Re: Notice of q server petition

haz admin on q #-o i quit in time :-D
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Boycott the use of $ in Q

I know I said 24h a couple days ago in the other thread, but given the server outage we opted to wait longer so Haz could devote his time fixing the mess the server outage caused.. We feel we've waited long enough. No response was given.

So, here's what's going to happen. We would like everyone to boycott the supporter function in order to make admins understand just how strong our desire for a clean and balanced game is. Anyone buying any USSs, FSSs - heck even the infusion bonus - will get massed. Period. Perhaps when the money stops flowing the admins will notice our request for a server clean of cheaters and for a server where players who don't spend any $ can compete on an equal footing with those who do.

Those that have already bought an USS in this era (you and we all know who you are) - please post here and show your support to make the game a better place for everyone. Say you won't buy anything else until the issues are solved. Failure to do so or breaking your word will result in you being massed.

I hope the community can step together once more and boycott the ingame "support" options. The game is very unbalanced - we all know that. We also all agree that cheaters should be banned.

Please also realize that it is nothing personal if we mass you due to buying an USS or something. We just know that the only way this could work is if all of us stepped together, but we also realize some just might not want to hand over the advantage their RL wallet brings into the game. However, there's no other way. We have no desire to go on a massing spree, but we won't hesitate to go either. Note - some people have already been massed, for various reasons.
We will also continue massing cheaters and their helpers.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Moriarty
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: Ancient
ID: 1991944
Alternate name(s): ~M~

Re: Boycott the use of $ in Q

+1
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

While I like the concept and understand that there are issues with Q, there's the whole "judge, jury and executioner" thing.

Anyways, you certainly have my word not to buy anything.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

You do realize has doesn't get paid for his job? Stopping money flow probably wouldn't speed anything up....
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

Someone gets paid tho... Perhaps they will do something when their income stops.

As for USS I wont ever be spending $ on this game. I started my come back era with a couple but that is it. This game can be won and fun can still be had without the use of it.

As for my alliance, I know some of them wont post (They don't really do forums) I will put it to them that the USS's halt until someone in power starts doing some good.

Jack i'll post on behalf the guys that wont come here once i get a response from them.
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

lol. So now its gone from;
ADMIN DO WHAT I SAY OR ELSE
to
ENTIRE SERVER DO WHAT I SAY OR ELSE!
I'm tempted to buy a USS now although I had not planned to...

I suppose I'm not surprised.

The fact that you have threatened people who do not want to join your boycott shows exactly how weak a position you are in. Because now, even if everyone stops spending money, it will not be because they want to stop cheaters, it will be because they have been threatened by you.
So if admins want to start their money flowing again, they would be better off banning you. Interesting point that.
Rules wrote:5) Attempts to break into accounts, the game, or otherwise disrupt or slow down the game, or server, are strictly illegal.
This would appear to be an attempt to disrupt the game, just in case you were hoping to be safe behind the line'
"but.. but.. but.. I didnt break any rules!"

So much for the server standing together to do something. As usual, its just the vocal few who shout threats at everyone else until they get their way. Maybe its time for them to grow up?

-Lord Protector S1eepy
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

S1eepy wrote:lol. So now its gone from;
ADMIN DO WHAT I SAY OR ELSE
to
ENTIRE SERVER DO WHAT I SAY OR ELSE!
I'm tempted to buy a USS now although I had not planned to...

I suppose I'm not surprised.

Although you do realise that even if everyone stops spending money, it will not be because they want to stop cheaters, it will be because they have been threatened by you.
So if admins want to start their money flowing again, they would be better off banning you. Interesting point that.
The only people that will feel like that will be people that don't care if the game is clean and fair. To be honest if i was jack I wouldn't care about these people as they either support cheats or are cheats.

At the end of the day Jack is trying to do the right thing by the game and the people that want a fair game, having you argue his every comment or plan is beginning to be quite boring, and almost sounds like you are supporting those found to have been breaking the rules.

EDIT: There is nothing in the rules that says its illegal to mass who ever you want.

I'm pretty sure this rule that you are quoting is in reference to physically slowing the game and servers down, and interfering with the uptime of the game, and has nothing to do with announcing that you or a group of people will mass anyone they want in the game. Even if said people are buyers of USS's
S1eepy
Forum Elite

I only argue when he is being unreasonable.
Trying to force others to your viewpoint is unreasonable.

I commend him for the work put in gathering evidence and presenting it in the first place, that was well done, and above the call of duty. But dragging it on when a decision was made is wasting everyones time.
But even after that, when the decision was reiterated, he is trying to force his opinion on others. There are a lot of people who will just accept that because he is shouting loudest, he must be correct. Unfortunately (for him) I am not one of those.

But apparently shouting hasn't done quite what Jack was hoping, so he's decided to take it one step further, and start threatening people into standing with him. Using fear and intimidation to gain support is definitely wrong.

I can see that some people agree with his original argument, believing the evidence as it was presented, and are disgruntled that the decision did not go their way. But sometimes thats how life is, we dont get our way, we grumble for a while, but we move on.
Jack is going too far, issuing ultimatums to the admins, and threatening every player on the server unless they side with him.

So, sorry if you dont like me arguing against him, but I will always argue against the use of fear and intimidation as a tactic to win support. Its just in my nature to rebel against people who think they can get their way using those means.

Response to edit Edit;
It isn't stated that the rule refers to physical slowing of the game, just disruption of the game. Enforcing a boycott of part of the game would count as disrupting the game.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Jack should be banned. I dont think anyone should be banned. I was just pointing out that IF the boycott is successful, it will be because Jack is threatening people, so the best way to remove that problem, would be to ban Jack. And if the admins decide they want to, they have an excuse. (even though they dont actually need one)
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

There's only 3/4 of the active quantum population that actually bother to post in the forums but i bet if they did you would see that Jack had alot more of the servers backing than not he is just the voice of many. 1 person trying to bully and intimidate? I think not.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Excellent plan neim :-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
S1eepy
Forum Elite

Neimenljivi wrote:Anyone buying any USSs, FSSs - heck even the infusion bonus - will get massed. Period.
Neimenljivi wrote:Say you won't buy anything else until the issues are solved. Failure to do so or breaking your word will result in you being massed.
Bullying and intimidation
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Right S1eepy :roll: Because it never happened in the history of the game that people went after $penders who got a huge lead due to $, right? :roll:

Like Ronon said - those who don't agree with the majority of Q - yes some don't like to post on forums, but if you saw our inboxes you would have known the majority supports the cause (heck you should have known that even just from the number of players who signed the petition) - are usually cheaters and/or their friends, like you.

The rest of us are fed up with the way things stand. This is not just Hippy not being banned, it was about other cheaters weren't banned since the new admins came either, you haven't played a couple eras before the new admins took over, but $ actually had such a small influence on the game that it really was just a way to support the game and not the way to win the game. Bar last era, ever since the new admins took over, $$ suddenly mean a huge advantage again. We don't want this. No, this isn't me posting something to force people to agree with me, there are a lot of players who already feel the same. We just want the people to step together and do something about what all of us want.

Those who keep buying USSs will be massed because they gain a huge advantage over everyone else by buying USSs, something - I am sure you agree with me - that isn't good. They're free to do whatever they want. We will remove their advantage, that is all.

Of course, it's way better to ban me as I am the one catching cheaters and making sure they're banned than to ban the cheaters which are the real problem. Way to go :smt043

Thanks Ronon for alerting them :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer

Have spoken to most of my guys and they have said they will not buy any more USS.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I just bought 2 USS.

Time to give quantum a go me thinks.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.

Return to “General”