bugs - era 30

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: bugs - era 30

It all depends. Is level 1 considered 0 by the averaging authority? Then there's your problem.

1 Miner (AMPLevel 10 = Lvl 11.00)
1 Miner (AMPLevel 0 = Lvl 1.00)
+ =
2 Miners (AMPLevel 5 = Lvl 6.00)

9 Miners (AMPLevel 0 = Lvl 1.00)
+ =
10 Miners (AMPLevel 1 = Lvl 2.00)

99 Miners (AMPLevel 0 = Lvl 1.00)
+ =
100 Miners (AMPLevel 0.1 = Lvl 1.01)

Or am I missing something? 8-[
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

ربهالنوع wrote:It all depends. Is level 1 considered 0 by the averaging authority? Then there's your problem.

1 Miner (AMPLevel 0 = Lvl 1.00)
+ =
2 Miners (AMPLevel 5 = Lvl 6.00)

9 Miners (AMPLevel 0 = Lvl 1.00)
+ =
10 Miners (AMPLevel 1 = Lvl 2.00)

99 Miners (AMPLevel 0 = Lvl 1.00)
+ =
100 Miners (AMPLevel 0.1 = Lvl 1.01)

Or am I missing something? 8-[

This is the oversite that i am waiting to become more learned on (inherently) :P :P :P :P :P :P

My currently answer to the problem would be....Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh???.... cause i currently do not have the mental capacity to deduce such a enigma, nor do i have the turns/resources to test...

Bed.
Scenester
Forum Regular

Scenester wrote:PROOF

6 cov units
Covert119,411 Ranked: 17

10 cov units
Covert103,742 Ranked: 17

After the turn change:
Covert103,742 Ranked: 20

Thats why those who trained alot of units no matter the level now SUCK.

Untrained Worshipper Average Level: --- 3,200
MineSlave Average Level: 1.14 25,123
Turn Resource Production: 35,136,263

Untrained Worshipper Average Level: --- 600
MineSlave Average Level: 1.13 27,723
Turn Resource Production: 37,736,388

Miners does work,
Covert (and probably anti cov/offense and defense) don't work properly.
This is a bug.
Last edited by Scenester on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

alucard110 wrote:
nimious wrote:
Affirmation wrote:In any mathematical equation, average power levels, average Upgrade levels, ANY lower valued component added to any larger valued component is GOING TO MATHEMATICALLY DECREASE THE AVERAGE!!

true that, but total sum will be higher
which is now bugged and doesnt work

bad math, F-

*Waits for this to all turn into one giant 'mathdebate'* I love mathdebating........ Oops i've said too much

what is wrong with my math? :(
if you have lvl 11 attacker, and add one lvl 1, you have 2 at lvl 6, witch should give you same power as one at lvl 12. instead, it more like one at lvl 10 :?
Abhi
Forum Irregular

nimious wrote:
alucard110 wrote:
nimious wrote:
Affirmation wrote:In any mathematical equation, average power levels, average Upgrade levels, ANY lower valued component added to any larger valued component is GOING TO MATHEMATICALLY DECREASE THE AVERAGE!!

bad math, F-

*Waits for this to all turn into one giant 'mathdebate'* I love mathdebating........ Oops i've said too much

if you have lvl 11 attacker, and add one lvl 1, you have 2 at lvl 6, witch should give you same power as one at lvl 12. instead, it more like one at lvl 10 :?

I think he meant bad math on the part of the game. Not yours.
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

i don.t understand nothing this era maybe i need not play :-k
admin restart this era ;)
i farmed 600 turn all naq used in defence and...... after turn change rank 29 ](*,) ](*,)

p.s
i see now ha ha
Thank you- enjoy - and BE BETTER! Don't suck. --admin. :smt043
alucard110
Forum Irregular

Abhi wrote:
nimious wrote:
alucard110 wrote:
nimious wrote:

bad math, F-

I think he meant bad math on the part of the game. Not yours.

yeah, wasn't having a dig..
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

I haven't experimented enough with Power levels, mainly cause I never really concern myself with them since the game historically has had problems reporting Power levels and Stats often times enough that all I concern myself with is can the Crap I have beat the Stuff you have. Elementary level thinking, but, that is all I have at times!! HAHA

So I can see there could be Bugs in the Power levels and Ranking systems reporting Stat changes after alterations (i.e. Adding/Buying things, OR in this Era Upgrading Troops) but, has ANYONE had a problem where you bought/added/upgraded your stuff, after hitting someone and their 'stuff' beat your 'stuff' and after you know you bought/added/Upgraded enough 'stuff' that should have overtaken their stuff instead found your stuff was severely lacking??

