bugs - era 30

Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Re: bugs - era 30

I don't believe the '1 Troop' problem is a Bug, it is part of the Feature?

Plus, I was NOT able to Upgrade only One Troop, I had to buy a second Troop to be able to Upgrade any of them... If people ARE able to Upgrade only ONE troop then THAT is the bug!!!!

Here is the theory:
Yes, you can 'Super Upgrade' 2 Troops. Hence you have a Super-Duper AMPed Defender on your Defense right now, OR, a Super-AMPed jacked up Attack troop with your 100 Quadrillion-Zillion Offense you are hitting me with to farm the stupid less than INactive Farm NAQ amount (not that this happened... but to the Dummy that did... Duhhhhh).

But, if you pizz Affy (or whomever...) off throwing around your One Super-AMPed Duper-Jacked up Troop at me, I will Dump the 500 Million or so NAQ I already have in my off-site Bank at 5,10,15,50, or maybe even 100 Defense Troops so the next time you hit me you will LOSE your ONE Super-Duper AMPed to the ballz Jacked up Super-Troop that you spent 40 Zillion NAQ Upgrading...

As far as I can tell we are losing Troops in battle, I know I lost Covert and Defense troop in a hit already. That means SUPER TROOPS CAN GET KILLED!!

Then what will you do??? Throw another 500 Million NAQ at ONE/TWO more Troops?? That can be killed by my 5 Super AMPed troops or sabbed by my 5 Super Jacked COVERT/AC Troops? Or would it be better putting your NAQ into AMPing the dog-ballz outta your Miners so that one month from now I can't come crush you with my superior resources.

This is all up for grabs, there is no one best way to do it. There are now MANY ways to play this Era, it will make your Brain hurt!!

But, I would caution anyone against putting ALL their NAQ into one Super AMPed troop. If the Super Troops get killed first... What then? You are in jeopardy of placing all your resources into an expendable/super-expensive Troop, while the rest of us build, Amp, grow, and balance out our resources...

Or is it? :smt017

Anyway, the only Bug I can see if anyone was Able to Upgrade only one Troop, I could not!!
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

This era sucks.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Scenester
Forum Regular

@ Affy you can upgrade 1 troop. but not with 150,000 at a time, you had to have more naq in there like 300.000 or so...
And the bug is like me an ahbi ttried to explain numerous times but you don't seem to listen is that:
When you train 2 units, the 100% level is averaged so you get 2x 50% units, which is like how its supposed to go however your total power DROPS and that shouldn't happen. Because that means that 1 unit just is alot stronger then 2 or more.
And therefor no one trains more units, because you can spend 209483bazillion on 2000 units but they all die by the hand of 1 because that 1 unit is alot stronger because of the **Filtered** BUG BUT THERE IS NO **Filtered** ADMIN MONITORING THIS **Filtered** GAME mkay?
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Human
ID: 63671
Alternate name(s): Supreme Commander Thor

Scenester wrote:And therefor no one trains more units, because you can spend 209483bazillion on 2000 units but they all die by the hand of 1 because that 1 unit is alot stronger because of the **Filtered** BUG BUT THERE IS NO **Filtered** ADMIN MONITORING THIS **Filtered** GAME mkay?

God i love you Scenester. But ya im gona have to sit this era out cause of this BS. If there was the ability to untrain everything would be right as rain but nope. And now that i was back i was really looking forward to trying to raise my G&R up the total ranks. :(
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

alucard110 wrote:100% bonus for one Unit = 1 unit with 100% bonus

100% bonus for two Units = 2 units with 50% bonus's each.... Etc...

I dont this applies, from another player i asked his upgrade costs and untis amount.
I will simply display the info, and you can draw your own conclusion.

Info from me and another player:

player A

attackers amount: 10
amp cost: 1,500,000

defenders amount: 10

coverts amount: 10

assassins amount: 180
amp cost: 27,000,000

Player B:

attackers amount: 200
amp cost: 15,000,000

defenders amount: 200
amp cost: 15,000,000

coverts amount: 300
amp cost: 45,000,000

assassins amount: 200
amp cost: 30,000,000

EDIT: I made an error, edited
not 100 but 20 times

Is it me, or is it cheaper to amp more in 1 go.
Seeing as for example the attackers cost ten times more, while there are 20 times more units in there ;)

A bit different with assassis and coverts obviously.
Last edited by Drought on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
a very bad hairdo
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Ok you can all stop complaining now. I just maxed out my one little unit.

