changing being descended

Suggest any improvements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: changing being descended

byrne_1 wrote:I think we should increase the power of ascend hits, and increase damage can be made.

But, to counter this, we could increase 5 hits before you can be descend for everybody.

There are too many account that are undescendable.

Time to re balance the game. :-D
This was done in the past, Robe pushed it through if anyone remembers (or remembers her).
This doesn't really fix anything, it just delays what happens again. People grow, toc becomes ineffective.
The core problem is something along the lines of this:
- significant attack requires a fair time to defend
- anyone purposefully descending (e.g vendetta, war) is typically active on both servers (both parties).
- decrease the time it takes is unfair for a massive disruption of an account but allows a greater liklihood of it working, which after dedicating 12 hours to prep you would want it to.
- Increasing toc only works for a short time.

So the power of the attack is practically static. The other variables, toc and by extension time it takes are very sensitive and can't be changed much. So that brings the common suggestion:
- we change the power of the attack so it's not as significant and shouldn't need as much dedication. We can do this by adding another type of lesser descension.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

"Lesser descension" as in?

:roll:
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

lol noobs build bigger toc, u want everything to suit your play style, why not make you lose stuff on ascended once u get pwned on main? :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
reborn
Forum Elite

Ppl build higher toc, as Sol said ppl will just defend it with Toc defence.

Anyone with any sence thinking that a toc with high lvls can deascend anyone that is active is living in a dream world, and anyone thinking that these ppl will not incress their defence is not only living in a dream world but on a different planet all together.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

the problem lies in the inactivity... who accounts are undescendable?
the fully active ascended players... those that prefer ascended to main.

because the time everyone else dedicates to main - they do to ascended.

key powers in main - Mathlord, HE acc, Kjarkur, the likes, all are/have been/do get descended...

the ones that dont? Casper, Hokie, Unster, Ganba? becuase theyre online every few hours, and/or for hours on end, building, maintaining their asc accounts.

you call it "imbalance", but by that logic i should run in the olympics, 200m dash and everyone faster than me should slow down so i dont lose by as much and look **Filtered** because i didnt put the effort into it they did.

build ToC, and strike your enemies down as they do you.

vv
vv

THAT SAID - whatever SoL mentioned about a "lesser descention", that is a FAR better idea to toy with...

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
cold lazarus
Forum Newbie

You can make an account undescendable for around 2.5 quint dmu, currently a DDE account has the highest toc at cost of around 15 quint dmu, a huge investment in time and turns which is totally negated by an amount that isn't that hard to farm if you're even moderately active.

And yes, i completely agree with your olympic analogy; because that's exactly how it is, everyone who did put the effort in, IS being 'slowed down', by disproportionate toc attack/defence power levels. As for the 'just build a bigger toc', if 15 quint doesn't do it, obviously that isn't the answer either. Whether it's your game style or not is irrelevant, like it or not, it's part of the game, but if accounts are so easily made undescendable it removes a whole aspect of the game and makes building toc pointless.
There has to be some way to balance things, maybe some kind of multiplier using the attackers toc and the defenders god diversion power, just a thought because i'm not sure what that's based on!
Sol
Forum Addict

The 'lesser descension' is the point of debate for the thread. The general idea is that you only need to remove half lfr and all lf to be able to descend a person for half the time.

At the time of my other post I had another solution, that I forgot, but now I remember:
- Make a bigger process out of recovering from a descension attack.
This attacks it from the time perspective by making it possibly faster for the enemy to descend a person because it takes them more time to recover.
Now this doesn't have to include just reducing the current recovery rate, it could also include other requirements to fully recover all lf and lfr (like requiring players to login).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Suggestions”