IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Ascended 'small updates' List

[spoiler]
~Tziki~ wrote:
IFLuX wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:How about an auto play set up? Like tick a box to allow the account to be auto played IE, once everyone 24 hours it refills life force. The cost should come two fold, loose ascended blessing and 1k instant from main account from g/r, and deduct 2 g/r per turn.
Just no.

If your inactive enough to get descended that's your fault, descention doesnt need to be made harder, if anything it should be made easier and people shouldnt be unable to get descended based off no activity. e.g getting personals to a certain point where descention is just impossible unless you have a 20b toc. Or automatically refilling LFR? thats just a stupid suggestion coming from a lazy player that cant be bothered to play properly and wants to effectively cheat to avoid being schooled.
IFLuX wrote:How about we get miletery EXP for ascended ? :smt101
No again.

This game was about team work, trading, building and competitiveness between alliances and who could outgrow the other. Things like ME encourage people to say "its a war game" and use that to excuse acting like morons.

ranked ME would destroy ascended and turn it into a competition of who can kill the most / and destroy peoples hard work.
Well if you can't take the heat well it's not my fault.... most of the players would like ME on ascended :smt036
you dont constitute "most players" you are but "one" player. and since ive said no, thats 1v1 so its already 50% of players, which is not MOST.
[/spoiler]
~Tziki~ wrote:re-introduce ascended attack style - Revolution

A way to kill untrained planets or mining planets.

Should come at a cost, but atleast it allows you to punish someone that snipes you then untrains everything.
I would love to kill untrained too :)
Jaime Lannister wrote:I do like these updates & M.E similar to main would be nice.
-KJ
Well it's 2vs 1 ..this makes most of us :smt101
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

no that makes 2 of you, that have said it in this topic. but not most that have read this topic or most of the server.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
tyr_firstborn
Forum Newbie

Killing untrained directly would be bad as that would affect who you could and could not attack because of the x5 size rule. If you want to stop someone from attacking then untraining them them add something for that. Maybe you can't untrain for 1 or 2 turns after your last attack.

The question is, why can you untrain? If you can untrain for defense then its a part of the game to train, attack and untrain. If you want to disallow that, then disallow untraining. Given that your power is based on your number of planets, there has to be a way you can defend all (or some) of your planets.

What I would like to see is a bank like main has. Or maybe not exactly a bank. My problem is farmers who hit you on the turn change and you don't even have a chance to spend the DMU. Even 60 or even 30 seconds to spend the DMU at a turn change would save me a lot of grief. When I max out production I start having people hit me right at the turn change. Even if I sit on the button to spend DMU I still get hit so I can't ever train for production. All that effort spent is useless to me now. Even if they don't get any DMU they've now killed defense planets so I can't keep a defense built.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote: ranked ME would destroy ascended and turn it into a competition of who can kill the most / and destroy peoples hard work.
That is sort of what it's all about :P

As for killing untrained planets...think that was suggested before (could have been by me), but we eventually killed it off, I think I suggested instead of killing, forcing them to be miners so the account would be a farm.

@tyr, bank idea has been shot down multiple times :P, if you're active you can easily get much much much more dmu upon farming than income, but if you seem to be a farm from many people it may be good to attack back or just kill off your income so you can build a big enough defence and assass.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:

As for killing untrained planets...think that was suggested before (could have been by me), but we eventually killed it off, I think I suggested instead of killing, forcing them to be miners so the account would be a farm.
years ago it was part of the game, you could both raid untrained planets and force miners to become untrained planets.

This was a useful way of fighting back at snipers who try to mass and hide, cost a lot of AT's and didnt do nearlly as much damage as just massing someone. but it atleast offered a nice sense of revenge.

