Question regarding Era 41 and the Quantum Legends

Should Era 41 ('Beta') count as a Full Era in Q Legends?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:23 am

Yes (See OP)
44%
No (See OP)
56%

Total votes: 16
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Question regarding Era 41 and the Quantum Legends

Quantum is played in no small part for the "Legends". This esteemed hall records who did what in which Era, and especially, who finished where and with what stats.

A whole lot of wh-words, which brings me to the question at hand.

Era 41 was originally advertised as a full Era, preceded by a 4 week Beta period. Circumstances forced the temporarily short-handed Administration to focus their attention elsewhere and the Era was left to run its full course, not resetting in the meantime but continuing on the path.
As a consequence, people who would have normally played full on to win the Era did not, and while a group of people definitely put in an effort worthy of recognition, the majority did not.

Several options are open, and I would like your opinion on whether or not to treat Era 41 as a regular *full* Era. 4 days to make your decision, I will execute the majority vote.
For this, I have reduced the options to a simple 'Yes' or 'No':

Yes: means the Era is ranked among the Legends with no mention of the Beta status, Glory earned is Glory counted.
No: means the Era is ranked among the Legends, with mention of the Beta status, no Glory earned in Era 41 is counted. (Era 41 would be 'nullified', while it remains recorded and quite visible, the scores would not affect the Multiverse ranking.)
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Re: Question regarding Era 41 and the Quantum Legends

I voted No, as I was one who didn't finish playing due to the promises
But I can see since no limit is placed a Yes will come out as who will get the extras.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Just to clarify for you TheLost, and anyone else with trouble reading.

This is about ONLY the glory.

NO other bonuses will remain either way, no cash bonuses for winning, no bank upgrades.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Nothing was lost when posted.
Extras I ment the extra glory.
to me I don't really care either way as it gives nothing or helps anyone in anyway cept to show off there epenis size.
V_
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): V

Personally I would vote for any glory earnt in the first four weeks of the era being removed and any glory after that being maintained - maybe an easier (less fair) method would be to apply a multiplier of 0.67 to the total glory earnt that era.

At the end of the day we all had the same information from admin and first and foremost that was that Beta was for the first 4 week period and I'm not sure if that could be interpreted any other way than that the Beta period was for the first 4 weeks only... not the whole era.

The promise of a reset wasn't met, yet that only put the people who played the Beta at an advantage to those who didn't play the Beta. Both in terms of stats and glory. Those who didn't play the Beta were at a significant disadvantage, like myself.

I'm not sure if admin were going for a mind game with that slogan of 'Don't Stop Believing' or not..? If you didn't stop believing you went well for the era, if you did stop believing you stopped playing. Whether or not that was the intention of the slogan it seems more than relevant to the way the era eventually unfolded...

Who this would affect the most are FRY, Kikaz, Da Bait, Buttercutter, Blizebud, Ethan Page The [Joker] and Devias as they are all longer term players who did earn a decent amount of glory this era. For me it doesn't really matter, my account is a new account so it's not close to being in the Legends Table, but for others they did earn a significant amount of Glory and on principle they ought to be able to keep it - even if others chose to opt out playing for that era.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Honestly I stopped playing after the first 4 weeks.

I just had a pretty big lead when I quit, so yeah doesn't affect me.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

I voted Yes...

Mainly because I am a "Glory-WhOore-Hound" and can use all the Glory I can suck from this game... [-X

'Bad Affy' sez... "I have nothing to add to the Hound comment..." :-"
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

I would say remove everything, as I planned to do some bank upgrades over that wave, but as they said that beta would not count, I was waiting till it resets but it never did so I am thinking that it all should be classed as Beta and all glory and other bonuses removed.
Support
Site Admin

20 hours left on the poll. Thanks for voting to those who did so far, appreciate the thought process.

If the balance stays as is (7 Yes, 9 No), the "No" option will be implemented as the poll ends.
Support
Site Admin

As per this poll Total Glory has been recalculated and a notification added to Era 41 record.

Thank you for giving your feedback. Appreciated!

Return to “General”