Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Speed up APP conversion

Borek wrote:Because the chances are the people with the greatest need for APP conversion are the ones with the levels in military and personal to be unable to effectively protect their stats. This would help the accounts that do not NEED helping and make it harder for those that do.
An excellent point to be sure, but this is why I suggested it be based on a percentage not by an amount. So someone with 2B planets could potentially get the same benefit as someone with 25B planets. It is just a thought.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Your suggestions has already been mentioned in the first post of the thread, giving a flat % every 3 months (returning the instant convert buut for only 20% and on a 3 month timer) + continuing as it is now.

But its good that you have reached a similar conclusion. Now if only SoL would see sense and reach it too...
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

~Tziki~ wrote:Your suggestions has already been mentioned in the first post of the thread, giving a flat % every 3 months (returning the instant convert buut for only 20% and on a 3 month timer) + continuing as it is now.

But its good that you have reached a similar conclusion. Now if only SoL would see sense and reach it too...
Not the same thing as what I was suggesting. I don't suggest a flat percentage, but a percentage based on how much building you have done. If 80% of your planets are built up, then you get an 80% bonus. A flat percentage in the way you are talking would get you the same amount converted regardless of if your account is built or all untrained.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

if anything that just encourages you to again have no planets and use them all massing others randomly/sniping, or punish others for being big and provide targets for those sniper style people...

Which again, forces you to play a certain style of gameplay, which was already mentioned as a no go.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

~Tziki~ wrote:if anything that just encourages you to again have no planets and use them all massing others randomly/sniping, or punish others for being big and provide targets for those sniper style people...

Which again, forces you to play a certain style of gameplay, which was already mentioned as a no go.
That makes no sense. Ajna is the most well rounded, so we are being forced to play ajna! That is what you sound like. My way has pros and cons so it forces nothing. It discourages snipers, so what you said is opposite of what would happen.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Slim87R wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:if anything that just encourages you to again have no planets and use them all massing others randomly/sniping, or punish others for being big and provide targets for those sniper style people...

That makes no sense. Ajna is the most well rounded, so we are being forced to play ajna! That is what you sound like. My way has pros and cons so it forces nothing. It discourages snipers, so what you said is opposite of what would happen.
Ajna, Tolah, Ori, Indu.. its irelevant. These stats gained when you ascend are only on your initial ascention. After that its all down to where you put your LFC into.

So no, we arent forced to play any race, its just a matter of style and name preference.
to start, im Ori, Not ajna. Because it sounds better. And yet my account is well balanced.
--------
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Oldest active suggestion thread?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:Oldest active suggestion thread?
That would be this one.

As the suggestion is still yet to be applied, despite several long drawn out obvious reasons why it should, + a majority community vote.
--------
frazz
Forum Irregular

see I am in the camp that this needs increased as I have worked pretty hard to build my main account to a level that would return a decent amount of app

but I have ran out of app on ascended an I am in the camp that do I ascend or do I not and just use the turn refill I could have 300 mill app to drop if I ascend but whats the point I can farm more with the turns refill every 3 weeks

so I work hard in main to build the up and covert lvls that give me a boost on ascended and remembering I didn't play for 4 years and missed the instant conversion

so this limit stifles my growth on main as well as on ascended as I prefer ascended, if I ascend I have wasted the hard work on my main account and the app will take ridiculous amounts of time to drop into my account

also I lose the unit production and lvls on main I have built up tho I don't farm as much there anymore its boring in times of war tho

borek is probably the closest to being right it shouldn't be so much about size but about time to drop if it was 3 months that would make sense its still a long time to go without turn refill

the current system enables those who have already ascended the fortune to be able to use turn refill evey 2 weeks to increase lvls so those who wish to build on main to help there ascended account CANT as they cant use the turn refill they will continuously fall behind

so heres an off the cuff suggestion I hate micro transactions but has been spoke about before

you offer in main to ascend lvls for $10 with out app just boost to main

why not offer the same for those ascending which allows them 50% of app to convert to lf and the rest to drop over a 3 months period and no ascension in that time scales for $20

yes we don't want it to be a $$ game but it is already go to the forums and you see players selling dmu for $$ all the time this would cust it out and at least make the game some money as well

it will also encourage others to build more in main
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Slim87R
Forum Expert

~Tziki~ wrote:
Slim87R wrote:

Ajna, Tolah, Ori, Indu.. its irelevant. These stats gained when you ascend are only on your initial ascention. After that its all down to where you put your LFC into.

