Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Re: Speed up APP conversion

well i dont care as well as my all ascentions were finished ages ago :D but thought maybe it might help some noobs
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I always thought it was unfair how we did all of our ascensions with instant APP conversion, whereas now when newbies need to catch up they have to wait months.

It's a bit backwards and i'd be in support of speeding up the conversion, even though i've done all of my ascensions too.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Norbe wrote:I always thought it was unfair how we did all of our ascensions with instant APP conversion, whereas now when newbies need to catch up they have to wait months.
Your forgetting that the conversion ratio of APP to LFC was greatly increased making it actually worth while ascending with large amounts of resources to gain APP.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

D3ath wrote:
instead of those flat numbers which are now, make the conversion dynamic (well its still kinda flat but the amounts are dynamic)

the idea is to convert 1% app daily from what a player has. So at the start conversion is faster and people get more, and in the end its slower, but thats where the player can decide to convert the leftovers for turns and wont get it all but will have the advantage of getting more lf at start :)

Your right, this would be a perfectly acceptable solution. It was also proposed. It was also ignored/rejected. With no reason. Just "i dont want to change unless it suits me and how i want things to be."
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt
Race: Dæmon
ID: 5318008
Alternate name(s): Vladamier

[spoiler]
Slaanesh wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Sol is trying to make the ascended server a more you have to actually play to gain, type of game. No $$ for anything market means you can't have 1st place without playing the game. No where in the game can you buy anything to increase your account even with the resources you have. Except when you trade DMU for LF. But that requires you to actually play the game(excluding those that do cross server trading).
[/spoiler]
~Tziki~ wrote:You are mistaken.

You can very easily find players that sell DMU for Naq. WHich means you can spend $$ to buy naq, and then trade it all for DMU. So the idea that keeping $$ spending off ascended is void. It happens.
First off, the only one who can tell me I'm mistaken on that is Sol. Secondly, anyone can trade resources in any game for resources in another. I could trade my DMU or Naq for resources for other games, not just the gatewars ones. So, the only true way to drop cash for resources is to have a single player game. Or remove the capture resource functionality of the game.
~Tziki~ wrote:Your talking about people not putting the effort into the game, but then your first suggestion is to punish those that put the effort into building their main account to gain more APP, and therefore help their ascended. Which takes a lot of effort to farm/build etc. Whilst some might spend $$ for it, others dont. And then it takes a long time to ascend so many times with good stats. Which AGAIN is a lot of time and effort.

So your argument about helping those who put effort in, is completely contradicted by your proposition to punish those with more APP.

APP -> LFC is designed to help you build your account. Right now, it restricts your account because of the speed of conversion, and inability to take fortnightly AT's. And your additional idea punishes those that invest more to gain more. Which means its not helping, its punishing.
Took me 2 hours to farm 300m UU, turn change farm ~2t every turn change. My minimal hits are 275k/15ats and 120b/15ats I have a 3 page farm list. I can get 3,780 ats a week plus the normal generation. Each ascension gives 10k ats. I, as a casual gamer, can achieve your big ascension, at least once a month. Not spending cash and not trading for resources. Those big ascensions don't take as much effort as you try to make it seem. But regardless, you'll tell me I'm wrong and state your opinion.

My post was in agreement with your argument: Conversion rates are too slow. Ascended accounts bigger than 10b planets benefit more from smaller ascensions, because the turns produce more LFC from DMU farming than the APP conversion. Everything I just said can be used to argue why the conversion is to o slow, and yet without me pointing it out here, and maybe even with it, you'd argue with what I have to say.

So what If my suggestion was a bad one? It is after all just a suggestion.
Alliances
2011-12
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Slaanesh wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:Your talking about people not putting the effort into the game, but then your first suggestion is to punish those that put the effort into building their main account to gain more APP, and therefore help their ascended. Which takes a lot of effort to farm/build etc. Whilst some might spend $$ for it, others dont. And then it takes a long time to ascend so many times with good stats. Which AGAIN is a lot of time and effort.

So your argument about helping those who put effort in, is completely contradicted by your proposition to punish those with more APP.

