Power question for Arena.

Suggest any improvements
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Re: Power question for Arena.

caesar2 wrote:he problem isnt that we dont agree with what you wrote... feeding is bad, feeders are evil fed ones are devils...

wel... butits the same as you have your house, your work, your car, your money, your food... and what you decide to do with it is your decision. i you will open house to all homelessin town and will feed them wth your money and food... its your choice.

but someone could complain your suporting system of abusing such good people like "you are"... supporting parasites... you got it?

problem is... your account, your property. your decision... your fault... or not..

unbalanced toruney is better than no tourney... but like i sayd... even a noob can play a toruney... you need just to count well... and have time at least 48 hours :D and time is something i wont have anytime soon, since my wifes comming back this friday ;)
Well, your right, its our choice.

I choose to complain/point out, the issues I run into.

Your methaphor sucks.
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

How about making DMU destroyable instead of stealable ?
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

nostra wrote:
caesar2 wrote:he problem isnt that we dont agree with what you wrote... feeding is bad, feeders are evil fed ones are devils...

wel... butits the same as you have your house, your work, your car, your money, your food... and what you decide to do with it is your decision. i you will open house to all homelessin town and will feed them wth your money and food... its your choice.

but someone could complain your suporting system of abusing such good people like "you are"... supporting parasites... you got it?

problem is... your account, your property. your decision... your fault... or not..

unbalanced toruney is better than no tourney... but like i sayd... even a noob can play a toruney... you need just to count well... and have time at least 48 hours :D and time is something i wont have anytime soon, since my wifes comming back this friday ;)
Well, your right, its our choice.

I choose to complain/point out, the issues I run into.

Your methaphor sucks.
Sucks or not, thats the actual civilization problem, theme for many politicians of wordly size, and will be maybe a starter of an end of one nice confederation...

But your right, that theme sucks ;) better to talk aboud feeding in tourneys

@destroyable dmu... Like sabbing weapons before feeder sells to fed one? It already exist?
RETURN of the P I R A T E
reborn
Forum Elite

I read what you put there C2,

But look at it like this in QW its banned to feed, it might be your choice but giving someone more of an advantage instead of infact playing is what shown there , and it works no one feeds.

Saying you cant stop it is wrong because you can. You can simple say if u feed both players will be removed just like on QW were both r banned.

Or u have it were weapons when sold give almost nothing in return for dmu.

Lots of ways to stop feeding , its just doing it.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Suggestions i remember from past:
- equalize everyones lvl and cs in tourney
- put cs aside, no ise in tourney
- dont alowe to farm/take DMU from otheres
- create a superbalanced system of tournament ( but noone ever came with exact idea with wide support)
- other tournament style (was cereated plague, and the 1v1 tourney, etc)

Well... And you can see who enteres which kind of torney more and wich less...
RETURN of the P I R A T E
noone
Forum Elite

Lots of ideas came and gone, some stayed. :)

Have not seen destroy dmu in regular attacks instead of take :-k players generally to greedy to give stuff up :-D

I like the idea of 1/100th worth in sale too. (maybe 1/50th)
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

My suggestion would be

48 hours ppt upon entering, every account enters arena same time.

All accounts start with no critical, and all planets into labourer planets.

You have to build your weapons and massed planets with your 24 hours of income from 10b planets.

If you want to win, build perfectly and farm faster.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Sol
Forum Addict

caesar2 wrote:Suggestions i remember from past:
- equalize everyones lvl and cs in tourney
- put cs aside, no ise in tourney
- dont alowe to farm/take DMU from otheres
- create a superbalanced system of tournament ( but noone ever came with exact idea with wide support)
- other tournament style (was cereated plague, and the 1v1 tourney, etc)

Well... And you can see who enteres which kind of torney more and wich less...
- equalizing CS's wont make much of a difference. If people are gaining large amounts of dmu to build/rebuild their CS it just means they can keep it alive longer.
- No CS is an option.
- the game would rely very heavily on income, which screws over so many account builds and little ones. I could create a static value.
- Creating 'balanced' tourney won't change anything, you will still get players focusing on a super build.

@kikaz:
I could do that, and I did think of something similar to it. Essentially starting people with 0 dmu. But the point of income will kill off a few players. Although the tournaments are about diversity of builds.....
After the 48 hours though, there will be a big farm fest.

So one part I planned to implement was instead of getting a % of what you killed, you get a % of what you lost, perhaps based on what you killed.
e.g. You killed 20% of planets on a player so you get maybe 20% of what you lost back. Something like that, but probably not as harsh.

