Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Ascension

So, cost of 1st ascension:
10,240,000 Naquadah
Minimum 80,000 UU

Anyone remember what the cost of the next ascensions were from the previous eras?

also, having looked the the legends pages, it seems the inactives also got ascended? how often did that happen? and did they loose all their UUs too? coz that would make farming suck for a while
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine
ID: 0

Re: Ascension

Cant remember the next cost but put it this way no-one is going to get anywhere near 16 unless there has been changes since era 37.

inactives just get ascended without loosing units. You can be inactive 1 or 2 months and probably still catch up in ascensions because of the wall that everyone hits meaning they cant ascend any more due to cost.

I Hope a change is made to the ascensions before its too late, so at least if you play well you can reach 15-16

EDIT: this link should help clear things up

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=200787
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

well.. from that thread...
Kikaz wrote:Level 5 - Ancient DemiGod
(10,240,000 Naquadah & Minimum 2,880,000 souls)
and ours is currently is
Level 0 - Mortal
(10,240,000 Naquadah & Minimum 80,000 souls)

So the naq requirements either, dont change for the first 5 levels, or are more expensive this era than the ones from that era?
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

I think there was a bug at the beginning of the era, making the ascensions all cost the same which was later fixed.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Every ascended era was bugged or at least very poorly balanced.
The first era me and High Empty broke the game. We had a huge advantage, inactives didn't ascend as much and income was vital. After he abused a bug that allowed him to get to the last ascended level much quicker than he should have (and only 1 in the game was able to ascend to the last level), I massed him down repeatedly. We both ruined our accounts in the process and Akhal (if memory serves me well) was able to take the win.
The clone era - I don't think I played it so I can't say anything for certain, but there have been some imbalances as well if I recall.
The last ascended era was just sooo imbalanced. As someone said, the costs to ascend were huge. Inactives kept ascending at a high enough pace to make sure farming was still needed, but that meant that at the end the inactives (or those who didn't ascend at all) never lost any units and were only 2 or 3 levels less ascended than the highest ascending player.

Like in first and the last (can't be sure for the clone era), USSs gave a huge advantage due to offering a free ascension where - not only that you saved all that naq and UUs - you didn't lose anything while ascending. Last era the max USS count was also increased from 8 to 10 (if memory serves me right). I think Kikaz bought 9 USSs, had a huge advantage, but was massed and couldn't win due to bug abusers.. That's why Casper won.

So yeah, I believe this era (based on 3 previous eras which were pretty much the same) is bound to fail or be hugely imbalanced. Those bug abusers will pick up where they left 3 months ago since it's just a copy of that era, more or less.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

So no reply from any admin on if these issues might be fixed before its too late. Or if they might adjust the USS bonus before the market opens. Be nice if they could at least fix the cost of ascensions.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ronon Dex wrote:So no reply from any admin on if these issues might be fixed before its too late. Or if they might adjust the USS bonus before the market opens. Be nice if they could at least fix the cost of ascensions.
Just got home from work and looking into these posts >.<

I have adjusted the following:
  • Max Ascension Amount
  • Max Ascensions that can be bought using USS

I will be looking into Ascension Costs as well.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

Haz wrote:
Ronon Dex wrote:So no reply from any admin on if these issues might be fixed before its too late. Or if they might adjust the USS bonus before the market opens. Be nice if they could at least fix the cost of ascensions.
Just got home from work and looking into these posts >.<

I have adjusted the following:
  • Max Ascension Amount
  • Max Ascensions that can be bought using USS

I will be looking into Ascension Costs as well.
Good job buddy ;)
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Cost of Ascensions has changed.
Inactives Ascensions has also been changed.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

Haz wrote:Cost of Ascensions has changed.
Inactives Ascensions has also been changed.
I'll give praise where its due, nice work to get things adjusted before it was too late.

Lets hope the changes make it a more interesting era. ;)
shaba
Fledgling Forumer

Yea era 37 had issues that got corrected around the 10th or 11th ascension that made it almost impossible to advance further.

Nice fixes, will be interesting to see where it goes

Return to “General”