Ascended 'small updates' List

Suggest any improvements
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Re: Ascended 'small updates' List

Juliette wrote:Caprila and myself are slightly voyeuristic, if I read the request for Galactic Logs right. ;) I like it, would be fun to have. Delayed, of course, so you cannot use it as a monitor of sorts, but mainly as reference material. :)
:-k I don't think I worded myself very well then. I blame this god awful essay that's eating my brain.

Global logs have their place, and in a tournament, they fit very well.

It is an amusing concept, to watch other people's battles. But. I would not like it, in any form, to actually come into use for the standard server.

Consider, if you would really like the ability for people to monitor your farm list, how often you hit them and perhaps even the dmu taken / defence.

Consider how much harder it would be to deascend a tough target, if their alliance mates could see the deascension attacks in the global logs, and alert him. Same goes for standard massing. Even a 12 hour delay wouldn't be enough.

However long the day is, all it's going to do, is highlight the people that have recently been massed and have a low defence. Or the people that have been deascended, and when they're going to come off that all important ppt. It's a 'who to farm' list, and I can't see 'our amusement' coming close to being worth it :P

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I might not have read you properly. I blame a need for nutrition.
Works both ways, fair enough. Could see your reasons why not. Though most of that is caught with the delay, imo. :P
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

The only person who mentioned global logs was you Caprila :P
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Clockwork wrote:I'd quite like a live stream of descensions, similar to the kill report that's in the tournaments, I think it would be quite interesting to see what's happening on the ascended plane.
Clockwork wrote:The only person who mentioned global logs was you Caprila :P
I disagree. You're the first one that mentioned it, as far as I can see :)

You brought up the idea of public logs, global logs or 'live streams', however you want to word it. Yes I expanded it to include all types of public logging, but that would be because I think they are all equally bad ideas :)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

All I suggested was a record of who got the 'killing blow' in and descended a target, cant see any problem with that. Won't stop anybody getting descended (since it will already have happened), anyway, I clarified my suggestion in a later post.

Newgrounds has a galactic activity feed that lists most attacks (maybe all types), that does not seem to have had any negative effect on the game. But anyway, I dont think anybody is suggesting similar gets implemented on ascended.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Clockwork wrote:All I suggested was a record of who got the 'killing blow' in and descended a target, cant see any problem with that. Won't stop anybody getting descended (since it will already have happened), anyway, I clarified my suggestion in a later post.

Newgrounds has a galactic activity feed that lists most attacks (maybe all types), that does not seem to have had any negative effect on the game. But anyway, I dont think anybody is suggesting similar gets implemented on ascended.
The reason for that is because attacking people in newgrounds is more of a hindrance than a help.

Compare that to ascended, where attacking people makes or breaks you. Having better farms than other player is an IMMENSE advantage. So, to help mask who's a good farm and who's not (you should be finding that out yourself) I would recommend that if the galactic logs go ahead, that DMU stolen is not part of the info given. Neither should the attacker strike and defender defense.

Despite that, I'm fine with a kill log, as long as it doesn't show the time. The descender should have that knowledge for himself incase he fancies stealing the PPT drop. He earned it.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

Ok, bare with me, this may be quite long,

I do have some points to add for the ideas.

[spoiler]
Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote: As for the ME thing, yea to a certain degree it is about killing stuff but thats not ALL its about. adding ME influences everyone into believing the sole point of the game is to kill planets and piss people off by **Filtered** all over their hard work. which will then slow down activity as people lose intrest in building anything due to some muppet taking it out for no reason other than ME, then untraining so you cant even show them what for...

just a bad idea, there are already those that act this way, but encouraging everyone to do so would kill the server again.
ME on main is sort of all in your face, ME on ascended is linked away. I suppose people want to gauge how well they are doing compared to others.
As for building stats...what else do you plan to do with them :P (save maybe get an achievement or two), if you plan to war, then you can war with the person who massed you.
[/spoiler]

Surely, this would promote the random massings that we saw initially when the ME counters were introduced to main. My Stats are indeed for a number of reasons, to farm, to reach the achievement objectives, and indeed to war. I'd have to agree with Tziki here:
~Tziki~ wrote:ranked ME would destroy ascended and turn it into a competition of who can kill the most / and destroy peoples hard work.
If I could add a Suggestion, Since we seem so set on seeing how we're doing against others, why not copy the idea from the TOC.....specifically..
A scout claims a being exists with a greater TOC than you (Incompetent scout, you are number 1! You lay waste to his body with the shotgun at your side)
It'd alleviate the competition for the #1 place or the #100 place. I don't care who killed the most.
I would like to see where I rank against people I care about though. Give us the ME counter, don't rank it. We could then compare it to each other in private.

Onwards...

