... chances are if a smaller guy or lone wolf goes up against many, its their fault for picking a fight they cant handle. This makes people think twice about attacking foes they cannot handle. But should they wish to do so, then 5b assassins would pretty much DM most defense's which you could do almost every 5 days, lets say 10 days if you wanted to be certain...
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Global logs would be.. interesting I guess, as a spectator sport. I'm guessing it would put an end to people deascending others with the sole purpose of farming their post-deascension dmu's, since everyone on the server would see the exact time they'd been deascended :)

I don't like the idea of global logs, in whatever form. Perhaps you could argue, the clash of armies would be heard/felt by nearby ascended beings.. but it just doesn't sit right. Ascended beings are not omniscient, they're secretive and above all, individuals out for themselves first. It would also gimp DM's ability to be anonymous, if it were to come up in global attack logs.

Regarding ranked exp. I would be wary of using the justification ' make it more like main '. Ascended has its own unique flavor. The top 10's are a good example of that, allowing ascended beings to choose whether their prowess is publicly displayed, or to remain apart & aloof.

My suggestion would be to institute a kind of glory, (whatever you want to call it) awarded per turn/day to people who publicly display their rank in any top 10. It would be a way both to reward people for having, and keeping stats.. as well as give people a choice as to whether they'd want to participate in the skirmishes that would follow.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I cant see the point having global logs in ascend, especially deascended players, just the dead accounts are done over for fun of it.

I would increase the amount of DMU is produced by untain planets, say 1/3 of income planets.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Caprila and myself are slightly voyeuristic, if I read the request for Galactic Logs right. ;) I like it, would be fun to have. Delayed, of course, so you cannot use it as a monitor of sorts, but mainly as reference material. :)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Juliette wrote:Caprila and myself are slightly voyeuristic, if I read the request for Galactic Logs right. ;) I like it, would be fun to have. Delayed, of course, so you cannot use it as a monitor of sorts, but mainly as reference material. :)
Also helps diligent players to report suspicious activity that may slip past sol.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Have an attack that instills rebellion among the untrained planets. Causing them to defect in 24 hours if a % of your income per a planet is not sacrificed.

Or have a status effect that removes a certain % planets above your military per a turn. Like mercenaries. That also requires a sacrifice based on your income to remove
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Z E R O wrote:
Juliette wrote:Caprila and myself are slightly voyeuristic, if I read the request for Galactic Logs right. ;) I like it, would be fun to have. Delayed, of course, so you cannot use it as a monitor of sorts, but mainly as reference material. :)
Also helps diligent players to report suspicious activity that may slip past sol.
And there is that, of course. Though Sol sees all. (Hence his name. Sol, is the way Ozzies say "See all". They say goodbye with 'soul'.) :)

Return to “Suggestions”