So no, we arent forced to play any race, its just a matter of style and name preference.
to start, im Ori, Not ajna. Because it sounds better. And yet my account is well balanced.
That isn't true. You get more LF converted the larger you are so it wouldn't encourage you to have no planets. It only encourages activity and in no way forces you to choose a play style. a hunter would get the same as an assassin or sabateur. You can build any way you like. The only thing it discourages is leaving everything untrained and getting larger through inaction and taking advantage of the size bonus (current style which forces you into a play style by your logic - inactivity). Basically, if you are OK with the size bonus but not with the build percentage bonus because it "forces a playstyle", you are a hypocrite and part of the problem.

Edit: Also if this was applied, I highly doubt it would be linear, but modeled somewhat based on the size bonus where you get the majority bonus gain between say 10 and 50% (10%=5% of bonus amount linear/curved up to 50% = 95% of bonus amount), then a trickle bonus amount after 50% up to 100% of the bonus amount (100% of the bonus amount, not a 100% bonus BTW).
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Slim87R wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Slim87R wrote:

That isn't true. You get more LF converted the larger you are so it wouldn't encourage you to have no planets. It only encourages activity and in no way forces you to choose a play style. a hunter would get the same as an assassin or sabateur. You can build any way you like. The only thing it discourages is leaving everything untrained and getting larger through inaction and taking advantage of the size bonus (current style which forces you into a play style by your logic - inactivity). Basically, if you are OK with the size bonus but not with the build percentage bonus because it "forces a playstyle", you are a hypocrite and part of the problem.

Edit: Also if this was applied, I highly doubt it would be linear, but modeled somewhat based on the size bonus where you get the majority bonus gain between say 10 and 50% (10%=5% of bonus amount linear/curved up to 50% = 95% of bonus amount), then a trickle bonus amount after 50% up to 100% of the bonus amount (100% of the bonus amount, not a 100% bonus BTW).
Your really not getting it are you.

You cant have it depend on any variation that revolves around how you run your account / planet stats.
If it relies on anything like that, you are influencing/forcing people to play a set way just to get something that should be given to them without having to compensate for. Your asking them to increase planets, or decrease planets or perform x amount of attacks. It means they are forced to stop their plans, their wars, their farming, their stat building, their sniping or any other play style you can think of, in order to cater to how this new method of conversion demands.

It should not demand you to act any other way, but how you personally want to.

The point is, it already forces you not to farm as much and stops you playing on a level footing with others. They can use double the turns you can, and the old numbers in this thread are outdated, as now people are farming even more with 4k AT's then previously, which means the 1t cache a day you can get (which you dont, because even with 40b planets you dont get 1t cache/day) that equates to 10q DMU actually inhibits the amount you can farm, and therefore how much you can compete with others.

The current system already forces you to be unable to compete with others. And the answer isnt "just hit the refill AT's button then"

Then your saying people should lose out all their hard work on main and ascended, all they invested from the past, so they can move forward in the future. Your preventing people who invested time and effort from progressing into the future stages of their account growth by forcing them not to use this refill button.

So if nothing else, you should remove the APP connection with this button, and use another currency or a simple timer. It is not that difficult to add a timer to the button, compared to spending a resource thats generated over time. There is a turn change time in real time like a stopwatch, so you can easily add the same to the trade button.

But that only fixes people being forced to fall behind. That still doesnt solve how pitiful the APP conversion rate is.

And if none of the reasons given already are enough, how about the simple reason that
"we just want it, ok?"
Look at the poll - 80% have voted to speed it up. thats 80% that your disappointing by just ignoring over sheer stubborness and arrogance. If those people are ignored, what happens to the game? If customers/clients arent happy, what do they do?

By continuing to refuse to adapt to consumer demand, your going to kill off activity levels, interest, loyalty and ultimately the player base.

Stop posturing, procrastinating, and being a stubborn ass. And do what the majority of people have asked.
--------
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt
Race: Dæmon
ID: 5318008
Alternate name(s): Vladamier

So 2 hours to read through that lump of accusations with large posts. Did not realize a few things that I now know, reason for the change in this post.

