Suggest any improvements
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: Bring back 'Revolution' to avoid abuse of descension PPT

Rodwolf wrote:The problem is 'simpler' fixed by just not giving PPT after the 14 day cool off period.

Again, why do people receive PPT on a server where no one can acquire a ppt in a normal way?

I'm pretty sure people can 'prepare' to come back during that 14 days. It seems long enough for me at least to know whats coming. If your active at least... but why give ppt to inactives anyway :roll:
Great idea.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Bring back 'Revolution' to avoid abuse of descension PPT

Loki™ wrote:
Rodwolf wrote:The problem is 'simpler' fixed by just not giving PPT after the 14 day cool off period.

Again, why do people receive PPT on a server where no one can acquire a ppt in a normal way?

I'm pretty sure people can 'prepare' to come back during that 14 days. It seems long enough for me at least to know whats coming. If your active at least... but why give ppt to inactives anyway :roll:
Great idea.
+1
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Re: EDIT - Solution to PPT/Descension abuse

Excellent - we're making progress.

Idea's to work with further as others have been rejected
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

I'm fairly sure that if you're descended you don't have access to your account during that period.
So you'd have 14 days locked out, then in the old system 4 days of ppt to get yourself straight.

If people can indeed do 'stuff' during that time then there'd be no need for the ppt.
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

If its the same Tolah account that keeps getting the DMU, can't you hit that account at TC instead of the account dropping PPT?

Anyway, Why not treat being descended as similar to going on Vac. They get the mandatory 14 days descended, then they go on Vac till the user logs in, at which time they get a 24 hour ppt to rebuild in.

No point descending inactive farms, they would unlikely return.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

No offense to the astute observers. It is very good that you watch out for such exploits, etc. but I have to wonder if this is being overblown a bit. You can just as easily get a top farmer ranking by swapping DMU back and forth with a friend, purchasing DMU, muling your *asc's DMU pile to your proper ASC, and the list goes on and on.

I would be more willing to consider the existence of this mysterious "DMU Kingpin" if Sol would review it himself. Assuming he has already link it please I didn't see anything. I for example got the last big Bos ppt:

336,163,204,719,193,024 Dark Matter Units taken

I'm sure there were 18 others also going for it as you say and my slow ass got it. Life isn't fair sometimes but if there isn't actually a boogey man here let's not change the game to thwart the future uprising of the boogey man king and his boogey man empire.
Sol
Forum Addict

How about you all man up and stop **Filtered** about other peoples farming when you should be doing it.
They're descending inactives ffs, I'm pretty sure you could manage that.

Lastly, it takes people at least 297 turns and 9 hours to descend someone, that warrants a bit of dmu.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
reborn
Forum Elite

Didn't your last changes say when deascended when they come back they will get just 2 days worth of DMU though?

Booss
Resources: 72,141,705,072,738,000 Dark Matter Units

Now he makes 381 tri a turn , that works out hes got almost 4 days worth already.

btw hes coming off ppt very soon

something I told a few ppl in different alliances of the time he was coming off over 2 weeks ago , an I didn't deascend him.

Sirch13 on the 18th around 9,30 pm +/- 2 hrs

I didn't deascend either yet its not hard to work out any of them, yet just one gets them always seems strange , ive pasted around times for different targets to other players just like others have come to me saying about this an that was in November when I first got told of this.

I don't think anyone is saying about a little dmu , that's fine , but this aint little an its always going to one person.

Ppl have been sat there w8ing for the ppt to drop yet quite a few from different alliance's have said it was gone before attack button showed. So they didn't even bother to attack.

PPT's dropped before turn over an then the next turn over DMU came threw, I myself have seen that happen on atleast 20 ppts. Were ppt drops 3-4 seconds before the turn over.

So coming on here with the "How about you all man up and stop **Filtered** about other peoples farming when you should be doing it.
They're descending inactives ffs, I'm pretty sure you could manage that. "

Thats total b/s because as ive put above its not hard to work out when anyone gets deascended an quite a few ppl know the times themselves, an watch themselves yet only one person gets it.

Not really sure what else to say because that's really not that hard to work out what ppl are saying.

Or is it?
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It was: period 'locked' and 4 days of PPT, no LF regeneration.

It is: period 'locked' (no DMU generation) and 4 days of PPT (+/- randomized x hours), with LF/LFR refilled as 'locked' period ends.

So yes, players with massive income who get descended end up with ~4-ish days of DMU.
4 days is a lot, though changing the game repeatedly because of a couple of outliers seems like a knee-jerk reaction. :) Let's wait for the results of the most recent changes before changing things yet again.

If it doesn't work out: ..
Could probably go to 1 day without being inconvenient I suppose. especially if they get notified of their descension (and 'end of descension') on Main. After all, after 'lockout' ends, it will take at least the PPT (24h) and the usual 4 hits (12 hours).. the player would have 36 hours after their descension ends to log in and get back to refilling religiously without being descended instantly.

Of course the real issue is not active players, but inactives with big incomes.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

reborn wrote: its always going to one person.
You cannot arrive at that conclusion based on the TOLAH with 500q ++ as rank 1 farmer constantly. That could be any number of reasons. You cannot just assume they are getting every PPT drop single handed. There are many PPT stalkers on ascended and 3 others than myself that I know of that land these big drops fairly often.
reborn
Forum Elite

As much as that looks nice to read quite a few of us have been watching that Tolah in rank 1 for quite some time, u can also work it out by knowing when I ppt is about to drop

let me make it simple for ya because clearly somethings are too hard to work out when others can c it an have seen it.

Said person at 500 quad 1 turn before ppt drops.

PPT about to drop lets says 74 quad like tonight

Said person now sitting at 575 quad

Too hard to work out?

Eomund dropping tomorrow 6 pm Uk time +/- 2 hrs for random timing, I can come up with these ppt drops everyday an have done for quite some time an pasted them around for others, yet p/much all is taking from 1 person.

An yet I haven't deascended anyone.

So yes your post looks nice but as lots of us have seen different to what u just wrote ill leave it as that.
Spoiler

Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Stay on the topic.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

I think its pretty **Filtered** lame of you colson, to delete information relating to Sols information theft and spreading of emails ..... he informs his buddies with information stolen from the database ... and now his buddies in arms are covering it up ? whahahahaha

This is more of a sass pit then expected ....

So .. apart from him helping his allies .... false accusations ... he now has accomplices in the moderating team .... lol .... enjoy your lord of the flies experience ....

BTW, my posts bout the issues were spot on and the truth ..... and related to the topic at hand .... to bad you have to try and protect your buddy sol for his in-discrepancies.

such an enormous corruption here ... I laugh my ass off ....

I will be gone for a few weeks again .... but Ima gonna spread the truth on a regular basis here hahahah
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

farms are **Filtered** as it is.

No to - capping DMU per hit. This is a silly function already on main that has caused many the upset when someone withdraws a LOT of naq or has a lot out there but hitting more than once to take it is deemed massing, when any idiot can see its a damn good hit.

No to - revolution button, if anything you should be able to force peoples untrained into miners, the amount of inactives with 20b + planets untrained.... ridiculous, Sol had to implement a small income generation from untrained planets because of this issue and the economy turning to crap.

Yes to - just not giving a ppt once descended. your descended for 14 days, during this time just let your life force regenerate slowly until at the point of 14 days, on turn change you are back at 100%. No PPT, no ridiculous bank of income, only turn income and first there first served. no deceiptful descentions and log watching etc, no arguments. DMU is there or its not, in which case you find another farm.

Yes to - Juliette's suggestion, of sorts. its atleast a step in the right direction. 24 hours ppt is more than enough to play with your ascended acc after being descended. even less if your notified on main, 12 hours would then suffice.

long story short, this whole descending to abuse income generation is **Filtered**. descending an inactive person regardless of time taken, is no great feat worthy of a DMU reward. So that argument is bollocks. its an unfair aspect as there are those that couldnt physically descend someone worth doing it to, cant imagine its much of an issue but some may have that issue. So you have an unfair advantage there atleast. The whole issue can be easily fixed if you jsut remove the ppt, its useless anyway. If the idea of it is to prevent instant descention then give them a 24-48 hour period of ascended attacks not being allowed but everything else is. So easy to fix, yet admins and those abusing it are making it so much more complicated than it really is.

you cant please everyone as an admin, but what makes people happy isnt necessarily whats best for the game. Take the heat for a while then watch people realise you did the right thing?
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

Return to “Suggestions”