Suggest any improvements
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Re: Ascended 'small updates' List

Regarding the Demigods.
The page could be made more clear by making more space between each of them, or something that would visibly show where the description of one ends and the second starts.
Possibility to show just one at a time like with planets on main could be also useful.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

OK so i talked to Sol and told him I would try to post some suggestions...

Get something for holding really high rank.
Not too long ago you got punished for having high rank by getting less ATs per turn but now you are supposed to get the same no matter the rank you have.. well, on main we get more G&R for high rank rank 1 gets 10 per turn, 5 pt range goes on for a bit and then 1 point range. How about more ATs per turn for high rank? encourages people to actually build something on ascended. You could also reduce the number of ATs people get depending on their crit. Sortof like on main where you get no G&R if you are on nox..

How about something useless that would still get ppl more interested... it seems everyone loves titles.. Give some cheezy title for the people that get rank 1-10 and hold it for a certain period of time. The title could automatically disappear after a time not holding that rank.. ie: you get the title for holding rank 1-10 for a month, once you get knocked out of that rank range you keep it for the same time period....1 month, then it disappears...

How about something useful with this one. A link "To main!" that logs you into your main account like the one on main links you to your ascended... Most of the time when I am logging into ascended its from an ipad or phone and then I have to log into main separately. The only way i can get out of having to log in twice is to log into main and then click "to ascended" there. It would be nice if it worked both ways.

Demi's : how about we have the ability to just look at the name of the demi and the check to equip and the stats and a link next to them to "see details". Its a pain scrolling through 5 demi's and all the description of their history when you just want to decide who to equip. Yea, I like the descriptions but when I log in on a phone its just a pain scrolling through all that.

They might be good or bad Ideas.. I just thought I would throw them out there for consideration...

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

WoofyBear wrote:OK so i talked to Sol and told him I would try to post some suggestions...

Not too long ago you got punished for having high rank by getting less ATs per turn but now you are supposed to get the same no matter the rank you have.. well, on main we get more G&R for high rank rank 1 gets 10 per turn, 5 pt range goes on for a bit and then 1 point range. How about more ATs per turn for high rank? encourages people to actually build something on ascended. You could also reduce the number of ATs people get depending on their crit. Sortof like on main where you get no G&R if you are on nox.. Solid Idea and I like it, we might be able to get more people on their to play (more turns=more fun) and yes i think it would provoke people to build :D it is way to easy now a days to get rank on ascend IMO..

How about something useless that would still get ppl more interested... it seems everyone loves titles.. Give some cheezy title for the people that get rank 1-10 and hold it for a certain period of time. The title could automatically disappear after a time not holding that rank.. ie: you get the title for holding rank 1-10 for a month, once you get knocked out of that rank range you keep it for the same time period....1 month, then it disappears...That would be cool, I mean I won't ever get there.

How about something useful with this one. A link "To main!" that logs you into your main account like the one on main links you to your ascended... Most of the time when I am logging into ascended its from an ipad or phone and then I have to log into main separately. The only way i can get out of having to log in twice is to log into main and then click "to ascended" there. It would be nice if it worked both ways.THIS!!!!

Demi's : how about we have the ability to just look at the name of the demi and the check to equip and the stats and a link next to them to "see details". Its a pain scrolling through 5 demi's and all the description of their history when you just want to decide who to equip. Yea, I like the descriptions but when I log in on a phone its just a pain scrolling through all that.No oppinion

They might be good or bad Ideas.. I just thought I would throw them out there for consideration...
I put it in red so i didn't type out a story!!! Looks very good :smt060
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
Sol
Forum Addict

@woofy, first is good, have been meaning to do something about that in awhile, turns seems reasonable enough, maybe faster APP generation as well.

to main button would require AJ to add some code (probably take 500 years :P).

Regarding Demis (fixing B0rg's suggestion as well), I can add some JS autohide, like the plague arena datapad.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
ID: 1936322

Update the cost to refill your LF/LFR to match the rest of the game.

ATM its so cheap to refill no one thinks twice about doing it, with the smallest amount of DMU. Which makes defending agents descension attacks just a matter of being active. This will make the Energy Flow and Energy Channeling lvls more important to help lower the cost of refilling, which also works in reverse. As the attacker you often lose much more LF per hit then ur target, you need to pick your timing well or be prepared to lose a lot of DMU trying to descend one player. As the defender you will need to farm and spent some time on ascend to protect yourself not just once a day for 30 seconds.

So I think this can add a new dimension to the descension mechanic and be fun :D. Note im not saying change how the LF cache works, because you just cant :P just how you convert DMU to LF/LFR and the same with cache to LF/LFR.
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

That's certainly an interesting idea.

Problem imo, would be scaling.

If the costs to refill were sufficient to cause even an average account to have to farm for it.. it'd be pretty much mean a small/newer account would never be able to refill.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
B0rg
Forum Grunt

WoofyBear wrote:OK so i talked to Sol and told him I would try to post some suggestions...

