Dmu to LF

Suggest any improvements
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Dmu to LF

With converting physical currency (DMU) into Life Force, can that process be automated please?

or atleast made so you can copy and paste the numbers in?

Its an issue for those of us with disabilities

thanks
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Dmu to LF

I've been toying with the idea of auto-setting the number to the maximum amount you can covert on hand.
e.g. if you have 243,268,940,408,270 dmu on hand the default number in the text box will be 24,326,894.
I see no problem with it, and it's not exactly screaming WHY NOT AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.

Any objections?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Vormulac
Forum Grunt

Like this idea Sol make it so.....
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Sol wrote:I've been toying with the idea of auto-setting the number to the maximum amount you can covert on hand.
e.g. if you have 243,268,940,408,270 dmu on hand the default number in the text box will be 24,326,894.
I see no problem with it, and it's not exactly screaming WHY NOT AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.

Any objections?
Having to type (or copy/paste - which sort of works) the number does take a few seconds, that gives time for people to snipe the DMU. It is a double edged sword, I personally like it. It's good if you are active and watching farmers. It's bad if you are a farmer and get your farmed DMU sniped. Overall I've gained some DMU and lost some DMU because of it. It probably roughly evens out and requires me to be as quick and clever as possible. It's another skill we have to develop.

Copy/Paste.. That is how I do it. The biggest problem is the input text box does not have enough characters to copy/paste 10Q+ with the commas, manual adjustments are needed and the final character must be retyped. This means it takes more time to convert the DMU when larger amounts are involved. I'd probably be more in favour of just adding another couple of character spaces, rather than auto-fill. At least then it's a physical action we need to take.

As a side note / counter argument... In main the bank tab does autofill the amount to deposit, which speeds up banking. Naq sniping when farming can still happen there too, you just have to be quicker at the sniping.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Sol
Forum Addict

Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote:I've been toying with the idea of auto-setting the number to the maximum amount you can covert on hand.

Any objections?
Having to type (or copy/paste - which sort of works) the number does take a few seconds, that gives time for people to snipe the DMU. It is a double edged sword, I personally like it. It's good if you are active and watching farmers. It's bad if you are a farmer and get your farmed DMU sniped. Overall I've gained some DMU and lost some DMU because of it. It probably roughly evens out and requires me to be as quick and clever as possible. It's another skill we have to develop.

Copy/Paste.. That is how I do it. The biggest problem is the input text box does not have enough characters to copy/paste 10Q+ with the commas, manual adjustments are needed and the final character must be retyped. This means it takes more time to convert the DMU when larger amounts are involved. I'd probably be more in favour of just adding another couple of character spaces, rather than auto-fill. At least then it's a physical action we need to take.

As a side note / counter argument... In main the bank tab does autofill the amount to deposit, which speeds up banking. Naq sniping when farming can still happen there too, you just have to be quicker at the sniping.

~Norbe~
Yeah but, how lucky would you have to be to have the dmu taken again from you? It's been done sure, I've even done it, but it's not exactly common for someone to steal the dmu while your taking the time to type it in - especially if you're farming a list. If you're randomly attacking unknowns...sure.
I've never copied and pasted it :P, easier to just type it in and leave out the last.... 9 (10?) digits. It's much faster.

I would argue to the time taken to type it in, 2-4 secs, is pretty much negligible game-play loss if it was switched with some part automation.
I can understand how it would make the game 'lazy', but it's not a game changer or setting a precedent.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I agree with Norbe.

Leave it as it is, make us work for the DMU.

Its easy to convert your dmu to LF. Need to use your head.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Yeah, plus the best thing about ascended is the messages you get when you accidently put too much in :razz:
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
~nyx~
Forum Expert

byrne_1 wrote:I agree with Norbe.

Leave it as it is, make us work for the DMU.

Its easy to convert your dmu to LF. Need to use your head.
its not about using your head, some of us have permanent physical difficulties with our hands (and arms in my case).
― Søren Kierkegaard

~nyx~
Forum Expert

Any objections?
no I love it, :smt058
― Søren Kierkegaard

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I do think the input box should be increased from 12 to 14 characters though. Numbers are only getting bigger, and this allows copy/paste to work on numbers up to 999Q.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Tribulation
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Olympus

Any objections?
+1
Old sigs
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

I do have some objections with it,

1. until some things have been fixed, my last pm to your would include this.

2. i dont see why anyone cant already say have 100000000 already as a copy paste or say a different number already there, all u then have to do it crtl v or click with mouse and paste and thats 1 quad done, there is much faster ways of them transfering all but anyone using their head can work that out how to do it.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Taking all comments in this thread in mind, not going to set the input field automatically. However:
- Space increased to 20 characters on the entry field. (Up from 12)
- Additionally, entry field should now handle and trim commas - even if they are not placed correctly. (e.g. 10,000,00 = 100000) It appears this functionality was lost some time in a PHP version upgrade.

Hope this helps. :smt023
Spoiler
Norbe wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:54 am Having to type (or copy/paste - which sort of works) the number does take a few seconds, that gives time for people to snipe the DMU. It is a double edged sword, I personally like it. It's good if you are active and watching farmers. It's bad if you are a farmer and get your farmed DMU sniped. Overall I've gained some DMU and lost some DMU because of it. It probably roughly evens out and requires me to be as quick and clever as possible. It's another skill we have to develop.

~Norbe~

Return to “Suggestions”