As for the ME thing, yea to a certain degree it is about killing stuff but thats not ALL its about. adding ME influences everyone into believing the sole point of the game is to kill planets and piss people off by **Filtered** all over their hard work. which will then slow down activity as people lose intrest in building anything due to some muppet taking it out for no reason other than ME, then untraining so you cant even show them what for...

just a bad idea, there are already those that act this way, but encouraging everyone to do so would kill the server again.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

years ago it was part of the game, you could both raid untrained planets and force miners to become untrained planets.
I know :P, but I'm saying you could do the opposite. Turn snipers into farms. The cost of it to actually happen could be in proportion to when they logged in last, for instance if they logged in 24 hrs ago it may only take 100 turns to force all untrained to become income planet (as of course the likely hood of them logging back in within another 24 hrs is quite soon, so you shouldn't need to waste too many turns to do it), likewise if a player hasn't logged in for ages it may take nearly 2000 turns to force all untrained to become income (i.e you're effectively making yourself a permanent farm).

The whole raiding scene meant quite a few players had stunted growth.
~Tziki~ wrote: As for the ME thing, yea to a certain degree it is about killing stuff but thats not ALL its about. adding ME influences everyone into believing the sole point of the game is to kill planets and piss people off by **Filtered** all over their hard work. which will then slow down activity as people lose intrest in building anything due to some muppet taking it out for no reason other than ME, then untraining so you cant even show them what for...

just a bad idea, there are already those that act this way, but encouraging everyone to do so would kill the server again.
ME on main is sort of all in your face, ME on ascended is linked away. I suppose people want to gauge how well they are doing compared to others.
As for building stats...what else do you plan to do with them :P (save maybe get an achievement or two), if you plan to war, then you can war with the person who massed you.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

I know :P, but I'm saying you could do the opposite. Turn snipers into farms. The cost of it to actually happen could be in proportion to when they logged in last, for instance if they logged in 24 hrs ago it may only take 100 turns to force all untrained to become income planet (as of course the likely hood of them logging back in within another 24 hrs is quite soon, so you shouldn't need to waste too many turns to do it), likewise if a player hasn't logged in for ages it may take nearly 2000 turns to force all untrained to become income (i.e you're effectively making yourself a permanent farm).

~Tziki~ wrote: As for the ME thing, yea to a certain degree it is about killing stuff but thats not ALL its about. adding ME influences everyone into believing the sole point of the game is to kill planets and piss people off by **Filtered** all over their hard work. which will then slow down activity as people lose intrest in building anything due to some muppet taking it out for no reason other than ME, then untraining so you cant even show them what for...

ME on main is sort of all in your face, ME on ascended is linked away. I suppose people want to gauge how well they are doing compared to others.
As for building stats...what else do you plan to do with them :P (save maybe get an achievement or two), if you plan to war, then you can war with the person who massed you.

As far as i see only Tziki is agaist ME on ascended :smt056 ...
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"

[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
OlavI
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Omega
Race: Omegan Lord
ID: 1927401
Alternate name(s): Sleepless SISU

~Tziki~ wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:How about an auto play set up? Like tick a box to allow the account to be auto played IE, once everyone 24 hours it refills life force. The cost should come two fold, loose ascended blessing and 1k instant from main account from g/r, and deduct 2 g/r per turn.
Just no.

If your inactive enough to get descended that's your fault, descention doesnt need to be made harder, if anything it should be made easier and people shouldnt be unable to get descended based off no activity. e.g getting personals to a certain point where descention is just impossible unless you have a 20b toc. Or automatically refilling LFR? thats just a stupid suggestion coming from a lazy player that cant be bothered to play properly and wants to effectively cheat to avoid being schooled.
IFLuX wrote:How about we get miletery EXP for ascended ? :smt101
No again.

This game was about team work, trading, building and competitiveness between alliances and who could outgrow the other. Things like ME encourage people to say "its a war game" and use that to excuse acting like morons.

ranked ME would destroy ascended and turn it into a competition of who can kill the most / and destroy peoples hard work.

How about vice versa: ie. if player does not log in within 24hr period LF reserves start to drain themselves 1/2half rate as they are normally grown up or the powerup bonuses start to drop like in continuous ascended hits.

