Server down ppt/ rollback

Suggest any improvements
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Server down ppt/ rollback

why is it main gives us a ppt and or a rollback when its down for a certain amount of time but ascended never does?
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Game Over
Forum Elite

Re: Server down ppt/ rollback

Good question. Last time the game went down while I was farming. I had Intel planets trained, and by the time I got back on, they were all destroyed.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

As Support puts it:
Support wrote: To clarify a few things:
Actual downtime is also downtime for us, we cannot access the server - so no chance of *immediate* PPT or early-warning.
Actual downtime 'ends' very abruptly; when the hosting company acts, everything comes back online for everyone without a chance for intervention on our side. We are creating a protocol to handle any such events in the future.
Support is a superhuman hawk compared to a meager mortal such as myself, as such, she tends to pick up problems and reacts much faster than I. So instead of ppt'ing you all a day after the event, compared to hawk-eye who can do it a few minutes to an hour after, I decide not to for the sake of fairness and continual game-play (i.e. what can happen will most likely happen in my case with ascended before I can react to it).

Rollbacks on the other hand, are a slightly different matter. Because there are more random chance and time sensitive matters on ascended (finding cool demi-gods, wreckages, some achievements etc., demi auctions - which don't apply as of late, but you get the idea), it's better left alone rather than get a large amount of complaints from people losing what was fairly gained.
In a perfect world lag and server crashes don't happen, but they do, even with AA MMORPG games that have server farms around the world.

That said, in the event a significant amount of accounts are bugged/glitched or otherwise gain/lose a significant amount of resources I tend to do a rollback, especially events caused by human interference.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

ok, just wondered as main seems to compensate us more, but its the same amount of down time on ascended as it is on main.

decending timing would be an issue to some too, seconds can mean the diffence about being to log in and defend yourself or to doing a final hit.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707

Return to “Suggestions”