APP -> LFC is designed to help you build your account. Right now, it restricts your account because of the speed of conversion, and inability to take fortnightly AT's. And your additional idea punishes those that invest more to gain more. Which means its not helping, its punishing.
Took me 2 hours to farm 300m UU, turn change farm ~2t every turn change. My minimal hits are 275k/15ats and 120b/15ats I have a 3 page farm list. I can get 3,780 ats a week plus the normal generation. Each ascension gives 10k ats. I, as a casual gamer, can achieve your big ascension, at least once a month. Not spending cash and not trading for resources. Those big ascensions don't take as much effort as you try to make it seem. But regardless, you'll tell me I'm wrong and state your opinion.
The kinda of ascentions im talking about, require a lot more than your example.

Im talking 750k-1m UP
min of 36/36 coverts

The cost required to actually ascend with the above stats.
getting that UP each time, takes a lot of time/effort farming. With your 2t a turn, it would take you quite some time to farm the naq needed to reach those levels.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt

Absolutely, it would. Now take my 3 page farm list at 2t a turn change and up that to a 25 page list and its 16t. lower your standards to 100b and my 3 page list gains closer to 3t, which would make the 25 page closer to 24t. 1.2 quad all of a sudden becomes easier to get. Now I don't know how much the 1m up costs off hand but say you averaged 50t a day from farming, 21 days is all it takes to reach the 36/36 1 gnr per turn takes 21 days. Yes a lot of effort for a casual gamer, but not nearly as much as you want it to seem. Which is why i said, I could do it once a month, but it doesn't fit my play style, which is why i don't. And yes if you count the turns it comes up with having to buy ats which cost's naq in player trades, but then current market rates are in a way you could make 50b per 120b 15 at hit with buying those 15 ats used. of course lets say you spent some time before building, and just farming you could easily buy thousands upon thousands of personals and then you don't hafta wait for the sale and it's still easy.
I sell my ats because I don't plan on using them for all the farming required, which is why I don't do that much farming. I don't think other people shouldn't benefit from putting forth the effort into their accounts. But again, it was harder to build those accounts 5 years ago than it is today. My example was not a how I ascend, not in my post was an example of an ascension. A simple stating of facts on how easy it is to acquire the resources. The only one of which is Naq and I just explained it doesn't take much effort to do. please actually read what i write before arguing with it.
Alliances
2011-12
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

your making the assumption that there are 690 people making over 100b naq per turn, every turn. Thats not realistic. Sure there are a good few that make decent naq.

I have over 100 pages, and at most ive made over 100t in a single turn, but i dont get that EVERY turn. Maybe i can get 25t a turn, but then i start to notice if i farm every turn for say 8 hours when im off work, i start to get like 5t a turn because people havent regenerated the naq.

So whilst its possible to farm a substantial amount in 1 turn, its not realistic to expect to do it every turn, every day.
--------
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt

Sorry, I have history from other similar games, and from that history I go off of their recommendation's of logging in every 8 hours or 3 times a day. Say you wake up at 6am, you farm a turn, work 8 hours, farm a turn, and then 6-7 hours later you farm a turn before bed. Sitting and farming every tc was not what I meant. I farm a tc, watch an hour long episode of a tv show or a movie, then farm a tc, on my days off work. the first suggestion is used on days I work. And as you stated, you can farm 5t at the end of your 8 hours of straight tc farming. My post said 50t a day. your example just said you make ~100t(25+5*15) in 8 hours or 16 tc's. Twice what I had listed.
If you logged in 3 times a day, at least 6 hours apart, you could most likely get close to, if not more than, spending 8 hours straight farming. And it uses fewer turns, because your letting your farms give you bigger hits rather than scrapping the bottom of the barrel every turn.
The people I've played with on those other games would ostricise you from an active alliance for 8 hours straight game play. But regardless of that, It still is possible to get those big ascensions every month. Whether you spend 8 hours straight farming or not. I want your app conversion increase to happen so please stop helping me prove my point on how easy it is to get app.
Alliances
2011-12
red1 minshu
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Omega, Delta
Race: Tok'ra
ID: 1995996

something should be done now that the new ascensions are here
frazz
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I think the flat rate percentage overtime is a good from death

Even something similar to cosmic expansion the more you have the faster it comes down and slows the less you have

There's reasons o not upset the economic balance but there's ways around it as well
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Sol
Forum Addict

Fyi it will be changed soon, due to the new ascensions.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Sol wrote:Fyi it will be changed soon, due to the new ascensions.
Yaldi! :smt060
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

That is what I like to hear!
Spoiler
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Phobetor wrote:
That is what I like to hear!
until you find out it's being slowed down :twisted:
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Suggestions”