Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Re: Speed up APP conversion

Clockwork wrote:
Phobetor wrote:
Sol wrote:Fyi it will be changed soon, due to the new ascensions.
That is what I like to hear!
until you find out it's being slowed down :twisted:
Haha that would be funny I would admit lol
Spoiler
frazz
Forum Irregular

There's lots of things that can be done with this

Tied to the following things
Rank
Size
Flat percentage
Set time limits
And many more

However if slowed down then there's no massive incentive to ascend with anything bare min at max

The games are tied there is an economical balance that does have to be kept between farming turn refill is an issue as well

That could be removed turns limits increase generated and held

I do think sol has done a pretty good job with ascended just this is something that needs fixed and has for a while
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Going to be interesting and .. special. :smt047
frazz
Forum Irregular

Support wrote:Going to be interesting and .. special. :smt047

Tease haha
Spoiler
Denis Oman

you scare me!

This will remind you!
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

red1 minshu wrote:something should be done now that the new ascensions are here
So now that more people want it, you admit it needs changing, but because only a select few had argued about it for so long it didnt need changing?

Its a bit disappointing that suddenly this needs addressing, when in reality it always did and went unrecognised, cant help but take that personally.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

If it's any consolation, I still don't think it should be changed, everybody has a choice of either waiting for safe conversion, or taking the turns refresh and 'playing' the game.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite

Clockwork wrote:If it's any consolation, I still don't think it should be changed, everybody has a choice of either waiting for safe conversion, or taking the turns refresh and 'playing' the game.

I will still disagree with that. For some simple reasons.

Now the cost of my account im ascending with on a rought count is 25,4quad on just covert lvls u,p around 200tri. So lets just call that 26quad.

Now to ascend that now gives 3,3bil lf that gives u 2,075tri LF.

Now you can buy DMU at 1-1 so really ur already losing some there cus u shoudl be getting 2,600LF if you was to buy just dmu. That LF comes instant.

Thats one way of looking at it.

But i know im over an adv farmer but quite a few have started picking up there pace too instead of just slacking.

In just over 2 and half yrs i have farmed almost 60quint dmu thats 6,000 LF.

But the converting at current rate of dmu for a 1/3 would take 3,345 days thats Just over 9 yrs.

So something that takes 9 yrs to covert , when u can farm 3 times more in just 2,5 yrs. Seems it needs fixing slightly.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

I will say this now so you don't get your hopes up. The general balance of time v app will be maintained. I.e. expect to get less if it comes faster.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
reborn
Forum Elite

So if its going back to old way, like a few things in main has, why dont we get the convert all button back too?

Ive already showed even at current APP , its better to buy DMU than spend naq in main on your account to boost ascended. By a little bit.

What your saying is, just dont spend naq at all now in main if u want better ascended just buy DMU.

Spending naq on your account in main was meant to help ascended, with less its dont spend anything on your main account.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
frazz
Forum Irregular

Sol wrote:I will say this now so you don't get your hopes up. The general balance of time v app will be maintained. I.e. expect to get less if it comes faster.
thing is people do have massive amounts of naq tied up in covert levels etc on main when i came back i suggested ascended lvls should be opened up even then but in the last year and bit due to wars the covert levels have increased

there has to be some incentive to actually ascend at the moment there is none

why should i ascend just use main on ppt runs to get gnr and turn refill and farm more on ascended

the balance has to be there so both servers are played to full potential otherwise risk killing one off or the other

the rate it drops is to slow again i mentioned this when i came back

I was going to ascend tonight but not going to anymore untill this is sorted
Last edited by frazz on Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Denis Oman

you scare me!

This will remind you!
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

That also means, that when your being forced to have higher stats to ascend, and invest more, your then going to force people to either lose that naq completely and lose all the APP so you can continue farming and growing at an acceptable rate.

Or you can just not ascend.

Im sorry SoL, but your logic is now beyond silly.
Your actually influencing both servers by refusing to acknowledge that the APP conversion rate holds people back instead of helping them, and with the new update will actually hold people back even more. Either by them not wanting to ascend and lose main stats and gain nothing for it on ascended, or by knowing if they do gain a nice amount of APP, then they have to be a lot less active on ascended becaues they cant utilise as many turns as other players who arent restricted by their APP and Turn's generation.

So.. do you want people to play ascended? because now your making all your hard work into tournaments irrelevant when people can no longer compete fairly unless they have sacrifice the investment that main demands they sacrifice.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
ombre
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Searching for
Race: Ori

I would suggest that the APP conversion should be faster for smaller or weaker accounts compare to big ones. This way it would have time to catch the others.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Hi guys!

Go here to read the current stance and progress statement of our revision of APP and APP conversion.

We are archiving this thread, including its many great ideas and substantial feedback. Discussion of the coming updates and ideas presented in that thread can take place in the new thread.

Return to “Suggestions”