The problem with the destruction of dmu instead of stealing, you will find that you just get alliances stunting the growth of select enemies.

In the end the tournies are about tactics.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Exactly and whether or not alliances were planned as part of the ascended server, they are and always will be. Even outside of alliances, people have friends they work with. Winning a tournament is all about teamwork, cooperation and coordination. Friends fight alongside eachother, help eachother out and will sacrifice so another can win if necessary.

The only *reasonable* thing I saw that would get rid of feeding is to have the activity logged and then people would be barred from future tournaments if they do it. The problem then is it's up to the admin's discretion to scour the logs looking for cases of feeding. Certain people will get a lot better at hiding it than others.

For example, I frequently during tournaments sell a lot of weapons back and forth between attack and defense. It can work quite well but what if, like earlier today, I was getting massed while doing it and that person just happened to attack me instead of destroy me and I would have lost 600 tril dmu. What if that wasn't an accident? How could you judge that?

There needs to be a strong reward for massing otherwise people who want to win will turtle. There needs to be an incentive for stealing other people's dmu or at the very least taking it.

Here's a question for you all though. If we determine feeding as unfair (someone logging on purely to help another player succeed instead of playing to win for him/herself), what about people that log on, load up a ton of assassin/covert planets and go sab and dm until they run out? Or someone who logs in, sells off all their weapons after say 12 hours and goes to mass all the command stars out there. They aren't playing for their own victory. They are playing to help other people win, sacrificing their account to increase someone else's chances.

Where do we draw the line between what is acceptable and what isn't? How can we choose in a game that is supposed to mimic real life interactions to some degree.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

nostra wrote:Mouthdork, stop trying to make yourself look good ](*,)

Clockwork, not looking to overstep the other discussion ... as its master splinters idea how to counter it with a limit.

I would go with:

-Admin needs to make clear it is not allowed to feed or get fed.
-Admin should add DMU taken to the battle logs.
-Admin should log sales of weaponry acitivty.

-Players spots suspicious battle log, messages game admin

-game admin checks

if suspicion is confirmed, player and feeder are banned from current and next arena.
Only problem I see here is someone might sell off a portion of their weapons to train and someone could catch them at a bad time. This could result in a false ban as they were not trying to feed, but trying to shuffle their build.
Sol
Forum Addict

Also. I'm not going to check every time someone messages me about feeders in the arena. That concept - how Q is run - is not going to work here.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:Also. I'm not going to check every time someone messages me about feeders in the arena. That concept - how Q is run - is not going to work here.
Pfft, how dare you not want to spend your entire life slaving over attack logs!
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
reborn
Forum Elite

Sol wrote:Also. I'm not going to check every time someone messages me about feeders in the arena. That concept - how Q is run - is not going to work here.
And its not how Q is run that's just one player, wrong imo but he just bans anything he thinks is wrong in logs, still stops feeding though.

All you have to do is change the way the logs are shown you do not have to check everything the players can do that themselves.

We can already see the feeding of planets, so if you shown dmu taken is easy to spot that, all you have to do is a flag system, say 5 ppl all flag a certain hit/attack then you can look apart from that your do not need too.

We the gamers as I said can look through the logs are selves you do not have too.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

reborn wrote:
And its not how Q is run that's just one player, wrong imo but he just bans anything he thinks is wrong in logs, still stops feeding though.

All you have to do is change the way the logs are shown you do not have to check everything the players can do that themselves.

We can already see the feeding of planets, so if you shown dmu taken is easy to spot that, all you have to do is a flag system, say 5 ppl all flag a certain hit/attack then you can look apart from that your do not need too.

We the gamers as I said can look through the logs are selves you do not have too.
But that's a bad system. First you are relying on players to give an unbiased assessment of a situation. We are anything but unbiased. Second, sol would still have to investigate a myriad of potential feeding situations. Third, people would still feed unless Sol gets extra strict and just bans anything that moves at which point we'll all get outraged anyway.
Spoiler

---
reborn
Forum Elite

Why is it bad?

Runs almost same in Q , apart from its just 1 doing it and that's a player itself #-o

Logs already can see very clearly on planet feeds, with dmu being shown, if u see one player give a huge chunk its shown, or lets say player wants to be snecky and does small bits over and over again, that will be shown too.

Very much like QW runs but this would be lots of players looking at logs and them seeing if its a feed, once enough has flagged it, it would not be that had to look at given the time and what type of attack it was.

It almost seems Math your in favour of feeding you keep saying its fine and will never work, but it does work fine with no feeding in QW im not sure whats so hard to explain about it, works in one game why cant it work in arena?
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions”