Suggest any improvements
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt
Race: Dæmon
ID: 5318008
Alternate name(s): Vladamier

Tossing around a couple ideas...

Probably more than a couple but, here they are:

1st: Something for the CS to do besides passive assistance.
[spoiler]Going to be taking bits and pieces from others cobbled together with some of my own, But a new attack option spend X(thinking between 500-750) turns to send your CS to interfere with your opponents fleets, ie temporarily reducing your opponents ability to produce more planets ~1-3% for 12 hours. A serious offense, requires them setting war and your CS is gone for 18-24 hours(travel time).[/spoiler]

2nd: Another way to spend turns on Demi's.
[spoiler]You can send your army to steal your opponents unused DMU, why not send your unequipped Demi's to steal their unused Mass/energy/tech caches. Wouldn't be as expensive as wreckages, but much less productive, possibly safer. 1-5% neutral gains, 15-20% war gains and chance the selected Demi dies, 30-50% all out war and chance to kill their weakest Demi. Adds another use for the Demis' levels.[/spoiler]

3rd: More Achievements.
[spoiler]Only suggesting this one because the current list supports one type of player. Why not set achievements for more variety instead? Why not achievements geared towards defensive accts? How about the subversive accts? why no achievements for reaching the top, 10, 20, 50, or even 100 in a stat? Achievements should be there for a variety of things, not just so everyone will play the same way, but so everyone will explore every aspect of the game. Why would someone change races? So they can earn more achievements for building in a different style(as it removes your supers). Plus It could help with making the races diverse, to help with specific achievement tiers. And people like to brag so you can't forget about achievements for getting so many of them.[/spoiler]

Not going to list possible achievements atm... However I will be working on a list just in case suggestions are wanted.
Alliances
2011-12
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL
ID: 0

Re: Tossing around a couple ideas...

we could with something else with the current achievements. :)
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt

Personally I see achievements as a challenge, and enjoy trying to earn them. Like the old pokemon games, Gotta collect'em all :-D
Alliances
2011-12
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

actually i think 2nd suggestion is quite good, both parts of it, stealing the mass/energy and also about killing off other demis, this one would add something new to this game, but i can tell you 100% guarantee that it wont be accepted and implemented in this game.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt

Quite possible on that D3ath, just trying to think of a way for demi's to get put into use like every other resource ;)
Alliances
2011-12
D3ath
Forum Expert

well u should also try and think about some way how to defend your demis, should it be sending them to wreck or some other way as without it such idea wont get much ground
ImageImage
Spoiler
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt

Tiers and levels, target is always the lowest tier with the lowest level. Attacking only has a chance at killing at attacking demi's tier or lower. Say it's 50 turns to run the atk, with a 5% chance killing a level 1. Each level on the defending demi adds 5% chance to survive so the die percent goes...
1 = 5% ~1 kill/1000 turns spent
2 = 4.75%
3 = 4.51%
4 = 4.28%
5 = 4.07%
6 = 3.86%
etc...
10 = 3.15% ~1 kill/1,580 turns spent

Of course for the defending demi to die, both players would have to be at war with each other and the offender ready to risk their own demi in the process.
And since the demi's are now potentially limitless(within reason) because of M2's each defending demi has a chance, say 2%, to find a trespassing demi, stackable up to 20 demis. Each level on these 20 add's .1% up to 60% total(20 level 10 demis)
Each level on the attackers demi lowers that percent by 2(1 10 sneaking into 20 10's has a 40% chance of dieing. And then there is the chance the numbers roll right and they fight an epic battle until the two demi's kill each other.

The above was all War/War relations

Now for Neutral/Neutral

No demi dies, and you steal ~1-5% of their mass/energy. Because the defender isn't readied for hostile actions their demi's aren't on alert and you have a 10-20% chance of failing the raid, either overly small gains, you demi couldn't find anything or your demi was chased out with a chance of revealing who sent the demi, similar to how successful spies can be noticed by the defender.

