changing being descended

Suggest any improvements
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

changing being descended

this would be huge game change but i feel it would push the decending side alot

you can hit someone every tc and it take the same amount of hits to descend them as it take now. and instead of being descended for 3 weeks you only get descended for a couple days.

my thinking on this is because all active accounts have undescendable ascended accounts. doing something on the lines of what i am thinking would make ppl check there ascended more and maybe learn more and push to descend and to play ascended.

making it not impossible to descend the big accounts. but making the penalty alot less

again this is just a pitch not saying any of the numbers or amounts of time are anything
Spoiler
Game Over
Forum Elite

Re: changing being descended

You must have recently been descended. :-D :-D
CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

Lord Katsumoto wrote:You must have recently been descended. :-D :-D
Hahahaha this ^^

Sorry phob but that's too good mate
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

CC90 wrote:
Lord Katsumoto wrote:You must have recently been descended. :-D :-D
Hahahaha this ^^

Sorry phob but that's too good mate
No I have not lol I just dont like the why descending works lol
Spoiler
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

2 days isn't enough punishment, some wouldn't even notice the difference.

being descended is a good learning incentive (learnt hard way in server war).

and from distant memory its only 2 weeks forced vac and a couple of days on a ppt type thing.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

~NyX~ wrote:2 days isn't enough punishment, some wouldn't even notice the difference.

being descended is a good learning incentive (learnt hard way in server war).

and from distant memory its only 2 weeks forced vac and a couple of days on a ppt type thing.
I have a 4.38 b toc witch I feel is above average. And for the "more active" players with 900s it would take me almost 40 hits..... Not even worth really trying to descend. And how many active players dont have 900s. Not very many and the fact that getting them isnt to difficult.
Spoiler
frazz
Forum Irregular

In some ways I see where you coming from

What's more important would be linking the personals along the lines of descensions hits to make sure its possible to descend

An idea would be to make the refill rate slightly different depending hits against you ie it slows down for every hit by a percentage if not signed in over a few days

Something like that
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
cold lazarus
Forum Newbie

Or keep the minimum hits for a descension at 4, but make every descension hit a critical hit. All accounts then become descendable but the minimum time for a descension stays the same. To make it really interesting revisit the idea of losing an ascension level every time an account is descended.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Slight tweaks would be fine, But some people cannot be online all day long they have things like work/sleep/life, Logging in within 12 hours to check is fine, Having to be online checking every 3/4 hours is asking too much.

I'm not down with the idea of taking away ascensions being punished once is enough.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
cold lazarus
Forum Newbie

" But some people cannot be online all day long they have things like work/sleep/life, Logging in within 12 hours to check is fine, Having to be online checking every 3/4 hours is asking too much."

Agreed, but what i'm suggesting is keep the current set up, where it takes a minimum of 4 consecutive hits for a descension, so logging in within 12 hours to check would still be enough to stop it, but increase the damage done so that the max damage limit is reached sooner. That way all accounts become descendable, but none can be descended in less than 4 hits. Even then, i suspect the higher level accounts will need considerably more than 4.

Didnt think the idea of dropping an ascension level would be popular :D
Sol
Forum Addict

Thought I replied to this...
Ideas like this one regarding 'softer' descensions have been mentioned a few times in the past, might be worth digging up the older threads to see the outcomes.
I was planning to implement something along the lines of this anyway. The general idea has merit.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Sol wrote:Ideas like this one regarding 'softer' descensions have been mentioned a few times in the past, might be worth digging up the older threads to see the outcomes.
Sol is referring to THIS.
cold lazarus wrote:Agreed, but what i'm suggesting is keep the current set up, where it takes a minimum of 4 consecutive hits for a descension, so logging in within 12 hours to check would still be enough to stop it, but increase the damage done so that the max damage limit is reached sooner. That way all accounts become descendable, but none can be descended in less than 4 hits. Even then, i suspect the higher level accounts will need considerably more than 4.
Damage DOES increase after each hit, that was implemented a while back. The defenders defensive skills become less effective as their life force reserves drop.

As for artificially increasing damage to the point of being descendable in 4 hits (which is 9 hours btw, not 12). You completely negate any investment the player makes in defensive skills.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
cold lazarus
Forum Newbie

I did look at that thread, and I admit I could have missed them, but I didn't see any changes coming from it.
I know damage increases after each hit, what i'm saying is, it needs to be adjusted to be more balanced so there are no undescendable accounts.
I never said raise the damage so everyone is descended in 4 hits, I said keep the minimum at 4 but increase the damage so that currently undescendable accounts become descendable in a reasonable timescale. The way it stands just now completely negates any investment in offensive skills, it's like
being able to build an unmassable defence at a fraction of the cost of the biggest strike, and then just sitting back because you're safe from attack.
frazz
Forum Irregular

In some ways there's an easy solution build bigger tocs and will take more damage
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I think we should increase the power of ascend hits, and increase damage can be made.

But, to counter this, we could increase 5 hits before you can be descend for everybody.

There are too many account that are undescendable.

Time to re balance the game. :-D

Return to “Suggestions”