Jaffa Guards
Your standard defensive unit. Average Level: 9,999.99 1

Try as I might, I can increase him no more! The only thing to boost him now are techs. So really I have 1 invincible super powerful defender, but I cannot really increase my defense anymore. As soon as I want to increase, I have to train more units. This will lower my defense. Eventually I will have to train more than the indestructable amount (whatever that is) and my defense will then be massable (not to 0, but to a max of a few units).

So there, era fixed :D

Also, some other things that you might ALL FIND INTERESTING in regard to stats not increasing straight away. You DON'T have to wait for turn change.

For income - set crit then take off crit. YAY correct income shown.

For att/def - go to armory and click repair on the att or def weapon (it works if it says 0 and you have 0 naq). YAY correct att and defense shown.

For cov/AC I am not sure yet...but you can just buy 1 tech and it makes it show the correct number (you can do this for att/def too).

ENJOY! :smt117

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

And there we have it, the definitive answer.
This era is not bugged (in regards to the balance of that 1 unit).

It does pretty much mess up the initial phase, though. ;)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

For covert it's enough to spy someone, the stats get corrected afterwards.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1915439
Alternate name(s): Flash

Maximum AMP lvl 9999.99 if update more- lvl not up but naq lost :(
Abhi
Forum Irregular

HippyFool wrote:Ok you can all stop complaining now. I just maxed out my one little unit.

Jaffa Guards

Try as I might, I can increase him no more! The only thing to boost him now are techs. So really I have 1 invincible super powerful defender, but I cannot really increase my defense anymore. As soon as I want to increase, I have to train more units. This will lower my defense. Eventually I will have to train more than the indestructable amount (whatever that is) and my defense will then be massable (not to 0, but to a max of a few units).

Also, some other things that you might ALL FIND INTERESTING in regard to stats not increasing straight away. You DON'T have to wait for turn change.

For att/def - go to armory and click repair on the att or def weapon (it works if it says 0 and you have 0 naq). YAY correct att and defense shown.

For cov/AC I am not sure yet...but you can just buy 1 tech and it makes it show the correct number (you can do this for att/def too).

First of all, welcome back!

Second, those things are called workarounds and not solutions. The bug is still there.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Abhi wrote:
HippyFool wrote:Ok you can all stop complaining now. I just maxed out my one little unit.

Jaffa Guards

Second, those things are called workarounds and not solutions. The bug is still there.

I am probably not back. Just bug hunting :D

And sure, I suppose you are correct that they are bugs, but when you play Q as long as I did... if WE can do something about it without admin, there isn't much point calling it a bug! :roll:

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Scenester
Forum Regular

HippyFool wrote:
Abhi wrote:

Jaffa Guards

I am probably not back. Just bug hunting :D

And sure, I suppose you are correct that they are bugs, but when you play Q as long as I did... if WE can do something about it without admin, there isn't much point calling it a bug! :roll:

How do you fix having the total amount of power drop when you train more then 1 unit? :neutral:
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

I am listening, but, you all are not necessarily (maybe cause I write too much BS... HAHA). You are thinking two-dimensionally for an Era that has THREE dimensional thinking and 'NEW' math to consider now.

Cost to Upgrade 1 Troop is ALWAYS 150,000 NAQ! That is a constant.

Now that Hippy (and others.... HAHA although I realize it was for experiments sake!) have blown precious Daily RAW UP Upgrade NAQ fooling around finding the Maximum upgrade LEVEL per ONE TROOP, (repeat.... UPGRADE LEVEL FOR ONE TROOP) is 9999.pi then we all know how strong ONE GD TROOP can be upgraded. Luckily the Upgrade Levels are Finite else Affy would be also be whining right along with you all!!

However, Once that one Troop is upgraded 9999 times it STOPS BEING UPGRADED!!!

The second, and all subsequent Troops you short sighted woodpecker-heads fail to either 'Grow' or Train, and then eventually Upgrade... STILL ONLY TAKE 150,000 NAQ per Level to Upgrade...
(Affy is of course KIDDING about the Doodie-Head comment, but I feel strongly about the 'Short-Sighted' adjective part... :smt043 )

Get it???

While you have been debating, and buggerying off your ONE Super Troop, I have been working on my Daily RAW UP Upgrades, AND, Upgrading the Dog Ballz offa multiple Troops!! In a few days, weeks, Affy Dookie- break times, etc. (i.e. @ some future date in this Era...) when you are still whining, and moaning, and sitting around stroking your ONE Super 9999 times Upgraded troop, someone (or Affy maybe... although most likely NOT since I am essentially a lazy passivist Wussy-head) will come and wipe the Quantum floor on your ONE GD Super 9999 times Upgraded Troop, with my now almost 100 times the same number of 9999 times Upgraded Troops!! Get it?? It is still a math game of proportionally growing realities...
One constant that has NOT changed in Quantum.... ONE TROOP CAN ONLY MAN ONE WEAPON!!