Not too long ago you got punished for having high rank by getting less ATs per turn but now you are supposed to get the same no matter the rank you have.. well, on main we get more G&R for high rank rank 1 gets 10 per turn, 5 pt range goes on for a bit and then 1 point range. How about more ATs per turn for high rank? encourages people to actually build something on ascended. You could also reduce the number of ATs people get depending on their crit. Sortof like on main where you get no G&R if you are on nox..
Disagreed.
Something to boost big players again and even much more? Now that's a new one.. Please.
Main is main, ascended is ascended. These were never the same nor should be.
How about something to encourage new players to join ascended ranks.
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Games are meant to be dynamic though, ergo to have something to fight for. Rank is the only logical thing. :)

Would love to hear your thoughts on how to make a dynamic game without relying heavily on rank. ;)
B0rg
Forum Grunt

Sol wrote:@woofy, first is good, have been meaning to do something about that in awhile, turns seems reasonable enough, maybe faster APP generation as well.
Sol, you really wanna do this?
With such changes not only will big players be able to farm more then others but will also be able to get turn refills even more often - compare it to players who still ascend, thus have no turn refills at all if they wish to convert what they received.
It's impossible to catch up to older players as it is now, even if one plays actively, and again you wanna do something to give them another advantage. They already convert app faster if still do ascend. Now you want them to receive more turns and faster app generation to refill turns more frequently.
Maybe just give them free power ups by 100 every week or so.

I understand that it might be the reason for building stats but lets also think about those who don't have means to build. I feel that with every new idea you are making the game more unbalanced.
Honestly, if I ware to start playing ascended now as new player I wouldn't bother - for years of even active playing there's no way to compete with old players, than what's the reason?
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Sol
Forum Addict

Caprila wrote:That's certainly an interesting idea.

Problem imo, would be scaling.

If the costs to refill were sufficient to cause even an average account to have to farm for it.. it'd be pretty much mean a small/newer account would never be able to refill.
Small accounts wouldn't need to refill a large LF/LFR ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

You also need to think who would attack small players :-k You will always be caped at 2/5 there max LFR so your damage is always limited, but your shot will come back normally doing 4 time, 5 time or more damage to yourself. If anything this will help stop big accounts randomly descending small accounts because how costly it can be.
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Sol
Forum Addict

B0rg wrote:
Sol wrote:@woofy, first is good, have been meaning to do something about that in awhile, turns seems reasonable enough, maybe faster APP generation as well.
Sol, you really wanna do this?
With such changes not only will big players be able to farm more then others but will also be able to get turn refills even more often - compare it to players who still ascend, thus have no turn refills at all if they wish to convert what they received.
It's impossible to catch up to older players as it is now, even if one plays actively, and again you wanna do something to give them another advantage. They already convert app faster if still do ascend. Now you want them to receive more turns and faster app generation to refill turns more frequently.
Maybe just give them free power ups by 100 every week or so.

I understand that it might be the reason for building stats but lets also think about those who don't have means to build. I feel that with every new idea you are making the game more unbalanced.
It's been on my to do list for awhile now actually.
You will never really be able to technically catch up to someone, if you expect to catch up to hokie or ETL then you have to be joking. If you ever want to creep up to a player you have to play MORE actively as them and gain more dmu then they do. Even so turns are limited so you can't really jump ahead like you can on main.
Big players will always get bigger, they have the momentum, that can't be changed. Although as Juliette pointed there is always something to fight for and it is usually the lowest/highest number, and almost always the winner will be the bigger player. It's just how it is in pretty much every game. At least with this people will actually build stats to get there.
It's not like people can just gain a stack of planets from no where, they build, they get massed, they will sit down for awhile. As you said before, main is main, ascended is ascended.

Also it will either be more app or turns, not both. Perhaps suggest something else to fight for, I know there is a thread like this around somewhere where I actually discussed this issue.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

B0rg wrote: Honestly, if I ware to start playing ascended now as new player I wouldn't bother - for years of even active playing there's no way to compete with old players, than what's the reason?
I have seen this point made many times before and its simply not true. Ill use myself as the example, I started playing start of 2011 and stated putting real time in2 my ascend account around the end of that year (its slow 2 start when your new :P). So ive been playing for 2 years now(not an old boy), ive gotten a lot of help learning about the game and I have farmed my ass off to get my starting account 2 where it is now. By no means do I think im top **Filtered** around here or anything but I know I can stand in the centre of the ring and punch it out with the best of them. So no I do not accept that new players shouldn't start because you can never reach the highs of the ranks, because its not true. I love playing ascend and like to see it made more competitive and that all players get the chance they need to have fun.
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
du5tin_eh
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1919461

how about seeing what accounts that you have descended to maybe with dates
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Add the ability for you to unphase yourself (similar to what happens in arena when you login). It's quite boring being sat unable to attack / farm DMU to rebuild until turn change occures.

Also, perhaps do away with Phasing if you have War / War ? or increase the number of turns required to phase.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Suggestions”