game cops needed!!

Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Re: game cops needed!!

Gregor Clegane wrote:I volunteer.
I'm withdrawing. I'm already a moderator and that's enough for now.

Hippy and Goo sounds like a killer combo.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

HippyFool
GhostyGoo
Akhal/Feri

They are the only ones active enough and that I really trust would not abuse their powers, much like some that nominated or were nominated would.

PS: Satan - there's a difference. Akhal was buying the naq all era long, something that has always been allowed (I've got tonnes of proves both on my paypal balance and what I've bought with the money, but I honestly don't feel like proving anything right now to anybody, believe what you want - if you so desire the proofs I might show them - but anybody that knows me knows I wouldn't waste my time for feeding as my time is very precious to me). Furthermore it's like saying that people all those centuries ago were breaking the laws by selling slaves which is now against the law, but wasn't back then. They abode the laws, much like Akhal abode every rule last era and all eras previous to that.

EDIT: And yeah - the 10 attacks limit has to go like Hippy said.
Also I don't believe the game cops should be able to see anything else than the global attack logs (perhaps in more detail as to what exact times attacks happened - not just to a minute but to a second) - they shouldn't be able to see your stats or anything not seen in the global attack logs

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

My vote would have to go to people who are committed to the game, wanting to keep it fair and honest for the rest of us to enjoy. Most importantly, these players need to be people that will not hesitate taking on 'a respectable' or 'likable' Q player because they might become unpopular with the rest or a certain group.

I do not put much value in the 'Legends' or old Q Players and I have my doubts about how they came to win eras repeatedly before the Global Attack Logs were available. I am not saying all of them were 'helped' but I have heard some stories of the 'good ol' days' and would therefor only look at those players that's been around since we have had the GAL made available to us and have proven themselves to be trustworthy and honest.

I'd have to pick Hippy as he is the chilled one (maybe too chilled? lol :razz: ). He has proven himself since the GAL became available. He is always helpful, on and off the forums, very diplomatic and polite. He always base his views on fact.

I do think GhostyGoo might be a good choice as well. I do not know him as well as I know Hippy but from what I have read so far on the forums I think it would be a good move for Q.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

ElgCaress wrote:I do not put much value in the 'Legends' or old Q Players and I have my doubts about how they came to win eras repeatedly before the Global Attack Logs were available. I am not saying all of them were 'helped' but I have heard some stories of the 'good ol' days' and would therefor only look at those players that's been around since we have had the GAL made available to us and have proven themselves to be trustworthy and honest.

You'd be surprised how many people still even after the GAL was made, after a suggestion by some of us, managed to cheat the game mechanics and win ;) Even some of those "best" and most "honorable" players "ever" ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer

Agreed. What you can always count on is that it will always come out...on the forums or word of mouth. I know of some 'winners' after the Logs were made available to us that managed what you are referring to in your post.

These days people scrutinize every Era Winner...myself included. I just prefer not to give my opinions in the Congrats Post after each era. Just knowing its not deserved is good enough for me ;)

...unless I am falling off the bus whereby you are actually referring to a player I voted for as honorable sarcastically? As Ghosty hasn't won an era (that I am aware of) are you referring to Hippy then?

Soz, it's hard to figure out one's posts, what they say, don't say or imply, on these forums if you do not know a person somewhat. :-)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

To some extent I agree that things come out. However sometimes the abuse of game mechanics is so precise that people, instead of accuse this kind of behavior, actually condone and applaud it because it's so innovative - even though they don't realize it that more players have thought of it and that they simply chose to play by the book and play fairly - or something like that, especially when a well known player does it. In my opinion the abuse of game mechanics at any point warrants a ban and if an abuser actually wins the era - a removal from Legends page.

