Thoughts regarding 'Ascension Era's'

Corkscrew
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Thoughts regarding 'Ascension Era's'

Not too sure if its been brought up before but its very linear if you look at the long run. Having a cap on tech and covert levels too a very minimal effect really does restrict what you can potentially achieve and how you intend too spend your naq towards the end of the era.

You can pretty much foresee how everyone will stand regarding covert and AC ranks with the cap limitation on techs, the only mathematical permutation you have too decide on is whether too ascend or not towards the end and take the chance with the extra 3 covert levels whilst sacrificing quiet a few million units.

Thus leaving you with 3 stats too sink all your naq into, though you could fault some for sinking their naq into stats rather than UP at the start of the era. But with the theory of ascension and enlightenment, would it be possible too integrate UP into unlocking more fortifcations, more techs, deem it a sense of discovering more knowledge through schooling. This too can result in a very direct form of gameplay so integrate g&r as a form of multiplier or in someway force people too maintain a decent rank rather than idling and doing little too nothing for 2/3's of the era. Its a rough idea.

Just thought id throw it out there and get an idea how people feel regarding the whole thing, would love too hear some suggestions regarding the matter or any ideas. Enjoying Quantum atm, would love too get more players involved, perhaps a shake up might stirr the pot.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Thoughts regarding 'Ascension Era's'

I agree there should have been some sort of a twist added in, but I think it's too late now to do it mid-era, something as significant as that anyway.

GnR rank, when introduced, used to add up to the overall rank, which was a good addition IMHO. It was then removed - without anyone being told it was removed, I heavily relied on it and lost a #1 at the end because I calculated that in my calculations of ending rankings - and I still have no idea why.
It was a good way to force people to fight over ranks throughout the entire era. It also wasn't a positive loop, making the big and those who are in front even bigger and further away from the rest.

Anyway, I hope this is the last ascended era. Ever.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Neimenljivi wrote:I agree there should have been some sort of a twist added in, but I think it's too late now to do it mid-era, something as significant as that anyway.

GnR rank, when introduced, used to add up to the overall rank, which was a good addition IMHO. It was then removed - without anyone being told it was removed, I heavily relied on it and lost a #1 at the end because I calculated that in my calculations of ending rankings - and I still have no idea why.
It was a good way to force people to fight over ranks throughout the entire era. It also wasn't a positive loop, making the big and those who are in front even bigger and further away from the rest.

Anyway, I hope this is the last ascended era. Ever.

~Jack
Affy seconds THAT motion!!

'Bad Affy' sez "I thirds that motion..." :smt006
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

in my opinion, if we wanted to play an ascension based game we would play main. Keep Q separate

Return to “General”