Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
RubberDuck
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE

Re: Speed up APP conversion

Sol wrote:
RubberDuck wrote:
Okay... so in your words id never catch up..... then why bother with this slow conversion....
Say we have 2 players that are identical in their farming expenditure and gains, player A started the game before player B, say 2 years before.
Now as player A increases their personals and fleets, costs become significantly more expensive. So player B can reach a stage where they can compete with player A on a battlefield. e.g. player A has 1500 physicals, it wouldn't be a far-cry for player B to mass player A with 1300 physicals, which isn't that hard to get.
The theoretical 'never catch up' part comes into play because they reap they same dmu and expend the same amount when they farm so logically player B will never surpass player A. (Assuming they're building the same things as well).
There's a plethora of assumptions like dmu:turn ratios, and complete activity etc. But the fact is you can't expect to 'catch up' and pass a person that has been playing for years. You can easily complete though (which might be what you meant by catch up....).

The thing is, if I allow people to hit up 100 trill a month, everyone who hasn't fully ascended will get a massive boost quickly and probably surpass others which have been playing for quite a few years. Which is of course, unfair.
RubberDuck wrote: and as the turns go notice i said only twice a month its not overkill its just makes more sense rather then not haveing turns and a dead account to be able to play more considering we use turns for spying for attacking and even in wreckages.
If I'm not mistaken the calcs where based on converting once every 2 weeks, which is just about 2 times a month (28 days)....

As far as wreckages go, I'm flipping up a few ideas anyway, like a turns duality similar to main. Specific wreckage turns and normal turns or something.
Id be for that personal turns vs wreckage.... however i cant agree with the app... only bc a. Apparently it was okay in the past for those players to do it however now that new people are following this trail they laid its not okay.... however i must say i dont think its to much to ask that we can get a little more app then now honestly its just a lil to long and ki da defets the purpose....i understand its not meant to be the only thing yo build but to supplment however whats the point of supplement if i in theory could farm more then i can convert....
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Current ascenders have a sweet deal as it is with the huge amount of LFC you can get from your APP. Old ascended accounts never had anything close to the amount of APP / LF a newer account has now, simply because until SOL became the Admin/Dev on ascended, the amount of LF you got from APP was pitiful, ascending with anything more than the minimum requirements on main was a complete waste, the polar opposite to present day.

Your given a choice, you can sit there in easy mode converting X amount of huge APP pools a turn for free LFC at no risk, or you can choose to burn that fat APP pool and convert it to Turns to 'play' the game and either farm large amounts of DMU or readjust somebody's stats.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

You r wrong there clockwork, but its like beating head against a brick wall, so ive stopped.

The APP u can get per day/week is nothing to what u can farm if u had turn refill.

I myself would just convert all what I have left for turn refill but im stubborn , I paid for it so I want it.

But the fact of the matter is its better to ascend with **Filtered** all and farm it with turn refill instead as u will b better off, due to the amount of time it takes to convert.

U can farm about 120quad every 2 weeks with a turn refill or if u sat with app converting lets just say with 17 bil planets that's giving 15 bil per turn that comes to 10 tri LF

so that's 12tri LF farming vs 10 tri if u sat and done **Filtered** all.

As said ages ago but no one listens it better to ascend with **Filtered** all and just use turn refill.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote:
U can farm about 120quad every 2 weeks with a turn refill or if u sat with app converting lets just say with 17 bil planets that's giving 15 bil per turn that comes to 10 tri LF
The person converting APP ALSO HAS 2 weeks worth of turns.
It will boil down to 2 weeks worth of turns + refill vs. 2 weeks worth of turns + APP converting.

If you can farm 120 quad with 2 weeks of turns (8000 turns) + a refill (4000) then you average 150 t per 15 AT hit.
So that's 10 trill (app) + 8 trill (turns) vs. 12 trill (all turns) - 50% more than what you would get from the turn conversions with less work.

And I concur with clockwork.
There will come a point when you MIGHT just be better off farming. But until that point you're doing far better farming normally + converting. As a small account, the LF you get from APP would be absolutely massive, and that is the main point of it all, for them to get into the game.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
reborn
Forum Elite

Adv hit is 400 tri sol, that's per 13.

So that's 0.4*307 = 122q

Now that's just 4k turns, now they also get the normal turns as such person would get if getting app

So the only difference is the ppl that can use turn refill and ppl that cant.

That's what u can get using turn refill, I get far more than that from 4k turns, so worked it on the lower amount.

Don't think that's possible your more than welcome to look at my muti farm log almost nothing is under 400 tri and most is 600-700 tri per 13, I use up all turns plus turn refill and there is days I wont attack because ive used them all long before refill is back up.

And what u get for 17 bil planets is what I said 10 tri LF.

Maybe 150tri was adv last yr, its not any more.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote:Adv hit is 400 tri sol, that's per 13.

So that's 0.4*307 = 122q

Now that's just 4k turns, now they also get the normal turns as such person would get if getting app

So the only difference is the ppl that can use turn refill and ppl that cant.

That's what u can get using turn refill, I get far more than that from 4k turns, so worked it on the lower amount.

Don't think that's possible your more than welcome to look at my muti farm log almost nothing is under 400 tri and most is 600-700 tri per 13, I use up all turns plus turn refill and there is days I wont attack because ive used them all long before refill is back up.

And what u get for 17 bil planets is what I said 10 tri LF.

Maybe 150tri was adv last yr, its not any more.
You said
U can farm about 120quad every 2 weeks with a turn refill
So I based it on that.