If so, report the Two Player IDs in this Thread and we can take this to Admin, either they will check this Thread, OR, we can use the IDs during an Admin Weekly Chat.

Just a quick FYI, unless we report bugs using a clear information flow, Admin will just ignore the Postings as "Quantum Griping" and wait for a logical well-informed and thought out post.
(Example... If you just say "I tried to Upgrade and This ERA Sucks!" that post will be ignored!)

OK, after thinking on this some more today whilst driving back from a customer site, I have some new thoughts.
1. Are we certain that Power levels are being reported correctly as TOTAL power or is it some sort of AVERAGE power level? With all the averaging going on this Era, We actually DO run the risk of purchasing the wrong combination of items - # of Troops versus # of Weaps - and actually end up temporarily causing your Total Power levels to drop (and this will take some leap of faith thinking...) because the game takes What Weapons you have, and Applies the equal Number of Troops to those Weapons. SO, If the game is applying the Strongest Troops to Weapons FIRST, then Training new Troops should NOT affect your Total Power/Ranking. BUT, if the game is applying WEAKEST Troops First to available Weapons, well then you can see where buying New Troops will Immediately Affect your Total Power and subsequently your turn rankings drastically!!
(So, if you Train more Troops in effect, placing weaker Troops on your Weapons, you may have to buy more Weapons so that ALL your troops including the Most powerful, are actually Arming a Weapon to Keep your Power levels growing!!)

2. Do we know for certain What order our AMPed troops Die in if they are Sabbed/Attacked?? This can also affect Averages and Total Power levels either immediately Postively, or short-termed Adversely. The only real component we can control Power levels with is Buying or Selling off Weapons versus Number of Troops Trained/AMPed. I do not know yet, as I wasted too much NAQ the last time experimenting with AMPing large numbers of Troops, versus the 1/2 Troop Super AMPing theory. Since I did that I am now past the point of no return, especially with Covert Troops. Although my 250 Covert Troops, AMPed to about 750-1000 Levels allowed me to see the NAQ showing for all but one or two of the Top 5 Ranked players! So, I would think they were somehow being roughly as effective as Super AMPing 1/2 Covert Troops 9999 times. I did not test them in a Sabbing situation. But, you stay with your 1/2 Covert Troops, and we will see what happens when I can afford to Train the rest of my 250 up to 9999 Times! HAHA

3. Crap, I forgot what my third point was by the time I typed down to here... (I did have three points earlier when I got outta my truck)

'Bad Affy' sez... A feeble Brain is a terrible thing to Strain! :shock:

Basically, we need to get some answers from Forum/Admin types! (Which Troops Die first? Which Troops are 'Armed' on Weapons first? How are Power and Rankings being determined, Total or some sort of Average? How is Covert/AC strength determined in relation to AMPing levels? Is it being reported correctly, and used correctly in the 'Battle' coding? Etc.)

Then, once we have those answers, do some testing to see if the problems are actual real bugs, or related to 'Reporting' issues. Either way we can probably? get Admin to fix but we can't just say "Era Sucks, please fix" but try to provide a solid looking Bug report, and then have Player IDs as well. We can report these to Admin during a Chat, and they can usually determine if a Bug or a problem with the game calculating new Power levels and reporting them accurately and ranking Stats properly.
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

why do you assume that there are weaker and stronger units? you know, it is impossible to keep track of amp lvl for every single unit. so every unit of the same type you have has same amp lvl ;)
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Affy, although I agree, Admin wont do anything unless it is actually a bug. He always lets us work out the calculations for ourselves!

I think all the things you just mentioned will become clear in a week or 2 when people have over 30 well amped units and people test some destruction.

