Turns?

Suggest any improvements
Boa
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Turns?

So how about on market reset, the ascended server allows 500 turns but still remain with the cap of 4k.
Spoiler
:smt043
billzebud™ wrote:yes indeed I did call you an idiot(at least twice in two different languages), because trying to talk to you is like talking to a wall.

Edit: damn sorry, I cant seem to help myself.... must. not. feed. the. troll........
Boa
Forum Regular

Re: Turns?

no one have thoughts on this?
Spoiler
billzebud™ wrote:yes indeed I did call you an idiot(at least twice in two different languages), because trying to talk to you is like talking to a wall.

Edit: damn sorry, I cant seem to help myself.... must. not. feed. the. troll........
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

:smt017 idk what you mean Boa by 500 at market turn. :/

I'd like more turns in general especially as we now need turns for things like wreckage.

4000 just isn't enough :(
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

fem fatale wrote::smt017 idk what you mean Boa by 500 at market turn. :/

I'd like more turns in general especially as we now need turns for things like wreckage.

That's the beauty of it, having limited turns means that everyone has to be selective how they use them... It's one of the best things about the ascended server in my opinion. To be honest i find my turns do fairly often hit the 4k max and then i've got to do something about it.

Boa i think is suggesting having an option to claim 500 extra ATs every monday, if you are not at 4k turns there. I don't particularly agree due to the point above... yet if people are struggling to spend turns on wreckages, why not have wreckage turns generate themselves over time to a 2k or 4k max too.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well i didnt understood the first offer but once it got explained, i would agree to that idea, as it would help the active players be more active, as now u only need to login once everyday or every couple days. Also i am thinking maybe we could make it similar like it was in quantum, that once a week you can choose what bonus u want, like planets, or turns or maybe some set amount of dmu or maybe get a ppt :) and i dont see any bad sides into this idea. Also if its not done i think that norbe's idea of wrck turns generating themselves are also quite nice :)

so either way i agree with more turns in there
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

Norbe wrote:
fem fatale wrote::smt017 idk what you mean Boa by 500 at market turn. :/

That's the beauty of it, having limited turns means that everyone has to be selective how they use them... It's one of the best things about the ascended server in my opinion. To be honest i find my turns do fairly often hit the 4k max and then i've got to do something about it.

Boa i think is suggesting having an option to claim 500 extra ATs every monday, if you are not at 4k turns there. I don't particularly agree due to the point above... yet if people are struggling to spend turns on wreckages, why not have wreckage turns generate themselves over time to a 2k or 4k max too.

~Norbe~
When I used to play and my account was at the stage I wanted it, then yes 4000 was an ok amount.
But if you want people that are still building to be able to keep up and take part in wreckage then 4000 no longer is.
(I went through that in about 2days farming).
Why wreckage turns haven't generated idk, only had account about a week. I was only spending a few turns on wreckage to see what it did if anything.

Now I'm limited to about 300-450 turns a day, natural turns. Which makes me a sad girl as I love playing ascended more than main.

So if you all would be so kind as to leave 2t Dmu out each for me that would be great :D lol xx
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Vormulac
Forum Grunt

2T thats not a lot sure we can all manage that.
:smt081
D3ath
Forum Expert

lol yeah :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

the thing for me is that EVERYTHING takes turns... massing, wreckage, farming, decending, and with only a 4k total and the generation amount there just isnt enough turns to do all of that... EX in wars when you do all of that together you will be sitting with no turns and cant do anything for a week or atleast couple days.

My thinking on this would be to either raise the cap or the generation and make wreckage generate themselfs..

just throwing numbers here but lets say you made the total amount of turns 10k you could farm them down to lets say 5k and keep those for massing/decending. or the otherside would be lets say doubling the generation.

if we did something with the turns it would promote activity considering once you have no turns you almost literaly can not do anything.

i also think a bank would be great.. an idea for that would be your bank would grow to the amount of laborers you have trained that way when you do run out of turns you can still repair and train wile getting attacked

EDIT: i would prefer the generation i think that would benefit more
Spoiler
D3ath
Forum Expert

bank useless just sell of some of your weps and can repair for ages with current 15 sec cooldown but yeah i am all up for more turns
ImageImage
Spoiler
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

D3ath wrote:bank useless just sell of some of your weps and can repair for ages with current 15 sec cooldown but yeah i am all up for more turns
you have 0 turns and they are massing you with war setting... one hit and all your DM is gone.. yes you can "bank" by buying attack weps but its still not safe

what is turn gen now? like 4 and then 10 if your in top ten?

even if you made it 6 and 14 or 13 it would help a huge amount

4x48=192 turns per day
6x48=288
10x48=480
13x48=624
14x48=672
Spoiler
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

Vormulac wrote:2T thats not a lot sure we can all manage that.
:smt081
ooops lol, yeah, I meant 2Q.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler

byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I would increase the cap to 5k per refill.
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

byrne_1 wrote:I would increase the cap to 5k per refill.
but if you increase the gen rate you would get more turn in the long run. i almost never hit the cap unless i do a refill
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

@femme, regarding wreckage turns, refer to the updates page:
2014 October

* In a similar fashion to receiving mass and energy, you may get back some wreckage only turns. These turns are only useable in wreckages, and are capped at 20,000, you will not receive any caches from using these turns and they will not 'count' towards turns used in a wreckage.
In short, they will only get you more energy and mass, and in tougher tier wreckages they can help you finish it off (if you use them to prepare for one). You will also be required to start the demi with normal turns.

Alrighty, I've read all the posts and I'll try and touch on the general issues raised in one reply (hopefully succinct). But before I do that I'll start with some context and general counter problems.
You will always want more turns.
It's the lifeblood of the game (as you all pointed out), which causes it to be a highly tuned key commodity that tends to shift game-play greatly when changed slightly. It's why admins tend to stay clear away from it or use alternative routes (hence wreckage turns). It's why it's inherently a problem.

Everyone can work with varying amounts of turns. Some can easily polish off an entire refill in farming alone, over a few days. Some would just sink it in wreckages, some people play 'lightly' and farm equal to their natural generation. The problem with that? You have to find the perfect balance between stuffing someone so full so they begin to not really care (think of any time you put on a cheat in a game to have max money or something) and supplying enough to not starve them to death. Unfortunately this full/starving is a broad spectrum and needs to stay at a happy medium.

Yes, if you don't have enough it will stunt your game-play, but lets be honest, this is a turn AND strategy based game, it's focused on the idea you log in, have fun for a bit, log out. There isn't oodles of graphics, layered quests (which would be pretty cool...) and monsters that respawn every 2 secs that's a direct reason to stay on 24/7. Sure, what you do in wars can cause you to attack for hours and then cause you to act as a sentinel for a few more. And yes, war is arguably the biggest facet of game, but that shouldn't be the ultimate reason you need more turns. The game now has quite a few sides other than war. And you honestly shouldn't be able to take on a whole army just by having 'enough turns', I would argue you need just enough to take on one person per day.

Wrapping this up (tl;dr):
It seems all of you want more turns or a larger cap (which has the same affect for adding more turns btw) for a different reason, and not a lot of people at that. Given what I said before and this, it's not grounds for me to change from what it is currently.
May I suggest lobbying for something in particular? i.e. if you want more turns for wreckages, suggest natural wreckage turn generation. It may lighten the load for using your normal turns.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Suggestions”