Suggest any improvements
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

EDIT - Solution to PPT/Descension abuse

Few alliances have come together now noticing a certain alliance (mostly 1 account in that particular alliance) catching almost all ascended PPT's - basically what they do is descend someone then catch the missed PPT's for the DMU that builds up while descended.
In a way nothing wrong with that, ingame feature - problem is how can someone be so fast that when 18 people + try to catch that missed PPT knowing the turn it drops, the same person catches it over and over again and has for a while now. That account has gotten huge upgrades over this time.
When a group of people noticed what was wrong and teamed up to try and catch this PPT before this certain player, he got the DMU before the turn-generated DMU appeared on that account ... (Has happened several times - this should not be possible and we have collected a lot of data on this)

From Rodwolf
The problem is 'simpler' fixed by just not giving PPT after the 14 day cool off period.

Again, why do people receive PPT on a server where no one can acquire a ppt in a normal way?

I'm pretty sure people can 'prepare' to come back during that 14 days. It seems long enough for me at least to know whats coming. If your active at least... but why give ppt to inactives anyway
Edit: Alternative measures - a cap on how much DMU you can get per hit.

Revolution button - Rejected.

-KJ
Last edited by Kjarkur on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Re: Bring back 'Revolution' to avoid abuse of descension PPT

they now drop randomly with 24 hours to stop this, i think sol changed it

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

yeah its good now let it be.

revolution will just wreck farms ><
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

is not to easy to stop generate DMU until player log in?
Last edited by R0B3RT on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
reborn
Forum Elite

1 **Anonymous** TOLAH 540,767,424,398,693,312

Maybe be random yet the same Tolah for the last 6 weeks has been at the top between 450-700 quad everyday for that may weeks.

Still think its balanced or not a bit iffy? When so many ppl attacking same target yet still p/much the same one getting it again an again?

Taking Guilded planets back down to 7 bil will not wreak farms infact it will stop all these big accounts being deascended an all that dmu going to just 1 person.

Most of the farms that get farmed all the time are around 7 bil planets or less. Only the ones other that are the ones being deascended all the time.

Tbh I think its a great idea to bring some balance back to ascension instead of a certain someone/s taking all the missed ppts to themselves with there oh so fast fast fast reactions ("not using a script") to snag all the ppts.

Reborn
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gandy 181
Forum Expert
ID: 44650

I reckon

it would just be better to stop the growth of DMU

when in Decended form

but i like this idea two
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Gandy 181 wrote:I reckon

it would just be better to stop the growth of DMU

when in Decended form

but i like this idea two
The idea can be 'tweaked' or changed - regardless, balance is required.

My post is merely a suggestion, and we as a community can go with it and brainstorm a bit to fix this problem.

-KJ
- > SGW Hall of Fame
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

maybe a capped amount of dmu for a ppt or capped dmu hit.. so gives others a chance to get some of it??

You need to make an income to repair/build up while decended ppt otherwise someone can keep you permently decended if they so wished
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

The problem is 'simpler' fixed by just not giving PPT after the 14 day cool off period.

Again, why do people receive PPT on a server where no one can acquire a ppt in a normal way?

I'm pretty sure people can 'prepare' to come back during that 14 days. It seems long enough for me at least to know whats coming. If your active at least... but why give ppt to inactives anyway :roll:
Meh...
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Rodwolf wrote:The problem is 'simpler' fixed by just not giving PPT after the 14 day cool off period.

I'm pretty sure people can 'prepare' to come back during that 14 days. It seems long enough for me at least to know whats coming. If your active at least... but why give ppt to inactives anyway :roll:
Excellent point Rod.
fem fatale wrote:maybe a capped amount of dmu for a ppt or capped dmu hit.. so gives others a chance to get some of it??

You need to make an income to repair/build up while decended ppt otherwise someone can keep you permently decended if they so wished
a cap is worth looking into IMO.
- > SGW Hall of Fame
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It is already the case now that people only produce DMU while on PPT (the random 48-ish hours at the end of one's descension, not the actual descension time), so there will be no more 'extreme' DMU hits in that regard.
In addition, the end of their PPT is randomised (within reason, and obviously visible to the descendee), so descending someone doesn't provide the descender with much information (other than a 'general idea', which everyone who keeps a proper eye on the server has as well). ;)

This balancing has been done - quite recently (within the past 14 days) -, so there is no further need at this point to re-balance yet again.

In addition to that, bringing back 'Initiate Revolution' would be like bringing a shotgun to go mosquito-hunting.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=201120

You can still deascend for profit, just less than before. The person that did the deascension, knows, with a ~2 hour window or so, when the drop will be. Chances are he'll still get it. The 300q hits may no longer be dropping, but 60q is still more than worth it.

Would revolution be used much? Dmu is what we use to grow after all, and it is not as these inactive farms will retrain their income. I suppose some would use it, just to stem the growth of the rest of the server.

Deascension ppts are like it or not, a part of the game. Deascend your own farms, or try a different technique in clicking faster.

After all, how a player grows in the game, is his own business, whether that be through $$, farming, or deascensions.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Unsterblich
Forum Irregular
Alliance: SS
Race: ORI
ID: 2090

i would love to be descended just for the DMU gain and be easier than to look for good 300T plus farms to stay in the top ranks.
and my opinion as being descended is no resource gain instead of growing bigger and not getting farmed for 14 days.
whats the point in descending someone. kills is not the only reason for descending someone as it is to stop the player from growing that 14 days. all resources should be terminated for that period.
For every DDE action there is an equal and opposite SS reaction.
reborn
Forum Elite

You can deascend ppl for profit, hell I didn't deascend ppl an I still knew around when ppl was going to drop an I have told others over the past weeks of the times of them too, i still know quite a few others, an even new ones too around about to a certain hr.

Yet only 1 gets them, hell me an a few others have noticed the dmu going before even the attack buttons showing so yes we all need to learn to "click faster"

All the PPT dropping a few seconds before the turn over, wasn't it meant to be done on the turn over?

I guess this doesn't need fixing or balancing out its all fine nothing going on wrong here. "I call b/s"
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IFLuX
Forum Elite

2 Unseen Threat INDU 286,319,000,571,237,536

I have 8k turns which i can use ... and he's prolly farming with multy and trading over aswell :smt060
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter

Return to “Suggestions”