[spoiler]
Clockwork wrote:
Sol wrote:
Clockwork wrote: I'd quite like a live stream of descensions, similar to the kill report that's in the tournaments, I think it would be quite interesting to see what's happening on the ascended plane.
Interesting....hmmm...don't think that's a good idea though, it would kill off nearly all chances of players being descended :P. Unless it just states the attacker maybe and the attack/def.
I was more meaning the killing blow, not the individual attacks themselves, no need to include damage or even time, if that's also a problem. Have it update at 00:00 game time and say xyz killed in the last 24 hours, but keep it as a continual record. I'd find it interesting anyway :P

It would expand on the current top 10 descenders, and be a record that granted bragging rights for particularly tough successful descensions.
[/spoiler]

If you're posting only the names of the people who get descended without times and have it update once a day, why not. I don't particularly want people to see that it was me who descended xxxx unless I choose to allow it. Maybe tie this in with the privacy settings with the top 10's.
Jaime Lannister wrote:
Transfer farm list will be loved. :-D

-KJ
Why would you want to transfer your farm list?
More to the point, why should it be allowed, If you can export/import a farm list then it takes that manual aspect from the game,

[spoiler]
tyr_firstborn wrote:Killing untrained directly would be bad as that would affect who you could and could not attack because of the x5 size rule. If you want to stop someone from attacking then untraining them them add something for that. Maybe you can't untrain for 1 or 2 turns after your last attack.

The question is, why can you untrain? If you can untrain for defense then its a part of the game to train, attack and untrain. If you want to disallow that, then disallow untraining. Given that your power is based on your number of planets, there has to be a way you can defend all (or some) of your planets.
[/spoiler]

Or perhaps, just add back the cost for untraining that we used to have. Like you did with the weapons sol, by making it so weapons sell for less, it's less 'economically responsible' to to buy/sell weapons. Do the same thing with untraining planets.

If you untrain anything you lose 5-10% of the planets you're untraining. To keep with the story you could say either that....As they attempt to change their infrastructure, an accident occured which wiped out xx planets. Or. xx planets rebel as you change their societal purpose.
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Too many posts to quote so I'll throw words out on a per issue basis:

Untrained:
Antz has a good idea, instead of costing more dmu, make them cost themselves to untrain.
Another option could be to untrain TO income (instead of normal untrained units), whereby it's free. But obviously untraining from income to untrained units would still impose the death rate.
Which means it forces players to produce income or have a portion die.

Not keen on allowing them to be directly or indirectly destroyed by another player.

Though the above will probably do little for the farming available, so we can still kill two birds with one stone via 'force untrained to become income' for x something, cheaper as the greater the activity of the person.

Global logs....no...not normal attacks at least. I remember someone asking for demi-god logs though (found or removed), could do those, as for descension attack logging, yes without time. I'll scramble the order so there is a few hour 'fuzz'.

@antz, I'll respond to one point :P:
Transferring farm lists will be one way, cut no copy. i.e the person who built it can move it to their new account, but there is now shadow left.

As far as ME goes, it was always a big update to consider, if people want to compare with others then there need not be a ranking, they can already post numbers :P. I'm sure some people would be curious to know how they stack up farming wise which is why I added '- Add best farmer to top ten, per day, per 14 days.' might extend that to 'all time' as well.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

The main one for me would be the following:

SUGGESTION number 1

Set the army cap before the "decreased growth kicks in" lower. And decrease the multiplier where one can hit the bigger account.
Aka 4 times bigger army count can still be hit.

Why?
1. Well it is simple. To give the growth some meaning being bigger doesnt mean you become a bigger farm but is actually worthwhile (not just limiting you)
2- Basically stomps the snipers - as they now are unable to just throw everything into massing and be fine within few days while the targets are crying
3. It actually starts to make wars and massings costly and people start caring about their stats, wars on ascended gain meaning.

Just a few reasons why...

SUGGESTION number 2

Make TOC having a bigger effect. I have been through the suggestions on this one. I will let you decide on it how...just give meaning. It could be => easier to deascend but the deascension itself lasts for less time. Or it could be 2 type of deascension. One being the normal one we know today and the second one being some kind of push back to another plain but the opponent comes back in 2-3 days time.
Could be an effect of TOC on physical stats on ascended for a short durration.
Basically anything which will give it meaning.

Suggestion number 3

Remove the option to spy on others when there are ???????? -> also resulting on dead ghost planets if people try and perhaps decrease the ratio needed to see the naq and army size.
Covert needs to become covert... people will risk more spies to become invisible and risk will be there.
Together with that I might just add that it would not be a bad idea to just up the price on the weapons and planets training thus killing of the "sniper" way of training and untraining planets and weps for fun...
Your decisions need to have a meaning

Suggestion number 4

This one is the new small feature option which I personally think would be fun.
Add the option to strike at someone with a certain high percentage to be unseen (perhaps you need to pay a hafty amount of DMU for it to work for a 5 hits or something of that sort)
However there is a possiblity that you will be noticed and your attempt to try to work under cover will come to an end giving the victim a chance to react.

% could be something like 80% of unseen and 20% seen.

But I would firstly work on suggestion number 1 before even attempting this one because otherwise it may lead to even worse situation we have right now.