Basicly making your account more vulnurable for descension due inactivity
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

That seems like a legit button. you can atleast profit from them for a few turn changes to buy back weapons, though your planets are screwed and you still cant touch their planets and kill them. A small amount of DMU is better than nothing i guess.

as for M.E:
If your intent on applying it, and saying what else are you going to do with the server etc. Then you might aswell remove ranks and remove individual ranks per stat. because that is designed around people aiming to get rank one and appear to be the best., you might aswell just base the ranked system of ME if you want ascended to just be about destroying peoples hard work and doing so with a sense of self pride. My CER rebuilds my account pretty fast so i dont really care if someone kills my planets, but there are those that do, and if they lost a huge amount for no reason other than... "because im awesome and i want ME and you suck, and im really proud of myself for acting like an arse" then your going to see a decline in players actively playing the server again, and it will go down the route of main, with only a select few actively playing it.

Ascended tournaments are for randomly killing stuff. Keep it that way. If there is an ME rank to be had, link it in with that and not with the actual server. Encourage people to kill stuff in the tournaments if they want more ME. Thats where the competition is at anyway, theres no skill in destroying semi active players that dont know how to stop it.
--------
IFLuX
Forum Elite

~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

That seems like a legit button. you can atleast profit from them for a few turn changes to buy back weapons, though your planets are screwed and you still cant touch their planets and kill them. A small amount of DMU is better than nothing i guess.

as for M.E:
If your intent on applying it, and saying what else are you going to do with the server etc. Then you might aswell remove ranks and remove individual ranks per stat. because that is designed around people aiming to get rank one and appear to be the best., you might aswell just base the ranked system of ME if you want ascended to just be about destroying peoples hard work and doing so with a sense of self pride. My CER rebuilds my account pretty fast so i dont really care if someone kills my planets, but there are those that do, and if they lost a huge amount for no reason other than... "because im awesome and i want ME and you suck, and im really proud of myself for acting like an arse" then your going to see a decline in players actively playing the server again, and it will go down the route of main, with only a select few actively playing it.

Ascended tournaments are for randomly killing stuff. Keep it that way. If there is an ME rank to be had, link it in with that and not with the actual server. Encourage people to kill stuff in the tournaments if they want more ME. Thats where the competition is at anyway, theres no skill in destroying semi active players that dont know how to stop it.
Most of palyers are killing stuff with OR WITHOUT the ME system including me :smt101 ... it doesn't change anythink
Spoiler

CJO - Judgement HC

B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

How about vice versa: ie. if player does not log in within 24hr period LF reserves start to drain themselves 1/2half rate as they are normally grown up or the powerup bonuses start to drop like in continuous ascended hits.

Basicly making your account more vulnurable for descension due inactivity
Selfdescending because of inactivity? Now thats ridiculous.
There is no ppt on ascended and sometimes there are situations you cannot log in for a few days.
Besides it would also mean that after some time every farm would be descendable with single hit.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

I say forcing untrained to be miners using AT's is a good plan =]

If no one has any objections, throw that on the list.
--------
prsko
Forum Irregular

I'd lik ranked ME too :-D
tyr_firstborn
Forum Newbie

Sol wrote: @tyr, bank idea has been shot down multiple times :P, if you're active you can easily get much much much more dmu upon farming than income, but if you seem to be a farm from many people it may be good to attack back or just kill off your income so you can build a big enough defence and assass.
Not true.

OK, it might be true its been shot down but its not true that you can get much more from farming.

Yes, when you start with 4000 turns you can get a lot of DMU farming, but that is a cache. Suppose you spend it all farming and you have no turns. You will then get 10 turns per update(?). (Is it still 10, I might be out of date there.) Lets suppose you get 15 turns per update. That would mean you'd get one farming attack per update. Does your average farm hit exceed your best DMU income? Mine isn't even close. Based on when people hit me it seems that most people hit for anything over 100 trillion. I am sure an active person who takes the time might even get their average hit to 300 trillion. That's still less then my per update DMU production if I max out. I get 5 trillion with nothing trained and defenses at critical.