Been trying to steal someones Mass/Energy to often and they declared war on you, the math's similar to the above(War/War), however, instead of the 5% chance to kill their demi, your demi gains an additional 10% to survive the raid, as the demi is focused on stealth and not murder. So essentially a 60-70 percent chance of walking away with a large sum of their Mass/Energy

All numbers are easy to use numbers to save on actually having to math it all out in the post but essentially the entire idea I had for the demi's. Of course then you'd also either gain knowledge of demi's and Mass/Energy from spies or by sending specialized spy missions against demi's.

Also, after rereading your post to make sure everything was covered, any demi's at wrecks are not in your realm and are therefor safe from harm(unless the wreck runs out).
Alliances
2011-12
Sol
Forum Addict

Slaanesh wrote:Probably more than a couple but, here they are:

1st: Something for the CS to do besides passive assistance.
[spoiler]Going to be taking bits and pieces from others cobbled together with some of my own, But a new attack option spend X(thinking between 500-750) turns to send your CS to interfere with your opponents fleets, ie temporarily reducing your opponents ability to produce more planets ~1-3% for 12 hours. A serious offense, requires them setting war and your CS is gone for 18-24 hours(travel time).[/spoiler]
Maybe... might have to be something like a descension attack, i.e. one attack on a person per x amount of time. To stop 100 v 1 deals.
Slaanesh wrote: 2nd: Another way to spend turns on Demi's.
[spoiler]You can send your army to steal your opponents unused DMU, why not send your unequipped Demi's to steal their unused Mass/energy/tech caches. Wouldn't be as expensive as wreckages, but much less productive, possibly safer. 1-5% neutral gains, 15-20% war gains and chance the selected Demi dies, 30-50% all out war and chance to kill their weakest Demi. Adds another use for the Demis' levels.[/spoiler]
Not a bad idea overall, would have to mull over it and refine it further.
Slaanesh wrote: 3rd: More Achievements.
[spoiler]Only suggesting this one because the current list supports one type of player. Why not set achievements for more variety instead? Why not achievements geared towards defensive accts? How about the subversive accts? why no achievements for reaching the top, 10, 20, 50, or even 100 in a stat? Achievements should be there for a variety of things, not just so everyone will play the same way, but so everyone will explore every aspect of the game. Why would someone change races? So they can earn more achievements for building in a different style(as it removes your supers). Plus It could help with making the races diverse, to help with specific achievement tiers. And people like to brag so you can't forget about achievements for getting so many of them.[/spoiler]

Not going to list possible achievements atm... However I will be working on a list just in case suggestions are wanted.
Ahhh adding more achievements....last time I did that half the world loved it and the other half thought it was the end of the world.
Turned out the world survived.
There are different types of game-play incorporated into the achievements, both defensive and offensive as well as god-style and physical/personal. I did try to include all facets of game-play, and I'm pretty sure I did. But, the problem with focusing on a more defensive position is that it 'goes against the grain' as they say. The game revolves around action - it has to, every game has to, turtling is almost the opposite.
That said, there is just about everything you've suggested, already in the achievements. Whether you've reached the point of seeing it is another matter. Most of the early achievements are for beginners to help ready their account for battle - both defensively and offensively. It then starts to form a more trivial role, opening up to different forms of game-play and irrelevant acts to ones account power, then proceeds to take a hard/puzzler approach.

I'm open to suggestions for more achievements though, probably a good idea to get well in front of 80% of players first regarding achievements so you know what they look like. I'm sure someones posted a list somewhere...
Originally, I was planning to have some achievements based around race or even have 'specialties' but it never eventuated.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Slaanesh
Forum Grunt

[spoiler]
Slaanesh wrote:Probably more than a couple but, here they are:

1st: Something for the CS to do besides passive assistance. Going to be taking bits and pieces from others cobbled together with some of my own, But a new attack option spend X(thinking between 500-750) turns to send your CS to interfere with your opponents fleets, ie temporarily reducing your opponents ability to produce more planets ~1-3% for 12 hours. A serious offense, requires them setting war and your CS is gone for 18-24 hours(travel time).
[/spoiler]
Sol wrote: Maybe... might have to be something like a descension attack, i.e. one attack on a person per x amount of time. To stop 100 v 1 deals.
Absolutely, don't want it to be a game breaker, just a new and exciting button to press that would intrigue players. And also it'd help add a new stratagem to the tournaments. And any type of warring scenario, for that matter.