I personally believe that we need to start giving ascended server some weight, some essence something meaningful. For people to care about something they should not lose it that easily to whoever...
Tournaments are great for fun and stuff...
But currently people are calling wars in ascended pointless, stats, pointless and see no reason what so ever to build stuff there and to play it.

Give them that reason
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

1. Don't like mentioned changes regarding untrained planets.
There is no ppt on ascended and if you need a few days off the only way not to go on vacation is to untrain planets. Loosing % to do so is painful since the growth is very slow. Forcing them to income will also do no good, because you will be effectively massed and made farm during your absence.

2. Dislike the idea of mentioned military achivements being public. Agreed with statement that it will give your farm list to everybody. More, if the list of kills is given everybody will know that given account will be on ppt, and it is not difficult to count when the ppt wears off. Descending someone to get their income will turn into lottery if you'd be faster then the others.

3. Deascensions having shorter duration could be a good idea.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

B0rg wrote:3. Deascensions having shorter duration could be a good idea.
Or. Do what main does after a server outage, make the post-descension ppt randomised +/- 12 Hours, just to keep people on their toes
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

Or. Do what main does after a server outage, make the post-descension ppt randomised +/- 12 Hours, just to keep people on their toes
That will make descending in order to get dmu worthless.
Not that i consider it a good method of farming but still if someone takes effort in turns and time to do that he should at least know when ppt ends. Still there's no guarantee to get the dmu cause others can be faster.

Besides, the topic was to suggest small thing yet everybody here wants to make changes which will turn ascended upside down, most thinking what THEY want not giving a thought how it will influence the game in general.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Sol
Forum Addict

Chiming in with a quick post after reading a thread, why not give special abilities to races? They seem a bit pointless otherwise. Sure there was the starting powerup differential between races but that is...nothing really noteworthy once you get going. So, yes/no and what?

Personally I'm thinking of the 2 sides of the attack and def on both personal and physical levels, i.e:
Boost to toc (Ajna)
Boost to recover LF (maybe CER as well) (Indu)
Boost to attack/assass (Ori)
Boost to def/cov/income (Tolah)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

SVaRuN wrote:The main one for me would be the following:

SUGGESTION number 1

Set the army cap before the "decreased growth kicks in" lower. And decrease the multiplier where one can hit the bigger account.
Aka 4 times bigger army count can still be hit.

Why?
1. Well it is simple. To give the growth some meaning being bigger doesnt mean you become a bigger farm but is actually worthwhile (not just limiting you)
2- Basically stomps the snipers - as they now are unable to just throw everything into massing and be fine within few days while the targets are crying
3. It actually starts to make wars and massings costly and people start caring about their stats, wars on ascended gain meaning.

Just a few reasons why...

SUGGESTION number 2

Make TOC having a bigger effect. I have been through the suggestions on this one. I will let you decide on it how...just give meaning. It could be => easier to deascend but the deascension itself lasts for less time. Or it could be 2 type of deascension. One being the normal one we know today and the second one being some kind of push back to another plain but the opponent comes back in 2-3 days time.
Could be an effect of TOC on physical stats on ascended for a short durration.
Basically anything which will give it meaning.

Suggestion number 3

Remove the option to spy on others when there are ???????? -> also resulting on dead ghost planets if people try and perhaps decrease the ratio needed to see the naq and army size.
Covert needs to become covert... people will risk more spies to become invisible and risk will be there.
Together with that I might just add that it would not be a bad idea to just up the price on the weapons and planets training thus killing of the "sniper" way of training and untraining planets and weps for fun...
Your decisions need to have a meaning

Suggestion number 4

This one is the new small feature option which I personally think would be fun.
Add the option to strike at someone with a certain high percentage to be unseen (perhaps you need to pay a hafty amount of DMU for it to work for a 5 hits or something of that sort)
However there is a possiblity that you will be noticed and your attempt to try to work under cover will come to an end giving the victim a chance to react.

% could be something like 80% of unseen and 20% seen.

But I would firstly work on suggestion number 1 before even attempting this one because otherwise it may lead to even worse situation we have right now.

I personally believe that we need to start giving ascended server some weight, some essence something meaningful. For people to care about something they should not lose it that easily to whoever...
Tournaments are great for fun and stuff...
But currently people are calling wars in ascended pointless, stats, pointless and see no reason what so ever to build stuff there and to play it.

Give them that reason
Number 1 is too big for the 'small updates' list, good for another thread though, same with number 2 (I think a thread already exists for that? I remember making one or talking about it in one).
Number 3, yeah, probably need to straighten out the ???'s on ascended, does get a bit odd when you can't see anything but can still spy.
Number 4 interesting idea...could tie it in with covert...big covert when attacking = possibility attacker name is ??? in attack log. Might force people to build more covert and give others the opportunity to destroy covert planets.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

@3: Hell no. Adds a sense of adventure. Game isn't just a static 'my number is bigger than yours' that way. :P

Return to “Suggestions”