'Bad Affy' reminds you that Multiple Weapons with Techs are also STILL IN PLAY!

Yes, in the short term of one day, or one turn the Power numbers will reflect one thing, or maybe something completely false for all we know, Holy crap for 7 years we have had Quantum Eras with Stats and power figures that don't always Update on the button press, we have to massage them, Change Realm Alert levels, buy a Weap, Sell a Weap, bribe a green-skinned Quantum space hooker, whatever to see the correct levels. All that really matters is when the chips are down, Do MY XXX number of Super Jacked Up troops/Weaps beat YOUR XXX number of Super Jacked Up troops/Weaps, RIGHT??

Theory of Relativity folks... If Affy is Packing XXX number of Guns against XXX number of your kinfe, my guns are gonna kick your knife's azz...

And right now the only bug I see, is that I HAD TO TRAIN TWO MUtha Fing Troops of each kind before I was able to start Upgrading it!! Kudos and Cheers to anyone who was able to train ONE troop only and Upgrade ONE and Only ONE troop. I COULD NOT! If you say you could, and I could not then THAT is a Bug. Try as I could, place more/less than 150,000 NAQ on the line, I could NOT get any Attack/Defense/Covert/AC troops to Upgrade until I bought a second troop. Miners worked from the start, cause, we all started with a few hundred miners!! Also, the only other thing I could see is that sometimes if you had say 750,000 NAQ showing, and you placed 750,000 NAQ only for Upgrading just one type of troop, the Upgrade process would not work. When I added more NAQ to my NAQ showing (i.e. Went from 750,000 to say 755,000 NAQ) the upgrade at 750,000 NAQ worked just fine. That is possibly a Bug...

Affyism #72 - A Quantum BUG is only a BUG if one/or some players can do something that someone else cannot do under any circumstance... (i.e. Not understanding the Math, nor envisioning the long-term effects of something that works consistently and mathematically soundly the same for everyone, IS NOT A BUG! HAHA)

In any mathematical equation, average power levels, average Upgrade levels, ANY lower valued component added to any larger valued component is GOING TO MATHEMATICALLY DECREASE THE AVERAGE!!

But guess what, the upgrade costs are FIXED, SOLID, LINEAR, SAME, CONSTANT, UNCHANGING, or whatever other synonym I need to make the point that the cost to upgrade each troop up to Level 9999 is always 150,000 NAQ per Level.

At what point are you gonna want to have more Upgraded Troops than me, or the other guy, and are you all really wanting to bet your whole Era that your ONE Super NINER Troop is gonna beat my multiple ones???

Sorry for all the Caps, just wanted to make some points w/o having to go back and bold them, cause, essentially, I am still a lazy azz! HAHAHA

Now I am not saying that there are NOT any bugs, but what you all are telling me right now is
"Hey Affy, why is my one Troop able to be Super Upgraded 9999 times which makes my power levels 9999 times more effective??"
and,
"Hey Affy, when I add one more new Weak-azz puny non-upgraded troop to my one super 9999 times upgraded troop, my AVERAGE/TOTAL power drops??"

And I would say, "Opps, Affy just had an Allergy Cold Medicine fart..." :smt081
(Not really, I would say yes, you are correct, that is how this Feature mathematically works....)

This is Era 30 New math.... Adapt or be crushed. :smt089

Then I would strongly urge you to make sure you go out and Create, Train, and Upgrade MORE Super troops than Affy. Or risk finally letting me beat your pants off for an Era.

'Bad Affy' sez... Really Affy? After 29 Eras of no Top 5 Finishes you really think they are scared of you?? [-X
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Affirmation wrote:In any mathematical equation, average power levels, average Upgrade levels, ANY lower valued component added to any larger valued component is GOING TO MATHEMATICALLY DECREASE THE AVERAGE!!

true that, but total sum will be higher
which is now bugged and doesnt work
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers

nimious wrote:
Affirmation wrote:In any mathematical equation, average power levels, average Upgrade levels, ANY lower valued component added to any larger valued component is GOING TO MATHEMATICALLY DECREASE THE AVERAGE!!

true that, but total sum will be higher
which is now bugged and doesnt work

bad math, F-

*Waits for this to all turn into one giant 'mathdebate'* I love mathdebating........ Oops i've said too much

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”