Now, yes I still believe the current conversion is too slow; however, I do agree with the reasons for the trickle. And I understand why the complaint's are so vast and many. The players are coming from a server with it's own trade system that they have learned to use and increase their accounts and then find themselves with restricted options.

Basically they cbf to learn a new game. The fact is, on main, a brand new account can start earning GnR within minutes of creation; and not only that, have a few hundred million army within hours. I've seen acc's with over 100b/t sitting in the lower ranks and others with over 1m daily up. A little knowledge and boom, within 5 days you have an acc ready to ascend for minimal app.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Sol is trying to make the ascended server a more you have to actually play to gain, type of game. No $$ for anything market means you can't have 1st place without playing the game. No where in the game can you buy anything to increase your account even with the resources you have. Except when you trade DMU for LF. But that requires you to actually play the game(excluding those that do cross server trading).

No one wants to put actual effort and time into anything anymore, they just want the quickest possible route. But that's a complaint for a completely different topic.

I will however make a suggestion, leave the rates as they are; but with this one exception, the less app you have the faster it converts. Small ascensions will get all their LF faster, and those who build for max app still hafta wait. Of course as pointed out previously...
Sol wrote:400b lf is more than enough for a new acc
So set it to kick in later on, after the account has had time to grow physically. Have it set up like one of the achievements, it's something you'll eventually be able to get to. could be setup like...
200% of minimum app per ascension converts at 1.1x
160% of minimum at 1.2x
120% of minimum at 1.35x
80% of minimum at 1.55x
40% of minimum at 1.8

When you dump a bottle the last little bit falls out at highest speed after all. And that is my suggestion.

I won't feel right if I don't add this...
Sol wrote:The votes don't even account for a tenth of the active users. Even so, I bet nearly all of the yes voters have app and the no voters do not.
^^ Just wanna point out I voted yes and used the app from my last ascension for the turns. Was able to farm for more LF than the slow convert would have yielded. Of course Sol said that a few years ago about how the server was then :-D
Alliances
2011-12
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Slaanesh wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Sol is trying to make the ascended server a more you have to actually play to gain, type of game. No $$ for anything market means you can't have 1st place without playing the game. No where in the game can you buy anything to increase your account even with the resources you have. Except when you trade DMU for LF. But that requires you to actually play the game(excluding those that do cross server trading).
You are mistaken.

You can very easily find players that sell DMU for Naq. WHich means you can spend $$ to buy naq, and then trade it all for DMU. So the idea that keeping $$ spending off ascended is void. It happens.

Your talking about people not putting the effort into the game, but then your first suggestion is to punish those that put the effort into building their main account to gain more APP, and therefore help their ascended. Which takes a lot of effort to farm/build etc. Whilst some might spend $$ for it, others dont. And then it takes a long time to ascend so many times with good stats. Which AGAIN is a lot of time and effort.

So your argument about helping those who put effort in, is completely contradicted by your proposition to punish those with more APP.

APP -> LFC is designed to help you build your account. Right now, it restricts your account because of the speed of conversion, and inability to take fortnightly AT's. And your additional idea punishes those that invest more to gain more. Which means its not helping, its punishing.
--------
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

you know i just thought about it and i think i have the solution for it :D

and its pretty simple

instead of those flat numbers which are now, make the conversion dynamic (well its still kinda flat but the amounts are dynamic)

the idea is to convert 1% app daily from what a player has. So at the start conversion is faster and people get more, and in the end its slower, but thats where the player can decide to convert the leftovers for turns and wont get it all but will have the advantage of getting more lf at start :)

As it would let those who have lots of app convert most of it in just like a year, cause in a year you could convert about 98% of your app, and in half a year you would convert like 84% of your app, and then in the end its up to them to decide when they want to play actively and lose what they had there for the turns.

as it would be like if someone has 100k app they would get 1k converted to lf on first day, then on a second day it would be only 99k left so would be only 999 app converted and so on :) i rly think its a brilliant idea ;)
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
reborn
Forum Elite

Great idea im sure i said to Sol same thing either here or on skype :D, but idk maybe more saying it would be great.

Either way i dont care any more i had to do the $$$ route cus i didnt feel like w8ing 20 years if i carried on the way i was of doing it.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Suggestions”