league format tournament

Suggest any improvements
frazz
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

league format tournament

I suppose this is an adaption of 1:1

I like this tournament in general but something slightly different to make sure number of battles match up so doesn't get boring sitting waiting for others to improve tier

Having a format of league where everyone plays everyone else and for win is awarded points for win possible bonus points for things like how much destoyed, turns used etc

Also doesn't need to be done in one sitting if large numbers say above can organise 3 or 4 matches at time throughout the year while still having other tourneys throughout year

Could use this to replace the qdms

Could have prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd that don't come out any other time special demis etc at the end of year as its a special tourny
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Re: league format tournament

well i kinda like it, cause now if u lose first battle there is no point in staying in tourney, its better to just be inactive and get kicked.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

D3ath wrote:well i kinda like it, cause now if u lose first battle there is no point in staying in tourney, its better to just be inactive and get kicked.
This is a good point. The last remaining fight now, is 2 people that arent too bothered about winning or losing. So its dragging out.

It would probably need a bit more though on the format, and the general rules of it all. Other that such a vague idea.

But its a good idea to use as a basis.

Got any additional info/thoughts to elaborate on how it would work? like actual specifics.

We know Sol doesnt have much time these days.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

i like a league table idea.

i think sol would have a night in coding it. :(
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well i dont think it should be a lot of coding :) and it could be made like any football league regular season, where every team plays every other team twice, so here it could be the same, and they could make a calendar for whole tourney at the very start of it :) like make two or 3 matches a week for players and they would know their opponents in advance :) also as to avoid all the matches being favorable for some players, they could make it only set days but the starting time wouldnt be known till that day comes, and then u would get your starting time :)
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
frazz
Forum Irregular

Pretty much like a league

Home and away you could in their know in advance who ur opponent is the one thing I would put in is the 8-12 delayed timer that way both players will be online or not

Its not difficult to code or much chnge from what's already there just a league table needs built with a scoring system

Like I said it could be for the year or 6 months meaning special prizes awarded lvl boosts demis etc
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!

Return to “Suggestions”