Difference between Ascended Races

Suggest any improvements
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Difference between Ascended Races

Copied over from the 'small updates thread'
Sol wrote:Chiming in with a quick post after reading a thread, why not give special abilities to races? They seem a bit pointless otherwise. Sure there was the starting powerup differential between races but that is...nothing really noteworthy once you get going. So, yes/no and what?

Personally I'm thinking of the 2 sides of the attack and def on both personal and physical levels, i.e:
Boost to toc (Ajna)
Boost to recover LF (maybe CER as well) (Indu)
Boost to attack/assass (Ori)
Boost to def/cov/income (Tolah)
I like that idea a lot. Would allow people to 'specalise' more and encourage team work, as well as making your race more than a RP choice.

Would certainly make the next race war a lot more interesting don't you think ;)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Difference between Ascended Races

Oh well yea that's should be interesting :) And remove that Mybe :)
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Mmmm, interesting.

Would you be throwing in a penalty free race change if you implement this idea Sol? (Current race change costs you ~70% of your planets).

What kind of boost are you thinking about? Similar to what you get from a Demi? 1-5%?
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

no, don't need a ToC boost, and how would that help in any of the Tourneys? Having a great ToC didn't help ETL against the Butcher.
Besides most regular players know how to build their accounts to be practically undecendable so it would be a toothless and worthless bonus.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

fem fatale wrote:no, don't need a ToC boost, and how would that help in any of the Tourneys? Having a great ToC didn't help ETL against the Butcher.
Besides most regular players know how to build their accounts to be practically undecendable so it would be a toothless and worthless bonus.
Honestly, is it possible for you to have a positive attitude at all? Or at least give constructive criticism.

I personally think it's a great update, who cares if it's 'toothless' it gives us some diversity to our accounts.. and gives the currently pointless races a meaning. I think the bonus should be fairly small but noticable. Perhaps they should be sided with a weakness like Demis.

This must have been brought up before... :smt117
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:no, don't need a ToC boost, and how would that help in any of the Tourneys? Having a great ToC didn't help ETL against the Butcher.
Herp da derp, just choose a different race then.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Bumpsies :smt060

If you don't like the racial specialties Sol suggested, feel free to suggest alternatives :)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Shut up for once.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Well she may have a negative attitude about it but she is right in a sense that she is touching upon a subject of ToC

There have been a few guys in the last month alone who came to me asking in what they should invest in ascended and all of them came straight up flying telling me that ToC as it is is quite a waste of DMU

And I couldnt really say otherwise. But that is another topic to discuss.
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

As an Anja, I could do with a TOC boost, though it wouldn't be my first choice...
perhaps adding a partial boost of something else would sufficiently sweeten the pot for most Anja?
Sol
Forum Addict

Change race like I said before...

I think a TOC increase is, in itself, powerful enough as a bonus.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

res'ing this thread.
I'll be doing something along the lines of this, interested to see what other people suggest for bonuses.

Considering:
- TOC boost
- CER/income boost
- LF recovery boost
- Turn per turn boost
- Planet soft cap increase
- Max turns held increase

Scaled accordingly. I don't particularly want to boost atk/def/cs etc.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Suggestions”