I don't think I'd nominate Hippy if I thought he wasn't honorable :P We've had some differences a long long time ago, but he is one of very few that hold my utmost respect for their honorable play and behavior.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer

Neimenljivi wrote:To some extent I agree that things come out. However sometimes the abuse of game mechanics is so precise that people, instead of accuse this kind of behavior, actually condone and applaud it because it's so innovative - even though they don't realize it that more players have thought of it and that they simply chose to play by the book and play fairly - or something like that, especially when a well known player does it. In my opinion the abuse of game mechanics at any point warrants a ban and if an abuser actually wins the era - a removal from Legends page.

I don't think I'd nominate Hippy if I thought he wasn't honorable :P We've had some differences a long long time ago, but he is one of very few that hold my utmost respect for their honorable play and behavior.

~Jack

+ 1

Hence me stressing the importance in my original post regarding the selected players having the balls ( :razz: ) to take on anyone regardless of their popularity in Q. Removal from Legends DEFINITELY A MUST!

We seriously do not have to tolerate anyone who manipulate the rules or game mechanics...or justify their actions by claiming what they did/do falls in the grey area as there's nothing set in black and white....bleh! [-( We all know when we are doing something we shouldn't. Some of us just choose not to care. Those people I would like gone from Q. :D
Arty Bang
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Immortals
Race: Immortal
ID: 30115
Alternate name(s): Arty Bing

i vote hippy as a copper
Arty Bang Ex Quantum Game-Cop
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

Hippy and GhostyGoo
Scenester
Forum Regular

1) Jack
2) Hippy
3) ROBERT ;)
Mothership The PukingRainbow
arby
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): arbinator

1)hippy
2)affy
3)jack
4)myself
gott put yourself out thre, know all mentioned players a long time all respectful and wouldnt abus the powers
prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG - AGL
- IAG
- TAG - PTAG -LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK[
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok gonna close out votes end of week ... then we can tally them up.
i will elect 2 but thats not to say we cannot change it up, or add more, for future eras.
this will be a good initial test era.

for all those interested -the way it works:

gamecop sees only what everyone else does. the galactic logs are pretty good for detail - including unique IPs etc...I can add seconds to the logs if needed (for everyone including gamecops).

gamecop has an extra button/view - of either 'ban this user' or time left on ban if they're already banned.

when they hit the magic button, the user is banned for 24hours times the number of bans they now have (ie first ban is 1, so 1x24hours).

so the 2nd ban would be 48hours, and so on. one cannot (should not) ban for old (ie before the last ban) faults...just ones since the last ban ended.

when a cop bans, that is logged on the 1st page of the galacitc logs, just below the top 15 naq/hit stats...including which cop did the banning. they are answerable for their actions in this section -- and they are always polite :) even when banning you. always.

beyond that - bans and questions and such can be answered in this section by the cops themselves :)

hope it all makes sense, and provides the tools you were collectively looking for...
Don't make me use this!!!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Will game cops have the ability to unban people that have been banned but it is later found that the banning was a mistake?

Also, will game cops have the ability to permanent-ban players such as multis?

Also, will game cops have the ability to remove ill-gotten resources?

The problem I see with this 24 hour thing is for example with people like blain who has been continually feeding people against their will. You can ban him for 24 hours, then he comes back and does it again (he only needs a few mins to feed lots). Then you ban him again for 48 hours, he comes back and does it again, next is 72 hours, he does it again. Really doesn't solve anything seeing as he is only feeding people every few days anyway....

Some accounts simply need to be banned.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
sarparto
Forum Regular

Will the game cop be able to make the ban match the severity of the crime committed? If someone severly breaks a rule on a first offense, and only loses a day, then that's not much of a deterrent.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

sarparto wrote:Will the game cop be able to make the ban match the severity of the crime committed? If someone severly breaks a rule on a first offense, and only loses a day, then that's not much of a deterrent.

Yeah, I don't think there is anyone that would be bothered by a 24 hour ban for getting fed 1mil units!

I think game cops should be able to choose the duration of the ban, or have the power to remove ill-gotten UU or naq!

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”