Bugs Era 28

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Bugs Era 28

Bugs - era 28 'stones of power' go here....

already I do not understand the covert power checker bug... it seems to work for me....
Don't make me use this!!!
Abhi
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Bugs Era 28

What about the AC bug that allows you to AC someone with a def higher than your strike with minimal damage? Or is that a feature?
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

When I selected a Commander the screen went to an SQL Error screen, but my new CO choice was successful upon the click. Just seemed that the screen did not refresh back to a normal screen!

Not a big deal but thought I should pass the info along in case it was something that could lead to a larger issue.

Old Man River Stonez Affy
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Affirmation wrote:When I selected a Commander the screen went to an SQL Error screen, but my new CO choice was successful upon the click. Just seemed that the screen did not refresh back to a normal screen!

Not a big deal but thought I should pass the info along in case it was something that could lead to a larger issue.

That happened to me too when I set myself as my CO. Forgot to post here but thanks Affy!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

can you explain/elaborate?

Abhi wrote:What about the AC bug that allows you to AC someone with a def higher than your strike with minimal damage? Or is that a feature?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

thanks ... fixed :-"

Affirmation wrote:When I selected a Commander the screen went to an SQL Error screen, but my new CO choice was successful upon the click. Just seemed that the screen did not refresh back to a normal screen!

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

HippyFool wrote:
And some problems from last era...

3) Assassins were not being killed when you attacked someone with defense. This meant that you could mass someones spies through their defense with only a fraction of the attack power....and not lose any assassins!

4) Can you please clarify if there is a maximum amount of turns able to be held or not? At the start of last era you said there was a max, and some people lost turns... but by the end of the era some people had 18k+ turns and were not losing any.

5) Also, is it deliberate that the formula for cov/AC is now based on square roots, which makes training spies/assassins and/or buying techs far less useful in comparison to being replicator race or buying cov/AC lvls? (You practically can't win unless you are repli now..)

6) Is there any chance that you can even out covert and AC power compared to att and def so that they are actually big enough to impact alliance power? (e.g not have att/def in the trillions and cov/AC in the billions.)

7) Oh and could you make AC ranks show in quantum legends? It is annoying guessing everyones final ranks! And it makes it impossible to calculate exactly how close everyones ranks were!

8 ) Aaaaand also... The game clock still loses or gains a few seconds or minutes per day...

:smt117
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Forum wrote:can you explain/elaborate?

Abhi wrote:What about the AC bug that allows you to AC someone with a def higher than your strike with minimal damage? Or is that a feature?

Last wave when person A with a strike of 50 tries to AC someone with a def of 55+ (basically even when the def was higher than strike by a lot), as long as person A has a higher AC power than person B, they can successfully AC person B WHILE sustaining minimal losses. And this is also true when person A has a strike which is very close to person B's def (eg, A has a strike of 50, B has a def of 45)

In real terms, when I farmed someone with my12 quad strike while they had a 10 quad def and I left my AC trained up, I would be able to kill upto a million spies (if they had their spies trained up) while only loosing 5-7k AC agents myself. If they lost a few hundred spies, my losses would be 3-4k max.

Is this a feature? or a Bug?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

You were always able to AC through one's defence, as far as I remember, although the AC losses on your side were comparable with spy losses on the other side - albeit ACer lost less, the losses were still comparable (eg ACer lost 900k ACs while the one that was being attacked lost 1 mil spies). If of course we took a hypothetical situation of ACer having the same amount of ACs trained like the number the one ACer was attacking through defence had spies with their power being roughly the same.

Losing 5k ACs while killing 1 mil spies is (unless your AC power with the same amount of ACs vs opponent's spies was like 200x bigger, which is doubtful) definitely a bug.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:You were always able to AC through one's defence, as far as I remember, although the AC losses on your side were comparable with spy losses on the other side - albeit ACer lost less, the losses were still comparable (eg ACer lost 900k ACs while the one that was being attacked lost 1 mil spies). If of course we took a hypothetical situation of ACer having the same amount of ACs trained like the number the one ACer was attacking through defence had spies with their power being roughly the same.

Losing 5k ACs while killing 1 mil spies is (unless your AC power with the same amount of ACs vs opponent's spies was like 200x bigger, which is doubtful) definitely a bug.

~Jack

My point exactly.
Enter|Shikari
Forum Regular
Alliance: HVE - CV
Race: Kraken
ID: 85384

I have spied on players with the stones! i know I have cos they told me they had them. But I did not see one thing in the spy log about a stone. The only time it worked was on the covert stone. WTH is going on
Spoiler
M4gic_H4nds wrote:Thel and I rock the Gimp.
[BoT] Jason wrote:But I'm not leet...
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Lol and it's not supposed to work on covert stone - no one should be able to even successfully spy or sab the owner, let alone see anything :P

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Enter|Shikari
Forum Regular
Alliance: HVE - CV
Race: Kraken
ID: 85384

Neimenljivi wrote:Lol and it's not supposed to work on covert stone - no one should be able to even successfully spy or sab the owner, let alone see anything :P

~Jack

yeah i know that but i cant tell if anyone has any of the other stones either
Spoiler
M4gic_H4nds wrote:Thel and I rock the Gimp.
[BoT] Jason wrote:But I'm not leet...
Scenester
Forum Regular

Enter|Shikari wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Lol and it's not supposed to work on covert stone - no one should be able to even successfully spy or sab the owner, let alone see anything :P

~Jack

yeah i know that but i cant tell if anyone has any of the other stones either

Dont think you know who has them just because it says so in your command center at The State of Stones.
Because that only updates like every 24hours or so (i think?)...
By then it could have switched hands 20 times.

I still wonder what it looks like in a spy report when someone does have a stone though.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok my bad. when you spied someone, it would tell you in the spy report if YOU had a stone at the time :)

it now tells you if THEY have a stone at the time..

looks like this:
http://herebegames.com/files/file.php?id=130579

it should be pretty obvious if the person you try to spy has the covert stone...

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”