If I don't log in twice a day while on full defense and with nothing trained I get farmed. If I train a defense then at some point I will wake up and find I have been massed for no reason, just someone wants to take down a bunch of planets and that gets me nothing. If you allow untrained to be stolen I've got nothing left to do in the game, other then becoming one of the people who goes around destroying anyone. My planet growth is 3 billion/day. If untrained can be stolen I'm suddenly a planet farm and there is nothing I can do to stop it other then destroying the planets myself.

Even a simple update can drastically change the dynamics of the game. I liked the achievements and the top 10 because that didn't change game play, it just gave you a way to show accomplishments.

My main problem is I can't produce DMU because when I do I become a target at the update. I'd like a small window, even just 30 seconds where I could spend the DMU before it can be farmed. I'd still get hit because I am not online 24/7 anymore. But also, I am long past the point where serious combat costs me too much. I can't afford a fight because I lose more planets attacking than I can destroy and I am so big, it takes me forever to gain them back. All it does it make me smaller. I'd like the x5 window to be smaller so it takes longer for new accounts to get big enough to hit me. But I doubt anyone else would go for that so I haven't asked for it. Or change the formula that reduces growth. All my effort on planet production (and DMU production) are wasted at this point because I am so big I can't use them. I'd just like it so that it cost the little guy massing me for fun more than it does now because now, I don't really have a way to strike back. My attacks cost me too much.

Of course, at some point I will give up my size and use my 3 billion planets a day to cause great havok. Its just that no one has made me mad enough yet.
Sol
Forum Addict

tyr_firstborn wrote:
Sol wrote: @tyr, bank idea has been shot down multiple times :P, if you're active you can easily get much much much more dmu upon farming than income, but if you seem to be a farm from many people it may be good to attack back or just kill off your income so you can build a big enough defence and assass.
Not true.

OK, it might be true its been shot down but its not true that you can get much more from farming.

Yes, when you start with 4000 turns you can get a lot of DMU farming, but that is a cache. Suppose you spend it all farming and you have no turns. You will then get 10 turns per update(?). (Is it still 10, I might be out of date there.) Lets suppose you get 15 turns per update. That would mean you'd get one farming attack per update. Does your average farm hit exceed your best DMU income? Mine isn't even close. Based on when people hit me it seems that most people hit for anything over 100 trillion. I am sure an active person who takes the time might even get their average hit to 300 trillion. That's still less then my per update DMU production if I max out. I get 5 trillion with nothing trained and defenses at critical.

If I don't log in twice a day while on full defense and with nothing trained I get farmed. If I train a defense then at some point I will wake up and find I have been massed for no reason, just someone wants to take down a bunch of planets and that gets me nothing. If you allow untrained to be stolen I've got nothing left to do in the game, other then becoming one of the people who goes around destroying anyone. My planet growth is 3 billion/day. If untrained can be stolen I'm suddenly a planet farm and there is nothing I can do to stop it other then destroying the planets myself.
So you get more than 100 t per turn? No wonder why you're a farm xD.
Anyway, yes, I suppose it does rely on how much you expect to to get while hitting and how much you produce, I used to aim for 300 t per hit (probably now 200-250) which usually exceeds most incomes.
But if you expect to keep 4.8 q per day with a def under 70-80 quad then I would be massing you as well :P. My suggestion would be to reduce your income severely so you can build up planets and then, if you plan to live of your income, create a large defence (100 quad) and a large assass (1.5 quad+) and some covert to kill off sabbers, or buy stacks of weps.
tyr_firstborn wrote: I can't afford a fight because I lose more planets attacking than I can destroy and I am so big, it takes me forever to gain them back. All it does it make me smaller.
There lays your problem :P, you want to loose few planets as you can...for what? More income? But you require to sacrifice large amounts in defending a large income. You can't expect to be making over 2 quad a day without drawing attention, or without people wanting you to stay as a farm :P.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Suggestions”