I will be more than happy to oblige on said testing; hello to all of those that have been farming me. :-"

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

HippyFool wrote:Affy, although I agree, Admin wont do anything unless it is actually a bug. He always lets us work out the calculations for ourselves!

I think all the things you just mentioned will become clear in a week or 2 when people have over 30 well amped units and people test some destruction.

I will be more than happy to oblige on said testing; hello to all of those that have been farming me. :-"

I think I'll have to do the same. There has been a certain hippy that keeps borrowing my naq and not giving it back...
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Jimbo 5.3 wrote:
HippyFool wrote:Affy, although I agree, Admin wont do anything unless it is actually a bug. He always lets us work out the calculations for ourselves!

I think I'll have to do the same. There has been a certain hippy that keeps borrowing my naq and not giving it back...

:smt058 << Kisses are better than naq [-X

Abhi
Forum Irregular

Affirmation wrote:1. Are we certain that Power levels are being reported correctly as TOTAL power or is it some sort of AVERAGE power level? With all the averaging going on this Era, We actually DO run the risk of purchasing the wrong combination of items - # of Troops versus # of Weaps - and actually end up temporarily causing your Total Power levels to drop (and this will take some leap of faith thinking...) because the game takes What Weapons you have, and Applies the equal Number of Troops to those Weapons. SO, If the game is applying the Strongest Troops to Weapons FIRST, then Training new Troops should NOT affect your Total Power/Ranking. BUT, if the game is applying WEAKEST Troops First to available Weapons, well then you can see where buying New Troops will Immediately Affect your Total Power and subsequently your turn rankings drastically!!
(So, if you Train more Troops in effect, placing weaker Troops on your Weapons, you may have to buy more Weapons so that ALL your troops including the Most powerful, are actually Arming a Weapon to Keep your Power levels growing!!)

2. Do we know for certain What order our AMPed troops Die in if they are Sabbed/Attacked?? This can also affect Averages and Total Power levels either immediately Postively, or short-termed Adversely. The only real component we can control Power levels with is Buying or Selling off Weapons versus Number of Troops Trained/AMPed. I do not know yet, as I wasted too much NAQ the last time experimenting with AMPing large numbers of Troops, versus the 1/2 Troop Super AMPing theory. Since I did that I am now past the point of no return, especially with Covert Troops. Although my 250 Covert Troops, AMPed to about 750-1000 Levels allowed me to see the NAQ showing for all but one or two of the Top 5 Ranked players! So, I would think they were somehow being roughly as effective as Super AMPing 1/2 Covert Troops 9999 times. I did not test them in a Sabbing situation. But, you stay with your 1/2 Covert Troops, and we will see what happens when I can afford to Train the rest of my 250 up to 9999 Times! HAHA

So, from what I am seeing, regular strategy holds. UP is important. While initially the high levels help, after each unit has been amped to 9999, you have nothing to do but add more troops and increase ampage until at max again. While it is harder to do with spies now, I am certain once the farms become large enough, this should become viable.

As to the whole question about which troops die first and all that, this is what I think happens. Everytime you add a new unit (to attack, def, cov, ac), your avg amp goes down, which is to be expected as shown by Juliette and Scenester. And as some people have realized by now, when this happens, the new amp level is not just the average of the AMP levels all your troops, but is the actual AMP level of ALL troops.

Which means, that at 500 amp level with 50 spies, say you have 1mil cov power. If you lose a few spies, your power actually goes DOWN but your AMP level shown remains the SAME. So, keep that in mind.

Let me know if anyone needs clarification.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Is this actually confirmed? (I havn't tested it yet)

So if I have 2 def weps and 1 defender on max amp, and then train a 2nd defender (so my average goes down to 5000) I have 2 defenders on 5000, not 1 on max and 1 on 1?

alucard110
Forum Irregular

I think i can put two of the points completely to bed, currently unable to elaborate further (mainly on one of the problems in particular due to the fact i want to test something)

Watch this thread for some possible explanations . (provided i don't increase my blood alcohol level too drastically in the next 2hrs.... which i can't guarantee)

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”