400 trill is about 107 quad (320 quad per week) for 4k turns, so 10.7 trill lf vs. 10 trill from from app at the average planet count.
So 320 quad a week is about top 8 farmers, as I've said previously, I'm not going to just up how much APP people should get just because the top ten active farmers are SLIGHTLY better than what you get from conversions.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
reborn
Forum Elite

Ppl have paid a lot of their APP though, turn refill is free.

Ppl with Turn refill can ascend with nothing will be better off as they have all that spare naq while they can get almost same amount of app if they farm.

Not that I care any more my APP is almost finished.
Spoiler

Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote:Ppl have paid a lot of their APP though, turn refill is free.
You get LF from APP by doing nothing, you have to farm to get dmu. If you're not a good farmer, or if you're starting off, you would never bother going for a free turn refill, because you will always get so much more from APP.
But people paying a lot for their APP is the problem. No one wants people ascending with huge accounts (from $$ or not) to gain heaps of LF on ascended. It's too easy to build anything on main.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
reborn
Forum Elite

Maybe u could do something that's inbetween what ppl want , and what I can c your trying to put across. I do agree ppl shouldn't b able to ascend and get it all so quick but there must b some middle ground :)

Maybe were turn refill is they can still use to but say pay 500k App every 2 weeks, that will give them 4k turns but these turns r like on main personal turns and can only b used in weackages.

App could b more or less but maybe something to think about.
Spoiler

Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote: Maybe were turn refill is they can still use to but say pay 500k App every 2 weeks, that will give them 4k turns but these turns r like on main personal turns and can only b used in weackages.

App could b more or less but maybe something to think about.
Therein lays the problem. How much?
It gets too hard to find a dynamic costing and using a single number is just stupid. If it's too high then half of the people won't ever convert because it's just too expensive - better to let it convert to LF, too low and it becomes ludicrously unfair to everyone who doesn't have APP - I've shown a few times already you get more from letting it convert slowly without anything being touched.

So a static cost is out of the question, and a dynamic cost....based on what? How much an account farms? Easy enough to abuse, same with planet counts. It's practically impossible.

It has to be an all or nothing, where the costing can be focused on something independent - natural regen (app).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
RubberDuck
Fledgling Forumer

Honestly... just my view just double the current app conversion rate would be fine....
Also... back to the app turn like josh said give us the option yo buy turns with x amount of app say 50k app so those of us with the app dont have to lose all of it that we did earn while also not haveing to sit did bc we dont have turns... just think it would be benifcal adding to more active players rathern then just use your daily turns do nothing for a week because you have no turns.
Sol
Forum Addict

RubberDuck wrote:just think it would be benifcal adding to more active players rathern then just use your daily turns do nothing for a week because you have no turns.
Everyone will always be out of turns. Throwing more turns at people wont help, not unless turns refill completely at turn change.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
RubberDuck
Fledgling Forumer

Sol wrote:
RubberDuck wrote:just think it would be benifcal adding to more active players rathern then just use your daily turns do nothing for a week because you have no turns.
Everyone will always be out of turns. Throwing more turns at people wont help, not unless turns refill completely at turn change.
So rather people play the game by useing app for xtra turns
Most if not all the active players run out why not give us the ability to gsin a xtra set bc 3 weeks waiting isnt worth loseing all your app. And honestly there just isnt enough turn generation i personally havent seen more then 300 turns in over 3 weeks bc upon login i burn them up in a matter if mere mins. It cant hurt the game makes it more active yes its alresdy more active then the action in main buy it can become so much more if we had more scess to turns..
reborn
Forum Elite

Sol wrote: Therein lays the problem. How much?
It gets too hard to find a dynamic costing and using a single number is just stupid. If it's too high then half of the people won't ever convert because it's just too expensive - better to let it convert to LF, too low and it becomes ludicrously unfair to everyone who doesn't have APP - I've shown a few times already you get more from letting it convert slowly without anything being touched.

So a static cost is out of the question, and a dynamic cost....based on what? How much an account farms? Easy enough to abuse, same with planet counts. It's practically impossible.

It has to be an all or nothing, where the costing can be focused on something independent - natural regen (app).
I know u said using a single number is stupid but im not to sure. Atm ppl can use 1 market turn in main so they can get there turn refill 1 week quicker.

So that's 250k APP they get.

So how about make it were everyone can use it on another button were they just get person turns for only wrecks. Button can only be used 2 or 3 weeks, costs 750k APP.

Or can do as u said base it on natural APP u get due to size but that could end up costing some ppl more market turns I think than others. Not really sure tbh not worked it out :D

That way everyone can get it and its only once every 2 or 3 weeks , uses up more market turns in main , and may even get ppl spending $$ on merlins instead, if they have planets to protect.

Maybe ppl wont use it at all maybe some will.
Spoiler

Slim87R
Forum Expert

Honestly, the App conversion rate is fine, just don't ascend with a stupid amount of App to convert. Back before I got massed down with alot of other first pagers I was actually converting almost 900B a day. So don't ascend with enough to do a 100T conversion, do maybe 20-30T (Still plenty good boost to an ascended account) and have it convert in under a month (assuming your size is right to do that). It could be raised a little if you guys provide a good enough argument to get Sol to change it, but here is another perspective on limiting App conversion: Money. There is no ascended black market, though it is possible to sell DMU on your own. Limiting App conversion makes it harder to buy your way to the top.

Return to “Suggestions”