[spoiler]
Slaanesh wrote: 2nd: Another way to spend turns on Demi's. You can send your army to steal your opponents unused DMU, why not send your unequipped Demi's to steal their unused Mass/energy/tech caches. Wouldn't be as expensive as wreckages, but much less productive, possibly safer. 1-5% neutral gains, 15-20% war gains and chance the selected Demi dies, 30-50% all out war and chance to kill their weakest Demi. Adds another use for the Demis' levels.[/spoiler]
Sol wrote:Not a bad idea overall, would have to mull over it and refine it further.
I'm just glad any of the idea's would actually be considered; whether eventually implemented or not.

[spoiler]
Slaanesh wrote: 3rd: More Achievements. Only suggesting this one because the current list supports one type of player. Why not set achievements for more variety instead? Why not achievements geared towards defensive accts? How about the subversive accts? why no achievements for reaching the top, 10, 20, 50, or even 100 in a stat? Achievements should be there for a variety of things, not just so everyone will play the same way, but so everyone will explore every aspect of the game. Why would someone change races? So they can earn more achievements for building in a different style(as it removes your supers). Plus It could help with making the races diverse, to help with specific achievement tiers. And people like to brag so you can't forget about achievements for getting so many of them. Not going to list possible achievements atm... However I will be working on a list just in case suggestions are wanted.
[/spoiler]
Sol wrote:Ahhh adding more achievements....last time I did that half the world loved it and the other half thought it was the end of the world.
Turned out the world survived.
There are different types of game-play incorporated into the achievements, both defensive and offensive as well as god-style and physical/personal. I did try to include all facets of game-play, and I'm pretty sure I did. But, the problem with focusing on a more defensive position is that it 'goes against the grain' as they say. The game revolves around action - it has to, every game has to, turtling is almost the opposite.
That said, there is just about everything you've suggested, already in the achievements. Whether you've reached the point of seeing it is another matter. Most of the early achievements are for beginners to help ready their account for battle - both defensively and offensively. It then starts to form a more trivial role, opening up to different forms of game-play and irrelevant acts to ones account power, then proceeds to take a hard/puzzler approach.

I'm open to suggestions for more achievements though, probably a good idea to get well in front of 80% of players first regarding achievements so you know what they look like. I'm sure someones posted a list somewhere...
Originally, I was planning to have some achievements based around race or even have 'specialties' but it never eventuated.
I totally understand about not wanting someone turtling, it does make the game a bit duller. I have actually seen this list prior to making this post and the reason for the contents of my third item. And as far as a list of more achievements In order to further expand upon the different aspects of game play on the server I will compile it and set it up in such a way that it doesn't promote one giant stat over others.
Really to make reference to many games that do actually in fact have achievements in them, from my experience, about a 3rd of them can be obtained without specifically going out of your way to achieve them. The rest take more effort than simple playing the game casually.
Alliances
2011-12
frazz
Forum Irregular

Could technically create a Demi attack button that as sol said is like a deascention attack that fight one another limiting their use for that period of time ie lvl 1:1s can go for each other but it would for x amount of time that Demi wouldn't be able to add that specific bonus to both players

Another one I would suggest is that super wep demis have to be equiped for the wep to have any effect in battle u can have them but they only provide same power as normal weps unless Demi is equiped to activate the power for att/def weps
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
D3ath
Forum Expert

frazz wrote:Could technically create a Demi attack button that as sol said is like a deascention attack that fight one another limiting their use for that period of time ie lvl 1:1s can go for each other but it would for x amount of time that Demi wouldn't be able to add that specific bonus to both players

Another one I would suggest is that super wep demis have to be equiped for the wep to have any effect in battle u can have them but they only provide same power as normal weps unless Demi is equiped to activate the power for att/def weps
actually i would be even more strict and say if demi is unequiped those weps give no power at all, not just regular weps power
ImageImage
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

Would make alot of sence you have to equip everything else and keep it on for you to benefit from it.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Suggestions”