ERA 30 BUGS

Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: ERA 30 BUGS

It's all fixed now Harchie so come on down ;)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Scenester
Forum Regular

The more units you train the smaller your ''average level'' becomes, but the costs increase big time.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Scenester wrote:The more units you train the smaller your ''average level'' becomes, but the costs increase big time.

Not necessarily a bug, but a mathematical feature? Training 500 new Miners will drastically affect your Total average Levels of all the Miner Troops, because you are introducing 500 Level 1's into a pool of 2-3000 mostly Level 1's with maybe a few hundred Level 2's.

Every new unit comes in as a 'Level 1' and every upgrade shown as the Default Upgrade is the price to upgrade EVERY unit of each type One whole level. If you have 100 units = 100 X 150,000 NAQ,
if you have 1000 units of a type = 1000 X 150,000 NAQ.
The cost to upgrade every unit one level remains a constant, the variable is the total number of each type of units you have tallied to Upgrade, and the significance that each level upgrade has on a smaller pool as related to a larger pool of units.

I never use the Default amount, if I want to upgrade, I first Delete the Miners amount (everyone will have large number of Miners compared to other Troop types!), of which the cost to upgrade all 2-3000 Miners at this time, since it is a linear fixed cost, is VERY cost prohibitive because we are not making, nor able to quickly Farm enough NAQ to upgrade every Miner we possess in one Upgrade turn. Yet the cost shown is always the cost required to Upgrade ALL XXXX Miners one level.

So, every time you upgrade you will have only a small amount of the Miners that will upgrade one level:

You started with 500 Miners.
You Upgrade once with only 10,500,000 NAQ (doable currently) of the 500 Miners 100 get upgraded to Level 2, While the rest remain at Level 1. It is the same for every type of unit. Because of the large number of Miners, the upgrades will affect the average total Level much less. It will be different with the other Troops, since we normally train a much smaller amount, each upgrade of 5 Attack/Defense troops (a 5 X 150,000 or 750,000 NAQ) will double their Levels and double the Total Average from Level 1 to 2, then next 750,000 NAQ doubles from 2 to 3 average.

If you think you want to Boost your Covert troops, delete all the Figures in every other Upgrade column and put 50,000,000 NAQ all on Covert Troops Upgrade! You will see the average level of 25, 50, or 100 Covert Troops jump up quickly (whereas 3000 Miners wont hardly do pizz with 50,000,000 NAQ right now).

The best thing about this feature will come later in the Era, when we can Upgrade Troops effectiveness with MASSIVE amounts of NAQ we will have later, while the cost to upgrade each Troop remains constant at a then cheap price of 150,000 per. There are actually ways a player can start several weeks late in this Era, but, catch up rapidly (more rapidly than ever) by applying the right combination of Level Upgrades to the Troops. It does not seem that effective now, cause our "nominal NAQ Income gathering/producing capabilities" to the cost per UU Upgrade ratio is VERY high (i.e. also due to Lower amounts of ATs available). With every passing week this will change proportionally!

In this case, the person who plays steadily should win, but, the person who comes in later still has a fighting chance if they play smart!

OK, now my brain is seeping juice and is fried, must go to bed......

'Bad Affy' sez... What brain?? :smt015
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”